Alamosweets...update, Please Read

Lounge By stephanie214 Updated 12 Mar 2006 , 2:22pm by Mac

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 3:26am
post #1 of 17

Hi Everyone,

I received a pm from Linda about her nephew Cary.

She received a call from her sister that Cary had coded and was put on a respirator. Cary has had another stroke and now is in a coma. His heart is so bad they are saying it will be what takes him.

Linda is back in Witchita Falls with her sister and family and is taking turns staying with him at the hospital.

Please remember to add Cary and his family in your prayers.

I will keep you updated.

16 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 17

stephanie I am so sorry to hear this latest update. I pray for peace for the family and strength to make it through this terrible time. Thanks for the update and tell Linda we are thinking of her.

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 17

Stephanie, Please pass along our love and prayers
to Linda and her family.

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 17

Thoughts and prayers are with Linda and her whole family.

stephanie214 Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 12:32am
post #5 of 17

I heard from Linda and Cary is still in a coma and they will be doing a CT on him.

Will let you know something as soon as I do.

Please continue to add them to your prayers.

stephanie214 Posted 4 Mar 2006 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 17

Update from Linda,

The family was told that Cary is almost completely brain dead and if he survives (which they don't think he will) he will be blind, won't be able to write, talk or communicated at all.

Linda wishes to extend her thank you to everyone for their prayers and kind words.

Please continue to send out your prayers...from your mouth to God's ear.

stephanie214 Posted 5 Mar 2006 , 11:04am
post #7 of 17

Update from Linda,

Cary was taken off all life support and is just connected to a ventilator; they are giving him two to four days.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 5 Mar 2006 , 4:50pm
post #8 of 17

Stephanie, thanks again for the update. Please let Linda know that I am thinking of her and I pray for a peaceful outcome. I can't imagine the rollercoaster ride they have been on this last week. I feel very blessed to have been included in this thread. It reminds me of how precious life is and to stop going through it just getting by day to day. We all need to hug our children just alittle tighter.

stephanie214 Posted 5 Mar 2006 , 6:07pm
post #9 of 17

NEWTODECORATING,

That is so true. I have found myself taking life for granted until something like this happens.

I can feel for Cary's parents because I was in a similar situation with my youngest son. What they are going through now is trully hard because they know without a doubt that their son will be taken away from them.

I almost lost my son at the age of two from bilateral pneumonia. His temperature was a 105 and the doctors were fighting hard to get his temperature down and basically told me that he was not going to make it. Finally after they had tried everything else, they decided to pack him in ice. They told me that this was dangerous for his age but they had tried everything else and at this stage it couldn't hurt. Thank God that they did this because it brought his fever down to 102 and for the next 2 days they continued to work to get it under control.

It was hard for me to just sit there watching him and wondering if each breath was going to be his last. I was not able to hold him, rock him or anything that we do on a daily basis with our children.

I send out my heartfelt sympathies to the family and will continue with my prayers for them.

stephanie214 Posted 6 Mar 2006 , 3:47am
post #10 of 17

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just heard from Linda; Cary died at 7:09 p.m. tonight.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 6 Mar 2006 , 4:45am
post #11 of 17

My heartfelt prayers are with the family at this most devastating of times.

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 6 Mar 2006 , 10:36am
post #12 of 17

My thoughts are with them. This is a terrible time and also a sweet release to see a loved one no longer suffering. I hope they are able to find some peace in there hearts.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 5:06am
post #13 of 17

Linda,

My condolences to you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss, but your faith is strong and I know it will see you thru. And what a beautiful poem of tribute to your nephew, he was very fortunate to have such a loving aunt.

Cindy

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 6:28am
post #14 of 17

Linda, I'm very sorry for you and your family's loss....my thoughts and prayers are with you.

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:35pm
post #15 of 17

Linda,

My sincerest condolenses for you and your family. We all have you in our thoughts and prayers.

Kitti

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 3:14am
post #16 of 17

My condolences to your family. I pray that God will give you and your family strength and comfort you in this most devastating time.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 12 Mar 2006 , 2:22pm
post #17 of 17

My prayers are with you and your family. May you find strength and peace through God's love!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%