Cakecentral.com Contest Ideas

Decorating By Jackie Updated 9 Aug 2005 , 4:08pm by dulce

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:37am
post #31 of 43

I think it's a fair rule especially with the way the judging is set up (if it's the same as the last one). Each vote counts as points so when you vote on a cake it's more like you're giving the person points rather than a rating. A 1 gives that cake 1 point, 2 = 2 points and so on. Whoever has the most points wins. A cake with fifty 1* ratings could win over a cake that had nine 5* ratings. Not likely to happen but that's how it works. If you were to submit two cakes, that would put you at an advantage over someone who was only able to submit one. You would have twice the chance of winning. Also, because people don't usually vote on every cake, it might result in points lost to other entries.

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 8:36am
post #32 of 43

it really sounds good to me it will puch me to do more then just read about cake decorating which I notice I do all the time but do not put in much pratice time!

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 11:01am
post #33 of 43

Thanks for your response, Lisa, on the multiple entry thing. I didn't realize that was how votes were counted. I thought the points went to the cake, not the person. Understanding that points go to the person instead makes more sense to have just one entry per person. Thanks for that info.

~AngelWendy

Lisa Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 12:51pm
post #34 of 43

Sorry AngelWendy...I probably wasn't clear. The votes would still go to each individual cake.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 7:35am
post #35 of 43

I kind of wish they didnt have our names with the cake... this way everything is solely based on the cake not who did it.... if two cakes are what you are having a problem deciding on, I dont think the person who did it should play a part... this way its not favorite person vs cake. I dont know how else to explain it....

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 6 May 2005 , 6:07am
post #36 of 43

HOW DO YOU VOTE ON A CAKE??? Will the votes be opened on a certain day or can we vote as of now????? Just wondering~~~~~~~~~

Lisa Posted 6 May 2005 , 1:35pm
post #37 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

HOW DO YOU VOTE ON A CAKE??? Will the votes be opened on a certain day or can we vote as of now????? Just wondering~~~~~~~~~

Voting starts on May 16th and ends on the 31st.

http://cakecentral.com/content-3-Mothers-Day-Cake-Contest.html

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 6 May 2005 , 3:29pm
post #38 of 43

Thats a long time too.... especially since mothers day is this weekend, and the contest starts after that! I cant wait!

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 6:47am
post #39 of 43

How about a Cupcake Cake Contest?

wandy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandy27 Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 7:04pm
post #40 of 43

I think it's a good idea, specially now with CCC craze!

Wandy

Lisa Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 7:50pm
post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by gma1956

How about a Cupcake Cake Contest?

Ooo...I think that's a great idea! A cupcake decorating contest would be fun too.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 2:05pm
post #42 of 43

Here's a couple of contest theme ideas:
Baby's 1st Birthday cake
Summer Fun
8" Round Challenge (must decorate only an 8" round cake (stacking allowed))
Petit Fours (sp?)
Mini tiered cakes (6" base or smaller)

or what about a theme where you have to use a Wilton 'character' shaped pan, but it can't be decorated like the picture in the pan. For example, the animal cracker pan decorated as a landscape picture or a rocking horse done upside down and done like a flying bird with a banner on top. This could really be a great source of inspiration for those of us who were swept up in a moment and bought a pan that we've used once. icon_smile.gif

dulce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dulce Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 4:08pm
post #43 of 43

For the contest ideas:

1. International Cakes (example representing the differents cultures, Chinese, Spain, France, Indian ect. all differents cultures from the world in the individuals cakes, one cake representing Chinese, other cake France, etc.)

2. Fairy Cakes

3. Sports Cakes

4. Inspiration Cakes (example post the poem, picture or song letter in the contest area, and every one recreate this theme in the cake, recreate what comes to its mind when seeing it or to read it)

5. All Chocolate Cakes

6. Shoe Cake

7. Hang Bag Cake

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%