New Website...:)

Business By Sugarbean Updated 11 Apr 2007 , 5:33pm by southerncake

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 49

Dh re-did my website for me!!! Its not that different. Just a different menu, new gallery, new blurbs...

Can you all "check" it for me?

How long does it take to load? Do the pictures cover up any writing. Does the menu take you where it should?

I'd love to see screen shots in other browsers if your able.

Thanks!!

www.sugarbeancakes.com

48 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 49

Hi Sugarbean! Your website looks really good. The pages as well as the photos loaded very fast for me . The home tab didn't work. Also, just a suggestion...Maybe to blur out the S*** word on your toilet paper cake. May be offensive for customers not expecting it. JMO.

-Rezzy

Sugarbean Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 49

Thanks -Rezzy...I was thinking that..Just forgot to do it before I gave the pic to my "website guy"...icon_wink.gif

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 49

Just thought I'd let you know (if you didn't already), your golf ball cake is in your specialty gallery of photos twice - once on the first page and once on the 4th page. By the way, I LOVE that viewers just have to mouse over the clips to see the full picture! No more clicking and waiting for the photo to come up. That's wonderful. Great website!

kdkamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdkamp Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 49

Your site looks great! I love your cakes!

Sugarbean Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 49

Thanks..icon_smile.gif

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 9:41pm
post #7 of 49

I agree with the minor issues already listed...but everything looks really good! It's extremely easy to navigate and user friendly! My website needs some "revamping" and yours just showed me how much! icon_wink.gif Great Job!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 10:03pm
post #8 of 49

i think it looks great, the one problem ihad but it could also be me, was when ever i clicked on the home page from another page i got an error message. also at the bottom of the picture pages you have some wording about holding the mouse over a picture to see all the picture, half of that was covered by a bar.

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 10:27pm
post #9 of 49

I had no problem with the home tab. I do agree with the "shit" thing, and that the golf cake is on there twice.

Very nice navigation, I love the scroll over features.

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 10:35pm
post #10 of 49

Looks good. On your home page for consultations change 21th to 21st.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 10:46pm
post #11 of 49

The site AND your cakes look really good....... my only suggestion would be that when the large picture comes up, if we could click on it to "save".... I have a whole bunch of pictures in a saved album, and I can't do that with yours... They are WORTH saving !!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:03pm
post #12 of 49

Love the new look!

One thing is to put "Sugar Bean Cakes" in big bold letters at the top of the Home page. For some reason now, there is just a big blank spot there right now. (I wasn't sure if I was on the home page or not because I didn't see your logo anywhere?!)

"Rental Gallery" link didn't work for me. icon_sad.gif

In Pricing under Specialty Cakes, "individuality" is accidentally spelled "indivudality".

Sugarbean Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:15pm
post #13 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by grama_j

The site AND your cakes look really good....... my only suggestion would be that when the large picture comes up, if we could click on it to "save".... I have a whole bunch of pictures in a saved album, and I can't do that with yours... They are WORTH saving !!

That's on purpose icon_wink.gif Sorry.

grama_j Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:17pm
post #14 of 49

"That's on purpose Sorry. "

Why on earth would you not want people to save your works of art?

Sugarbean Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:18pm
post #15 of 49

Antionia...

What browser are you using? I have a "header" with a white and orange cake with a gerber? On there it says "Sugar Bean Cakes" in big letters.

And above the writing on the HOME page is 3 pictures. Do you see those?

icon_smile.gif

Sugarbean Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:19pm
post #16 of 49

No debate....

I dont' want to see my pics on other people's sites...

If you want a pic. Just email me and I'll send you one. icon_smile.gif

mdelmauro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdelmauro Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:26pm
post #17 of 49

Just wanted to say that your website is great. Loaded pictures quickly and was easy to navigate. Your cakes and figuerines are excellent!! Hope that you have many hits on your site and tons of orders.

antonia74 Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:35pm
post #18 of 49

I'm on Internet Explorer....and nope, no logo/name at the top for me...just blank space. (I tried from my MSN Explorer account too and still blank?)

I agree 100% with using the Flash as a no-save option AND watermarking the photos still. Make it really hard for people to save/print out the photos.

