Wilton Shower Surprise Multi Pan Cake Insert Instructions?

Decorating By Brendansmum Updated 8 Apr 2006 , 10:22pm by Doug

Brendansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendansmum Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 6

Does any one have instructions for this cake insert. I don't know if you are supposed to put in a cake pan then fill with batter or what. I looked on the Wilton website and can't find anything. I looked on this wesite also and found nothing. There is one listed on ebay but I still can't make out how to use it. I just picked mine up today at the Goodwill for a buck! Now i just need to figure out how to use it! Please can anyone help.

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not really sure what cake pan you're talking about???? Does it have the name of the pan on it somewhere??? Is it wilton???

LeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeAnn Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 6:51am
post #3 of 6

Are you talking about the piece for even cooking. Yes you do fill it , but make sure you grease inside and out and pop it in the middle of the cake. It then acts like a plug. I bought this but then opted out. Prefering the smoothness of it being evenly baked.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 6

I am not sure what you are talking about either. Can you post a link to a picture of it? thanks!

Leily

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 6

Why not just ask the seller a question on ebay. Sellers are prety forthcoming with answers.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 6

bingo...got the answer

this is a metal insert that fits a special 10" baking ring

it is one of some 12 inserts wilton sold in the late 70's.

from Wilton forum

(also search the wilton forum on "multi pan insert")

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%