Whipped Cream Buttercream ~ One Bowl Version~ Yummmmmmm!!!

Decorating By TJSCAKES Updated 7 Apr 2006 , 3:47pm by chocomama

TJSCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJSCAKES Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 1:04am
post #1 of 30

I just made the one bowl version of the Whipped Cream Buttercream and I LOVE IT!!! I've always made a meringue buttercream, not IMBC or SMBC, just an all shortening bc that has a meringue folded into it and it's almost identical!!! It tastes the same and has the same texture and took me a LOT less time to make!!...I folded crushed Oreos in some of it for the filling!....It's light and fluffy and not too sweet!! No greasy feeling either!

Has anyone who's made this, doubled the recipe? or should I just make 2 batches icon_biggrin.gif

29 replies
Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 2:04am
post #2 of 30

I'd love to try it....where could I find the recipe? I tried to look in the recipe section here, but I don't think it was there.

thanks!! icon_smile.gif

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 2:39am
post #3 of 30

i want to try it too...where is the recipe posted?

cdstem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdstem Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 2:42am
post #4 of 30

yeah i would like the recipe too.

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 2:47am
post #5 of 30

Me too!!!

sue_dye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sue_dye Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 2:58am
post #7 of 30

I've did this recipe both way and I like the two part recipe better, for some reason the results were a little different.

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 2:59am
post #8 of 30

Thanks a bunch!!

sue_dye Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 3:09am
post #9 of 30

I also dissolve my white sugar and salt in the hot water before adding the meringue, no grit in the frosting that way.

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 3:22am
post #10 of 30

I made a double when I made it. It definatly filled my 5 qt KA and made a mess, but it made a mess in the general sence, it didn't overfill the bowl, but it filled it. I decided then that I would make 2 singles from now on, but if you have a KA bigger than 5 qt, I would go for it. I agree, this BC is GREAT. The taste is SO much lighter and better than the traditional BC. This will be my recipe from now on. It even pipes well, but it is too soft for roses. Idefinatly thank whoever posted it first.

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 3:22am
post #11 of 30

One bowl or two. o well either way it's a frosting my kids and hubby will eat. LOL!!!

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 3:22am
post #12 of 30

Mmmm.....sounds good. I'll have to try it.

sue_dye Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 3:30am
post #13 of 30

You can do roses with this frosting, I put three tbs of meringue in mine. I think I make better roses with this frosting. I will post pictures of a two cake with this frosting.. Look at my roses. Will use this recipe as my all time fav.
LL
LL

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 3:43am
post #14 of 30

Sue, it that the one bowl or the two bowl? I thought you used the two bowl for the roses. If ti was the one bowl, than the extra merange must make the difference because my roses wilted. LOL. I will try it again next time with the extra merange and try the roses again. Thanks.

sue_dye Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 3:45am
post #15 of 30

I do the two bowl recipe.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 3:47am
post #16 of 30

ugh, I musta done somethin' wrong...I tried makin' it and I guess I need some practice er somethin'...it wasn't all that great...for me anyways...icon_wink.gif

TJSCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJSCAKES Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 4:30am
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_dye

You can do roses with this frosting, I put three tbs of meringue in mine. I think I make better roses with this frosting. I will post pictures of a two cake with this frosting.. Look at my roses. Will use this recipe as my all time fav.

your cakes are so beautiful and your roses are absolutely perfect!...I think I'll have to try the 2 bowl version to see what's different about it.

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 4:40am
post #18 of 30

I can't find the one bowl recipe. I've used the 2 bowl and loved it. Used some today as a filling and mixed in some cocoa powder for a yummy chocolate flavor. I had no idea you could pipe with it, though. I know I added a lot of meringue to mine but it was so fluffy. Hmmmm...if you look in my photos the one with the pink flowers was the 2 bowl. See how fluffy it is?

sue_dye Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 4:42am
post #19 of 30

TJSCAKES,
Thank you on the nice comment on the roses. Don't for get 3 tbs of meringue power.

sue_dye Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 4:44am
post #20 of 30

Yes it's light and fluffy but you can pipe with it.

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 4:44am
post #21 of 30

Can you substitute butter for any of the crisco? I really want to try this recipe.

sue_dye Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 4:49am
post #22 of 30

I don't know how it would turn out if you substituted some butter for some of Crisco. If anyone tries let me know.

sue_dye Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 4:59am
post #23 of 30

You can also use the viva on the top after it sits. Just go very lightly, I use a fondant smoother on top of the viva. The sides are very easy to smooth with any straight edge tool.

chocomama Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 12:43pm
post #24 of 30

Wow, I can't believe it gets that smooth. That's fantastic b/c I have a customer who wanted whipped cream but I didn't think I'd be able to get it smooth enough to write on it.
sue, you used a one bowl recipe, right? is in on this site?

sue_dye Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 1:05pm
post #25 of 30

This is the recipe I use the two part one, but I put 3 tbs of meringue power in mine.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2019-252-Whipped-Cream-Buttercream-Frosting.html

BakerBea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBea Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 1:13pm
post #26 of 30

maybe a stupid question...but do you put just 3 Tps of meringue? or do you add 3 additional Tps?

sue_dye Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 1:15pm
post #27 of 30

only 3 tbs.

chocomama Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 3:15pm
post #28 of 30

Hmmmm...I put 3 tbs. in, too, but it definitely didn't crust.

sue_dye Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 3:25pm
post #29 of 30

It crust only slightly, just enough to use the viva. You don't think it is but there is a light crust. Go very easy only on the top.

chocomama Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 3:47pm
post #30 of 30

I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%