New Website...:)

Business By Sugarbean Updated 11 Apr 2007 , 5:33pm by southerncake

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 3:37pm
post #31 of 49

Thanks everyone...I think EVERYTHING is fixed now...LOL

Just need to do my rental's gallery, but I'm waiting for some pictures for that. icon_smile.gif

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 5:43pm
post #32 of 49

[quote]What other events will you do cakes and desserts for?
We do cakes and desserts for all of lifes celebrations. From Baby Showers, Bridal Showers, Birthday's to "Celebrations of Life" (funerals), we can create cakes and desserts for almost any event.

Quote:
Quote:

It should be birthdays, not birthday's. (Sorry, I have a spell/grammar check sickness.........LOL)

The site looks great though. I think your name and logo are super cute!

Tscookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tscookies Posted 9 Apr 2007 , 10:12pm
post #33 of 49

Maybe it's just me, but I'd move the 'who gives a sh**' cake to the bottom of the Specialty Cake page, or maybe even off the site. I landed on this page before seeing your Wedding cakes, and it kind of changed my impression a little. Not that I'm a prude - I think the cake is hilarious, but you don't know what someone else will think and with a site that is filled with fabulous, professional looking cakes, that one little cake could change someone's impression. The two cakes above it are great examples of the fantastic work you can do, and then you scroll over and catch a glimpse of the poop ... it distracted me.

Sugarbean Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 2:13am
post #34 of 49

Thanks Tscookies...Was it less offensive with the "blank" box over it, so you couldn't "read" the word??

Tscookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tscookies Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 2:59am
post #35 of 49

Not really. The two cakes above it show such sophistication and artistry. When I saw the next cake - it was a swing into that 'risque' category. I don't mean to make this a big deal ... your site is really wonderful and I hope you're very proud of it.

Sugarbean Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 3:19am
post #36 of 49

no....this is exactly why I posted my site. For feedback. I'll get dh to move it to the 4th/5th page tomorrow. icon_smile.gif

ladysonja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladysonja Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 3:28am
post #37 of 49

Awesome Website... I love how you can move your mouse over the pictures and it pops up without a download! Love the cakes... especially the specialty cake with the roll of toilet paper and the poo log! That is too funny...

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 3:31am
post #38 of 49

your site looks great! i checked out your specialty cakes gallery and on the 5th page, there are three pictures that are just red Xes.

sorry, i just continued browsing through and noticed on your flavor pages that your capitalization is a little sporatic and you spell buttercream one word in one place and two words in another.

on the pricing page, under cupcakes, minis shouldn't have an apostrophe.

and on the rentals page, you have one photo there twice, there are some photos that are just red Xes and the photos of the daisies, when you scroll over them, say, 'no photo available'

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 3:31am
post #39 of 49

Great Site, I too love the colors. The only thing I thought of is at the bottom where it says phone now to book your consulation, maybe you should have your number right there as well...so people don't have to go looking for it. Just my opinion. It looks great though!

Sugarbean Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 3:36am
post #40 of 49

Thanks!!

The Poo cake has been moved...icon_wink.gif

And the "X"s fixed...

qtcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtcakes Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 11:13pm
post #41 of 49

i like the look of your site very much. i love the fact that the photos pop up automatically. and brite colors attract.

albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 4:02am
post #42 of 49

I also have the problem with your logo banner not displaying on any of the pages. I'll try to attach a screenshot so you can see it.
LL

albumangel Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 4:09am
post #43 of 49

I meant to mention that I'm using Internet Explorer v6 on Windows XP. I'm running the Norton pop-up blocker, but I don't think that's the problem. Let me know if you have other questions about my configuration if you want to troubleshoot.

Sugarbean Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:02am
post #44 of 49

Albumangel...

Does it do that on all pages?

DH has done a screen shot using Exp 6.0 and it works fine..

Humm...weird...we'll check it out...

albumangel Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:00pm
post #45 of 49

Yes- all the pages are missing the top section.

qtcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtcakes Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:01pm
post #46 of 49

dont you find that comp. are tempermental at times. the next time it will probably load the header of your cake and logo.
i wouldnt panic yet.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:08pm
post #47 of 49

I think everything looks GREAT! Your photos are wonderful! I am sooo jealous! icon_lol.gif

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:12pm
post #48 of 49

everything looks wonderful !!

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:33pm
post #49 of 49

I too love the site and think everything looks great! I have enjoyed seeing your logo for a long time.

I just wanted to let you know that I too just have blank spaces at the top of each page and the logo does not show up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%