Where To Buy Cookie/biscuit Sticks In Australia?

Baking By cakebaker_cakemaker Updated 23 Mar 2007 , 2:03am by cakebaker_cakemaker

cakebaker_cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker_cakemaker Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 5:15am
post #1 of 7

I am wanting to try a cookie/biscuit bouquet but I'm having trouble finding the sticks.

Anyone able to help me with a supplier in Australia or on-line please?

6 replies
beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker_cakemaker Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 6:11am
post #3 of 7

Thanks for both links...
The sticks look just right but I wonder if I can bake them in the biscuit or would they burn? I've emailed the seller so I'll wait to hear her response.

Karen

heidihill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidihill Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 7:23am
post #4 of 7

Hi

I'm in Adelaide and I found thick wooden skewers are good for cookie sticks. Not the regular ones in the supermarket, they are a bit too thin, I think.

If you look in Asian grocery stores (and perhaps other places) you can find wooden skewers of different lengths and thicknesses. I used the thickest ones I could find in the store I looked in. They work great. They don't burn or darken at all. They even have a pointed end for poking in foam or whatever you put at the bottom of the bouquet. Just cut to required length.

HTH
Heidi

csera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
csera Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 8:02am
post #5 of 7

Try cakedeco.com.au.
They are in melbourne but they ship all over Aus.
The sell the wilton candy sticks in two different lengths. I have used them and they are great, you can cook them in the oven with the cookie. I've tried and its worked out fine.
Hope this helps.

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 8:35am
post #6 of 7

I have used the wooden skewers found in supermarkets and they have been fine. I usually insert the skewers into the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven.

cakebaker_cakemaker Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 2:03am
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone...I should be able to find them nowicon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%