Constructive Criticism In The Gallery

Decorating By izzybee Updated 8 Mar 2006 , 6:45am by dky

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 10

I have started putting the statement "I am always open to constructive criticism" in my description so that people know I would like some other types of feedback. Now that we have a group of supporters, now is our chance to grow and learn. Only put this statement if your comfortable hearing feedback please. So far so good on mine. People have been extremely helpful!

9 replies
Sherry0565 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry0565 Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 10

Great Idea IzzBee! I'll start putting that statement myself. I am always willing to see my cakes through someone elses eyes. Mine tend to be a little "busy" I think, but You never know how someone else sees them!

You learn oodles by constructive criticism!

Thanks for the tip!

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 10

Excellent idea, izzybee. My future uploads will have the statement. I really want to learn and grow as a cake decorator, and the best way to do this is through constructive criticism.

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 10

good idea- most my learning is by practicing by myself, so it would be great if someone could tell me "try it this way next time and it might turn out better/easier"

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 8:30am
post #5 of 10

Jackie and Heath are looking into a way of adding a box that you can tick if you want constructive criticism when you post a cake picture. It may take awhile because they have so many things to take care of here on this site and every change that is made is a lot of work and affects other things. But in the meantime, doing as our pal izzybee suggested is the way to go if you want constructive criticism. Remember that giving constructive criticism means suggesting a method or tip that will help improve an area that is a problem for a decorator.
Hugs Squirrelly

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 10

Hi everyone I havent posted for awhile and I look forward to getting feed back on my cakes!!!
I think constructive criticism will help me grow as decorator thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 1:41pm
post #7 of 10

Great idea izzybee! As I'm pretty new to this, the postive comments/compliments are a great confidence booster. But, constructive criticism is also positive and will help me get better as a decorator. Like many others here, I am learning as I go. (with the help of CC of course thumbs_up.gif ) I will be sure to add this to future posts.

**Side note**
SuirrellyCakes - I love your new avatar!!!!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 6:33pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3884

Great idea izzybee! As I'm pretty new to this, the postive comments/compliments are a great confidence booster. But, constructive criticism is also positive and will help me get better as a decorator. Like many others here, I am learning as I go. (with the help of CC of course thumbs_up.gif ) I will be sure to add this to future posts.

**Side note**
SuirrellyCakes - I love your new avatar!!!!

Thanks kiddo, Lisa made him for me, I love him too.
I like your avatar, it is so funny, haha! Very cute!
Hugs Squirrelly

SHenyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHenyd Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 6:13am
post #9 of 10

Great idea. I went back and added the comment to all of my cakes. I would love to get better at cake decorating and your comments help me immensely! It doesn't matter if you own your own shop and you are an expert or even if you are a newbie and have just done your first cake - everyone has given great constructive criticism to me.

dky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dky Posted 8 Mar 2006 , 6:45am
post #10 of 10

It will be a great idea if it is implemented and it will put a stop to the neverending questions there are about comments.

I for one believe that if you post your cake on a very public site and there is room for comments then anything goes (apart from rude comments).

People who only want the "its wonderful" fluff type comments are not really interested in getting better at their art.

I like what you are putting on your cakes as a statement. Good on you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%