Wilton Cookie Treat Sticks- Before Or After Baking?

Baking By golfgirl1227 Updated 29 Mar 2006 , 12:44am by prettycake

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 2:05am
post #1 of 10

I need to make some cookies on sticks and would like to use these white sticks. Since they are "heavy paper" I can't put them in the cookie before baking, right? So should I just use dowel rods so I can put them in before baking? Putting the sticks in before baking sounds like the easiest way (still time to fix it if I mess it up!).

TIA,
Suz

9 replies
JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 2:35am
post #2 of 10

I've used the white lollipop sticks in cookies before, no problems! Cookies usually aren't in long enough to be a problem anyways. I used them for my valentines cookies(in my photos), and put the sticks in before they went in the oven. They weren't singed or burnt at all, so no worries!

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 2:41am
post #3 of 10

The white lollipop sticks are fine to use before you bake your cookies. It shouldn't be a problem! I have done it several times and it works great! Much easier than adding them after.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 5:40am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgirl1227

I need to make some cookies on sticks and would like to use these white sticks. Since they are "heavy paper" I can't put them in the cookie before baking, right? So should I just use dowel rods so I can put them in before baking? Putting the sticks in before baking sounds like the easiest way (still time to fix it if I mess it up!).

TIA,
Suz

They will be fine to go in the oven. I always bake my cookies with them in so the dough bakes around the cookies and hold them in place.

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 6:10am
post #5 of 10

Off the stick subject (sorry to hi-jack this post) Is there a recipe you use that is better than the one that comes with the pans. I cannot get that recipe to work and I have 3 cookie treat on a stick pans that just sit...never been able to get them to work.

golfgirl1227 Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 10

Schmoop,

I don't use the cookie treat pans, so I can't help you there. I do use the No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe from this site. You can cut the cookies any shape you want and then put a stick in them and bake.

HTH,
Suz

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 7:14pm
post #7 of 10

I make really big and thick cookies that's why I use the dowel as my stick for cookies.. that's what Cookies By Design uses..just to support the heavy cookies esp. w/ a lot of decoration on it icon_smile.gif

golfgirl1227 Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 12:26am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettycake

I make really big and thick cookies that's why I use the dowel as my stick for cookies.. that's what Cookies By Design uses..just to support the heavy cookies esp. w/ a lot of decoration on it icon_smile.gif

So if I make cookies that are at least 1/3" thick and completely decorated in royal icing will the stick be enough to support it, or should I go with a dowel?

Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 12:41am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoop

Off the stick subject (sorry to hi-jack this post) Is there a recipe you use that is better than the one that comes with the pans. I cannot get that recipe to work and I have 3 cookie treat on a stick pans that just sit...never been able to get them to work.

The No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe is great! The dough stays true to the cutter...it doesn't puff out and distort the shape! Best of all they taste delicous!

Here is a link to the recipe:
http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2055-0-No-Fail-Sugar-Cookies.html

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 29 Mar 2006 , 12:44am
post #10 of 10

Golfgirl,
yes, the dowel will hold the cookie no matter what..just make sure it is embedden well into the cookie..you can shorten the dowel by an inch or two. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%