Quick...please Help! Bake Even Strips?

Decorating By Pokadots Updated 27 Mar 2007 , 2:27pm by minchan

Pokadots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pokadots Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 8

I'm ready to put my cake in the oven, and I'm using my sisters bake even strips. I'm not sure how to use them, and I don't have the directions. Does anyone know what I do?

Thank you so much!

7 replies
Elserj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elserj Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 8

soak them in water first!! then wrap around and pin.

Pokadots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pokadots Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you so much!

I'll go do that!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 11:02pm
post #4 of 8

Soak them for like 30 minutes -- they MUST be thoroughly saturated! Then take your fingers and run lightly down the strip -- you want them to be very wet but not dripping. Then wrap around the pan. You may have to increase the baking time. Hope that helps some! icon_biggrin.gif

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 11:07pm
post #5 of 8

Use cold water.

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 11:17pm
post #6 of 8

For a much easier solution just use flower nails it works like a charm. Put them flat in a prepared pan(you can grease the nail also) and pour the batter on top bake and you're ready to go.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 26 Mar 2007 , 11:23pm
post #7 of 8

I put my strips in a bowl of water with a coffee cup on top to hold them down. I do that first so when the cake goes in the oven it's good and soaked.

minchan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minchan Posted 27 Mar 2007 , 2:27pm
post #8 of 8

This is what I've done which has worked just as well. I wet thin tea towels (1 piece for small cake and two pieces for larger cakes), wring out the towels, fold into long strips and then secure with safety pins around the cake pan. Baking temperature remains the same. The sides tend to brown a little less and the cake rises evenly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%