My Little Pony Cake Ideas

Decorating By jovigirl Updated 26 Mar 2006 , 10:43pm by mariamom

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 2:12am
post #1 of 14

Hello everyone,
Thank you for taking the time to read my request thumbs_up.gif
My daughter who is turning 4 in mid april has requested a My little pony cake. I'm not to crazy about the character pans as they take forever & don't turn out that sharp. Would any of you talented people have some other ideas in mind, I'm just looking for something simple as I am pregnant & I am due 2 weeks after my daughter birthday icon_surprised.gif
Thanks again for taking the time to help this mommy out thumbs_up.gif

13 replies
KCsmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCsmom98 Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 2:18am
post #2 of 14

hi jovigirl...don't know if this is what you are looking for, but i found this one online. it looks pretty simple to do, and it's cute. congrats on the baby... icon_biggrin.gif
hope this helps. be sure to post a picture of what ever you decide to do.

Jen
LL

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 2:42am
post #3 of 14

Have you thought of putting a toy pony on top of the cake?
That usually worked for me when my daughter was that age.
My daughter danced the pony in the icing before eating the cake!
Good luck on the cake and congratulations on the baby-to-be!!!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 4:46am
post #4 of 14

I did one of these last fall... a very simple one too!

Unfortunately I haven't gotten the picture yet. I will try to get it again-it was taken on someone elses digital camera.

I will try to describe it though. First I went and picked out a pony of the toy section =) I ended up with one from the butterfly island collection b/c I knew it was one the birthday girl didn't have. For the cake I made a regular cake mix in a bundt pan, and two cupcakes. I used one cupcake in the middle to fill up the whole of the bundt shape and then put another one on top of the bundt cake. The one on top had water coming down it like a water fall and then the one in the middle sat below the top of the bundt cake so I made that blue also for a lake. The rest of the bundt cake was green then I used some flowers to decorate (drop flowers are great for this =) and you can make them ahead of time with royal!) Then I added the toys to finish it off.

The birthday girl liked it b/c she had the toy to play with. It was quick and easy =)

If you wanted you could start making the cakes a week or two in advance and freeze well wrapped. That should make things easier on you, not trying to do it all at once. Then just mix up a batch of icing (total about 6 cups) two colors to mix and you're good to go =)

Hope this helps. I will try again to get a picture of the cake so I can post it for you.

leily

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 6:13am
post #5 of 14

I did a My Pretty Pony Cake for my grandaughters 2nd birthday, I kept it simple with White Chocolate butterflies, pastel tiers and pony toys. There is a picture of it in my photos, hope it helps !!!

kaurislapsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaurislapsi Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 4:41pm
post #6 of 14

I made just a week ago a my little pony's head cake. It is in my photos. You can also PM me for more pictures or instructions.

Jenni

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 4:49pm
post #7 of 14

there's one in my photos. the ponies are generic ponies from the dollar store ($1 for two of them icon_biggrin.gif ) the girl's name is done with royal icing, but you could leave that off. she loved it, and loved that she had ponies to play with. i used the smallest oval pan, the grass and fur tip for grass. i just made the colors bright, since that's how the my little ponies are. didn't take much time at all. good luck with your new little one

SHenyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHenyd Posted 20 Mar 2006 , 5:15pm
post #8 of 14

this one is neat. You can use toys instead of molding the horses.
LL

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 21 Mar 2006 , 5:10pm
post #9 of 14

what would you think of doing something like this only using a white horse with rainbow colored mane or whatever the favorite colors of the birthday girl are?????? I would be happy to give you instructions
LL

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 21 Mar 2006 , 10:02pm
post #10 of 14

This one was really cute....

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=Little%20Pony&cat=0&pos=22&search=Little%20Pony

Everyone's ideas are really cute. Will you need a big cake? You can do a simple cake....stacked rounds with a pony on top...a square cake...so many possiblities.

Good luck on the cake and the baby!!!

Angie

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 21 Mar 2006 , 10:05pm
post #11 of 14

Hi and good luck w/birthday, baby, and cake! I did a simple MLP cake. It is in my photos. icon_smile.gif

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 23 Mar 2006 , 2:15am
post #12 of 14

Thank you all for your kind words regarding the new baby & cake icon_rolleyes.gif
Thank you as well for all your wonderful ideas for a cake, I new I could count on you. I only need to make a cake for about 30 people & I have lots of ideas now thanks to you all. I will post a photo once the cake is made icon_biggrin.gif Thank you again thumbs_up.gif

mariamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariamom Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 10:32pm
post #13 of 14

Hi!
Here is a picture of a cake that I made for my daughter's 4th b-day last year. I used a Wilton pony pan that I've had forever! I bought it to make a cake for my little sister when she WAS little, now she's 21! Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

mariamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariamom Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 10:43pm
post #14 of 14

Sorry, I'm tring to attach the picture with no luck, I'll try again!
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%