Counselor/70Th Birthday

Decorating By Beecharmer Updated 27 Apr 2005 , 1:36am by Lisa

Beecharmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beecharmer Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 5

Hi - I am going to a surprise 70th birthday party next week for a lady who has been a counselor to children for all of the Vigo County Schools. She just loves kids and is still substitute teaching occasionally. I loved the cake that Mindibrad made, but I cannot do fondant yet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 5

You could do a cake similiar to that with 2D faces. It would be easy to cut them out of fondant but you could also use vanilla wafers or some kind of round smooth cookie for the faces.

Or you could do a cake cut out to look like the number 70 and decorate that with a school theme. Maybe a little apple or ruler border, a math problem that adds up to 70...the message could be written to look like a piece of chalk did it.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 5

That's a great idea Lisa! Real good!

Beecharmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beecharmer Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 5

That is a good idea, but how would I make it look like a piece of chalk did the writting?

Lisa

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 1:36am
post #5 of 5

You could use either a small flat basketweave type tip and make the writing flat or a round tip (maybe a 4)...I think the round tip would be easier. Then write your message and at the end of the message pipe a line with a large round tip to look like a piece of chalk. The writing won't really look like chalk but having the piece of chalk there would give the impression. You could even ice the top of one or both of the numbers to look like a chalkboard.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%