(I still hear from other local bakers who are friends of mine that people printing out the entire screen to take to consultations....but at least they can't post it elsewhere!) Good choice on that!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Stick to your guns girl!

Tell me how to do a "screen shot" and I'll show you what I'm seeing?!

grama_j Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:48pm
post #19 of 49

"No debate.... "

Wasn't looking for a debate..... just asking a question.... sorry to have offended you.....
Your pictures are right here to see,and or copy, or save, so thought I would ask why the difference.....

grama_j Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:49pm
post #20 of 49

"No debate.... "

Wasn't looking for a debate..... just asking a question.... sorry to have offended you.....
Your pictures are right here to see,and or copy, or save, so thought I would ask why the difference.....

antonia74 Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:52pm
post #21 of 49

Here's what I see. I just took a photo! icon_lol.gif :
LL

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 11:56pm
post #22 of 49

Greta site--love the colors! I think I will move to Canada to ooh and awww yours and Antonia'74's creations! lol

On your specialty cakes--delectable desserts--there is a spelling oops maybe--
It reads: Mint Squares
Danity squares with coconut, mint and chocolate

Should it be: dainty?

Feefs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Feefs Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 1:00am
post #23 of 49

Hiya...

your website looks very nice- nice flow to it...

however, am going to be a piker and burst your bubble on the whole safe-guarding images.... if you look at the link below, you can see I am able to find your "big picture", and then "save as" in my own folder and do whatever I like with it -- not that I would, but if you really want to protect your images you need to do a little more than you have - eg; make a flash site and embed the image in that - is near on impossible to grab the images then... sorry if this seems nasty, but didn't want you to get a nasty shock in finding one of your fab cakes on someone elses site and wondering how it got there.

http://www.sugarbeancakes.com/Pictures-Wedding/chocolate%20scrolls3.jpg

and remember... the internet is the plagerists (sp?) heaven!

-- Fi

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 4:14am
post #24 of 49

On your 'about' page, add a comma between 'colors' and 'and' & then between 'cakes' and 'Lindsay.'

Being young and up-to-date on all the decorating techniques, colors, and styles of cakes, Lindsay and Micheline will create a piece of art that is beyond your expectations."

I think it looks great! I love your background pattern.

Sugarbean Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 4:49am
post #25 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feefs

Hiya...

your website looks very nice- nice flow to it...

however, am going to be a piker and burst your bubble on the whole safe-guarding images.... if you look at the link below, you can see I am able to find your "big picture", and then "save as" in my own folder and do whatever I like with it -- not that I would, but if you really want to protect your images you need to do a little more than you have - eg; make a flash site and embed the image in that - is near on impossible to grab the images then... sorry if this seems nasty, but didn't want you to get a nasty shock in finding one of your fab cakes on someone elses site and wondering how it got there.

http://www.sugarbeancakes.com/Pictures-Wedding/chocolate%20scrolls3.jpg

and remember... the internet is the plagerists (sp?) heaven!

-- Fi

Thanks! I did know that someone could do this. That's why they are watermarked too. The "average" person however does not know how to do that. So I'm ok with that. icon_smile.gif Not offended at all.

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 8 Apr 2007 , 11:52pm
post #26 of 49

I love your site. Your cakes look great!

Andrea

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 5:37am
post #27 of 49

Scor Bites
Wonderful squares made with Skor and chocolate, who can pass up that combination

Don't know what these are but one is spelt Scor and the other Skor. Is this correct?

Website looks good and pictures load quickly for me. I'm on Microsoft Internet Explorer too and the header pic comes up on my screen.

Barbara

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 7:14am
post #28 of 49

It looks really nice to me. I didn't realize that when people did the flash thing, it was to protect the pictures. Colette Peters does the same on her website as well.

How do you watermark your pictures?

The browser I use is Firefox and it turns out very nicely.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 7:19am
post #29 of 49

actually, I did find a very minor typo. On your "helpful Wedding links" page, there is a link to www.weddingswest.ca but when you click it, it takes you to the an error page:
http://www.weddingwest.ca/
instead of:
http://www.weddingswest.ca/

antonia74 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 3:03pm
post #30 of 49

Hi! I'm at my parents' house today using Internet Explorer and the header is there! icon_confused.gif

Gotta check out my computer at home again. I may have something blocking it for some reason?! icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%