Why?? Why?? Why??

Decorating By pearldust Updated 21 Apr 2007 , 5:51pm by pearldust

pearldust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pearldust Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:18am
post #1 of 51

I have finals next week but I always end up on cake central...wasting precious study time!!! WHYYYY is this site so addicting???

icon_lol.gif

50 replies
HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:22am
post #2 of 51

Go study--the cakes will still be here when finals are over. icon_biggrin.gif

(If only it were that easy to resist temptation!)

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:22am
post #3 of 51

lol...atleast we were warned from the get go. icon_smile.gif

GO STUDY....icon_smile.gif

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:23am
post #4 of 51

I understand where you are coming from. I can sit here for hours just looking at all the cakes. Why is this site so addicting?

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:25am
post #5 of 51

I dont understand either I have seen many treads about this subject and I still cant figure out why we cannot walk away.
I guess because you tell yourself, I just want to see what's up and I will only be on here for 15 minutes. Then you see something and you post something and well, it's been 2 1/2 hours and my DH has asked me 4 times if I was almost done, he knows I wanted to get to bed early! I keep on saying I am almost done. He just laughs. Our boys were up way too early this morning. Oh well, I will catch up next week!

Good Luck!

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:25am
post #6 of 51

Because we have a place to go that nobody else in the family wants anything to do with. We spend so much of our day, doing for others, that it is just nice to have something all to ourselves. Plus, we know all the answers and can solve all the world's problems and have fun doing it. LOL

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:26am
post #7 of 51

pearrrrrrllllllduuuuuuust.... doooooon't goooooo!! Come loooook at the beauuuuuuutifulllll caaaaakes! icon_wink.gif Hehehe. GO STUDY YOU FOOL!! We promise we'll wait for you. We won't post any cool new cakes or have any good conversations until you get back! Ok, everyone... QUIET!! You go ahead darlin', we're waiting.

Ok... is she gone? Guys? Did she leave? Ok, good! I have the best secrets to help make decorating cakes super easy! You won't believe these tips! Oh crap, here she comes!! Shhhhhhhhh, I'll tell you later!

Hey... it's been a long, hard day. icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:27am
post #8 of 51

As I said earlier, I was supposed to be getting work done that is obviously late and I spent most of my day on CC. icon_rolleyes.gif

I wish this site was less exciting.

icon_surprised.gif What am I saying????

Never mind, the way I see it is if I get fired, there will be more time for cake stuff. icon_twisted.gif

Go study! I'll watch the place for you.

itsloops Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:28am
post #9 of 51

Melvira,
You're so funny!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:31am
post #10 of 51

*guilty* icon_redface.gif

I just like to break the monotony by being a complete idiot once in a while! I be cooool! icon_cool.gif

itsloops Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:36am
post #11 of 51

Well, I'm just as guilty of being addicted. icon_twisted.gif

I should be doing hubby's invoicing at this very minute because he's going to walk thru that door any minute and ask if I'm done and I haven't even started. icon_redface.gif

I'm afraid I'll miss something. icon_cry.gif

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:37am
post #12 of 51

Yes Melvira you are funny!!

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:44am
post #13 of 51

...lol....
Melvira...mistress of the dark.....idiot of CC.....you nutball icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

pookster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookster Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:45am
post #14 of 51

yes...this site is sooo addicting...i never paid much attention to the warning of it being highly addictive...now i know better!!!! to late for me though...i've been reeled in. every nite i go to bed with my eyes burning from staring at the computer screen so long!!!!

eneq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eneq Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:55am
post #15 of 51

hehehe pookster...sounds like u just described me. i think i need to get new glasses from spending waaayyyy too much time in front of the computer. icon_eek.gif

hnogden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hnogden Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 4:07am
post #16 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

pearrrrrrllllllduuuuuuust.... doooooon't goooooo!! Come loooook at the beauuuuuuutifulllll caaaaakes! icon_wink.gif Hehehe. GO STUDY YOU FOOL!! We promise we'll wait for you. We won't post any cool new cakes or have any good conversations until you get back! Ok, everyone... QUIET!! You go ahead darlin', we're waiting.

Ok... is she gone? Guys? Did she leave? Ok, good! I have the best secrets to help make decorating cakes super easy! You won't believe these tips! Oh crap, here she comes!! Shhhhhhhhh, I'll tell you later!

OMG I just laughed so loud I snorted and woke both my DH and DD up. icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 1:42pm
post #17 of 51

icon_cry.gif Waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I'm considered the town idiot in Cake Centralsburg!! icon_cry.gif

Ok fine... I'll be the idiot, but the next time I have a genius idea I'm not telling Wendoger!! Haha! Take that! icon_razz.gif I hereby curse you to have lumpy-bumpy icing forever!! icon_twisted.gif

Ah, you know I love ya! I'd never hold out on you! icon_lol.gif

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 2:56pm
post #18 of 51

....LOL....LOL...LOL.....
(good Lord this brawd is crazy! icon_lol.gif )

But I just LOVE her!!!!!!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

gladds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gladds Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:09pm
post #19 of 51

I can't even go away long enough to go make the cake I need to do this morning. Explain that?

