Still Need Help!!-*chocolate Transfer Repost*

Decorating By bernie Updated 3 Apr 2006 , 2:07pm by bernie

bernie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bernie Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 4:57am
post #1 of 5

Hello Guys, I made my first chocolate transfer yesterday, and it came out great. The only trouble was, I couldn't cut it!
I used the candy melts...

What did I do wrong??? I tried to use a hot knife, however that didn't work either. I finally cut it, but my transfer broke into pieces....

PLEASE help me so that this won't happen next time! I really like this technique, but I don't want my picture to shatter when it's time to eat it...

This is my second time posting this topic.. SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, PLEASE HELP ME. icon_cry.gif

Here is a pic of the cake.
LL

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 8:35am
post #2 of 5

It is the nature of the candy melts and other chocolate, to break when you try to cut them. You can use a frozen buttercream with the same technique. It melts onto the cake and won't break when you cut it.

Also, royal will soften on the cake.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 8:40am
post #3 of 5

I agree with Joann. If you want to save the transfer, you will just have to remove it from the cake before you cut it. I'v made several and the recipients know in advance that it is going to break if they don't take it off of the cake. Most just dig in!! Hope this helps.

Cindy

luggi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luggi Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 8:44am
post #4 of 5

You can make the chocolate softer by adding shortening (or cocoa butter) to the melted candy melts. I don't know if it's usable for your technique. Have a try! The more shortening you add the runnier the mix will be.

Luggi

bernie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bernie Posted 3 Apr 2006 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 5

I will keep your suggestions in mind. I have tried the fbct, but the image did not come out as nice as the chocolate. I've only tried each once, so I guess I should practice, practice, practice!

Thanks again...
Bernie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%