Urgent - Cordial Cups Candy Mold

Decorating By Marcia79 Updated 11 Mar 2006 , 5:54pm by didi5

Marcia79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marcia79 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 2:57am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone,
Sorry to post all these urgent questions, but I need help!!

I need 250 chocolate cups and I bought the Cordial cups candy mold from Wilton. I greased with some crisco buy they still don't want to come out !!!
How do I get them to come out????
Anyone ever used them???
Any other fast/easy way to make chocolate cups (have tried the baking cups too, but can't get the paper off without breaking the chocolate cup!!

Please, help!!!!

Thanks guys!
Lv you all!

6 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:40am
post #2 of 7

What kind of chocolate are you using? If it is regular chocolate, it must be tempered so it will set properly (it shrinks) and come out of the molds easily.

Marcia79 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:56am
post #3 of 7

Hi JoAnnB,
It's regular milk-chocolate melted in a bouble boiler with a little bit of crisco.
How do I temper it?
Thanks

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 7:53am
post #4 of 7

tempering requires heating the chocolate slowly to a specific temp then cooling it to another temp. There are plenty of instructins, but it is not easy.

Try adding some parafin (paramount crystals) to the chocolate, melt it very slowly and don't over heat it. Cool the chocolate for a few minutes in the fridge.

Do they have to be the size of the molds? If they can be shallow, you could use cupcake papers or other papers then peel the paper away to leave the chocolate shell.

Good luck. chocolate is a tricky business. That's why I invested the money for a tempering machine.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:48pm
post #5 of 7

I would go buy chocolate candy melts....you will have an easier time.As Joann said it is very difficult to temper real chocolate.Even seasoned pastry chefs have a hard time.The candy melts will just pop out!

Marcia79 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 7

Is it the Light cocoa candy melts?? Do they taste like chocolate (good chocolate)??

I've got some to come out, but I think my house is too hot (almost record high yesterday) and they were softening quickly...

Thanks guys!!!

didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 5:54pm
post #7 of 7

you can put them in the fridge to harden. When chocolate hardens they tend to shrink away from the sides. Now if you are using real chocolate, It's true that you have to temper it so it will harden real nice with a nice shine. If not, just always keep the chocolate in the fridge coz it will not hold its shape at room temp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%