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:10pm
post #20 of 51

I only found this site a couple days ago, but have wasted plenty of time on it! I HAD to mop my floors this morning and couldn't pry myself from the computer so I actually had to LOCK THE COMPUTER UP! (It's a desk inside a cabinet, you close the doors and the mess goes away!) Seeing the lock reminded me everytime I reached for those doors!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:17pm
post #21 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyMonica

I only found this site a couple days ago, but have wasted plenty of time on it! I HAD to mop my floors this morning and couldn't pry myself from the computer so I actually had to LOCK THE COMPUTER UP! (It's a desk inside a cabinet, you close the doors and the mess goes away!) Seeing the lock reminded me everytime I reached for those doors!

OH MY GOSH! What she said..."wasted plenty of time on it!" icon_surprised.gif Quick! Someone get the soap! icon_lol.gif

My dear this is not time wasted....it is time learning and bonding with other cakers! (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!) icon_wink.gif

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:18pm
post #22 of 51

Because there are always more cakes to see...every minute....more cakes....more people talking about cakes.....more things to learn about cakes.....more cake.....

Maybe we are being hypnotized!!

I knew I was addicted when my hubby called out from the other room
"are you on the cake site!?!"

I clicked off like I was looking at something naughty icon_surprised.gif

I think it's rubbing off on him because if I have the site pulled up but minimized, he will pull it up and start looking at it too....hmmmm....maybe I can get him to start helping me....
Thanks Cake Central for making me a cake nerd! LOVE IT!

Melvira Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:19pm
post #23 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladds

I can't even go away long enough to go make the cake I need to do this morning. Explain that?

(Insert best intelli-german accent here)

Vell, I vill try to es'splain dis in termz zee tiny minded can oonderstandt! You have zee addiction to zee vebsite. You zee, zere are teensy tiny hormones zat flow through zee body every time you are looking at zee photoz in zee gallery. Zees hormones are alzo evident ven typing in zee forums. Zees little hormones flow to zee pleazure zenter of zee brain causing a sort of false euphoria, making you zink you are having zee good time! You feel zee happiness and joy, and zink zis is zee only plaze to get zem feelings! Vell, I soogest you just zit down and indulge in zat feeling, after all, it iz qvite healthy to feel zis!! icon_lol.gif

Luxe42 Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:19pm
post #24 of 51
Quote:

ha ha ha I've totally done that! What is up with that??

Luxe42 Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:21pm
post #25 of 51
Quote:

Quote:

Vell, I vill try to es'splain dis in termz zee tiny minded can oonderstandt! You have zee addiction to zee vebsite. You zee, zere are teensy tiny hormones zat flow through zee body every time you are looking at zee photoz in zee gallery. Zees hormones are alzo evident ven typing in zee forums. Zees little hormones flow to zee pleazure zenter of zee brain causing a sort of false euphoria, making you zink you are having zee good time! You feel zee happiness and joy, and zink this is zee only plaze to get zem feelings! Vell, I soogest you just zit down and indulge in zat feeling, after all, it iz qvite healthy to feel zis!! icon_lol.gif

Melvira I think you just became our leader. You are now addicted in German ha ha ha
That was crazy funny!

Vanaya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanaya Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:27pm
post #26 of 51
Quote:

Vell, I vill try to es'splain dis in termz zee tiny minded can oonderstandt! You have zee addiction to zee vebsite. You zee, zere are teensy tiny hormones zat flow through zee body every time you are looking at zee photoz in zee gallery. Zees hormones are alzo evident ven typing in zee forums. Zees little hormones flow to zee pleazure zenter of zee brain causing a sort of false euphoria, making you zink you are having zee good time! You feel zee happiness and joy, and zink zis is zee only plaze to get zem feelings! Vell, I soogest you just zit down and indulge in zat feeling, after all, it iz qvite healthy to feel zis!! icon_lol.gif

Hehehe!
icon_biggrin.gif

I just might steal that quote!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:32pm
post #27 of 51
Quote:

ROFLOL! And you think she can possibly peel herself away now! HAHAHA! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:34pm
post #28 of 51

Melvira, have you been sniffing that powered sugar again!? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

You crack me up...see I'm in pieces all over my floor... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

This is why I love this site. I can get a good laugh.

BTW, Pearldust get back to work...

hnogden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hnogden Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:45pm
post #29 of 51

Vell, I vill try to es'splain dis in termz zee tiny minded can oonderstandt! You have zee addiction to zee vebsite. You zee, zere are teensy tiny hormones zat flow through zee body every time you are looking at zee photoz in zee gallery. Zees hormones are alzo evident ven typing in zee forums. Zees little hormones flow to zee pleazure zenter of zee brain causing a sort of false euphoria, making you zink you are having zee good time! You feel zee happiness and joy, and zink zis is zee only plaze to get zem feelings! Vell, I soogest you just zit down and indulge in zat feeling, after all, it iz qvite healthy to feel zis!! icon_lol.gif[/quote]

I now worship at the feet of Melvira goddess of the Crazy Cake Ladies (and gents). You crack me up! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 4:02pm
post #30 of 51

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, gailsgoodies! A thousand apologies! Not time WASTED. Wrong wording..it is time well spent. I can see my money being spent, too. Hee hee. My "to buy from Michael's" list is getting longer and longer. (Thank goodness I have a hook-up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%