Now My Evening Is Shot!

Lounge By Mac Updated 4 Mar 2006 , 10:21pm by Cake_Princess

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 5:51am
post #1 of 10

Okay--sorry guys, have to unload about my freakin' day.

To start, I broke my little toe this morning. DH rearranged bedroom a few weeks ago and put chest of drawers by my side of the bed. Alarm goes off while I am in the kitchen and I come running to turn it off. Kicked the dang chest. Said a few colorful words, then back to kitchen. When DH got up, he asked why I was limping, so I told him. His response..."Don't blame me for your clumsiness!" I do believe if I had some broken glass at that time--it might have found it' way into his sandwich. Just kidding, but it was nice to entertain a thought like that for 2 seconds.

Now, here's the reall bummer. My best friend and her husband have been separated for about 2 months and I have been kind of the go between. He tells her tonite that it's over. I don't even want to finish the cake that is due tomorrow. I want to go an console her. So I call him and let him have it! I am so out-spoken when it comes to her. G-r-r-r-r!where is that broken glass!!! If I believed in voodoo--I would be making a doll right now!

Oh well, thanks for letting me vent. Now back to my tea pot cake and cheshire cat cupcakes.

9 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 6:02am
post #2 of 10

Sorry to hear you've had such a rough day. I've had one of the worst ones too! I hope your toe heals quickly! Ohhh, that hurts!!!

Your cake sounds like it's gonna be beautiful!! Can't wait to see it! I'm sure your friend will understand that you have to finish it before you can do her any good. That's a sad story though. I sure wish the couple could work things out. There's too much divorce in this world as it is. thumbsdown.gif

I had such a bad day today too! icon_sad.gif I came home at 5 pm after driving for the worst school bus route ever & doing a field trip. Took a shower & went straight to bed! Woke up at 8:45 pm! Fixing to go to bed again in a minute! thumbs_up.gif I hope your day will be better tomorrow Mac!!! Good luck on that cake!!

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 6:07am
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

Fixing to go to bed again in a minute!

Thank you for saying this word!!! It's like being back home. I am from Georgia and now live in the Pacific Northwest. Everyone makes fun of me when I say certain things. Especially if I am "fixin'" to do something!!! icon_smile.gif

Lazy_Susan

Mac Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 6:13am
post #4 of 10

Fixing is such a good word! I told a friend of mine that used to have an ice cream shop that I had a hankerin' for some ice cream. He got the strangest look on his face and asked what a "hankerin' " was. BTW--he wasn't from Texas.

TC--
God bless you for driving a school bus! You are somethin" special Sleep tight!

tcturtleshell Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 6:15am
post #5 of 10

Lazy_Susan icon_biggrin.gifcowboy.gificon_biggrin.gif I know..... I'm country to the bone!! thumbs_up.gif I write just like I talk!! I didn't even realize that's what I wrote til you mentioned it icon_lol.gif Girl, move back home! I bet you miss Georgia BIG TIME! My DH is from Albany, NY... all our nieces & nephews call me Aunt Daisy Mae!! icon_biggrin.gif I get picked on a lot. Our kids do too. My DH's family love it here!! They can't get over all the hello's & hugs everyone gives. It's contagious!! cowboy.gifparty.gifjudge.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 6:18am
post #6 of 10

Mac, I just realized we are neighbors! How come (another country word) I never noticed that before? COOL! When ya gonna do a DOS???? We have a lot of folks from the ARK-LA-TX on CC now!! Way more then last year at this time. I did a DOS in June last year. I bet this year we would have a bunch of people interested.

Ok... going to bed! Ya'll have a wonderful weekend! TTYL~

Mac Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 12:31pm
post #7 of 10

TC--
Seems like every time I get a free moment and start to look up stuff on DOS, something else gets in the way. Sure would be nice to put a face with a name.

I have just recently put my foot down about working (physical therapy) on the weekend so I will get on it soon. Send me some ideas about where to have it and all. The subdivision I live in, has a clubhouse or do you think a restaurant partyroom would be better?

I do need to post about a cake club--we have quite a few cakerators here in Longview. Would love to do some cake exhibits sometime in the future. Hmmm--I wonder if it could be done at the fair (like in the old days)?

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 3:00pm
post #8 of 10

Fixing to is such a special term to me. My grandfather would ask me every time I called "What ya' fixing to do, Bonnie?" He would tease me endlessy about that. I'm originally from Philly, Pennsylvania and moved to Texas with my parents when I was 11 so I pretty much grew up down south. My grandfather passed away a little over a year ago. I miss his teasing so much. Thanks for bringing back some very sweet memories.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 8:38pm
post #9 of 10

We say fixing in VA also icon_lol.gif

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 10:21pm
post #10 of 10

LOL at "Fixing to...."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%