Parchment Paper

Decorating By 2cakes Updated 14 Feb 2006 , 6:50am by SquirrellyCakes

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 15

Hi everyone! Does anyone know where I find parchment paper triangles already cut for use or a web site that I can perhaps go to and get the paper. I tried to cut a triangle from parchment that comes in its carton and it is somewhat difficult to either outline it or even cut it cause it tends to slip away from me. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day everyone. icon_smile.gif

14 replies
KrazyKross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyKross Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 15

Parchment paper triangles are available anywhere you can buy cake decorating supplies. Michael's, HobbyLobby, JoAnn Fabrics are just a few of the places you can find them. If you want to purchse them on line, you can get them from Wiltons or Country Kitchens. There are many more places available on-line. Those are the two that I use most often. I'm not sure if CC's store is stocking parchment triangles yet.

luvfondant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvfondant Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 15

I only use the plastic disposable ones ..To me it is better and easier to deal with.. use disposable plastic ones if you cannot find these triangles.icon_biggrin.gif

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 15

I get them from Micheal's. There are 100 or so in a box for about $8.00. (Plus they have 40% off coupons in the paper) The other thing to consider is that parchment paper on a roll can have a silicon coating on it that the pre-cut triangles don't have. That's why the pre-cut triangles are easier to roll. They don't slip. Ever since we learned how to use parchment bags in class I have to say...I really like them.

Good luck.
Angie

kaecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaecakes Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 15

Most Wal-Marts have them in the craft dept. Wilton has them so if you can't find them anywhere else you can order from them.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 3:18pm
post #6 of 15

I agree with luvfondant. You can use the disposable bags, and you can see your colors right through them. You can also save them with the frosting still in them (provided you have enough couplers). They are sold in Wal Mart, Michael's and AC Moore. (wherever Wilton products are sold.)

kaecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaecakes Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 15

I know alot of you like the disposable bags, not me I prefer the parchment. I have always had trouble with the disposables giving out one the side. Also they get slippery if you get icing on the outside of them. Just not my favorite.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 6:46pm
post #8 of 15

kaecakes: I have never had a disposable bag give out on me. Ad sometimes I squeeze the heck out of them if my frosting is too stiff or my tip got clogged. I also reuse them and still they hold up. I have had the Wilton featherweight bags give out though. In your "giving out" experience, were they Wilton's disposable bags? I'm surprised.

Well, I guess we're OT for 2cakes just trying to get a simple answer about where to buy parchment!

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 8:07pm
post #9 of 15

I buy my parchment in a huge roll and rip off a piece to make a tube. It doesn't have to be a triangle. It's stronger and less slippery.

2cakes Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 6:17am
post #10 of 15

Hi everyone, thanks for your responds and sorry it took me so long to get back to you and to thank each of you. I checked at the Michael's where I live and don't have them, so I'm just going to order them from Wilton's Catalog. The Wilton instructor wants the class to try all three piping bags to get the feel of using them and I would like to use the parchment triangle bag for smaller jobs and be done with it and toss out, where on the other hand use the featherweight and disposable bags for the larger and more involved jobs. Thanks again everyone you have been very helpful. Have a wonderful week. icon_smile.gif

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 6:26am
post #11 of 15

I know this might be a little late, but maybe it'll be helpful for the future.
To cut my parchment paper into triangles I use one of those mail opener things. Works like a charm!
Looks kind of like this: (ignore the logo icon_razz.gif )

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 6:32am
post #12 of 15

The parchment are better for chocolate work and royal, I find, personal preference. Personally don't like the disposables, they are very hard on your hands if you have hand issues, the Featherweights are easier are on your hands. I have had just about every brand of disposable and have had each and every brand have at least a few that exploded. I used to use them exclusively until I found out how much better for hand problems the Featherweights are. Also used to use the canvas pastry bags that were lined with plastic, don't think you can buy the lined ones anymore and the unlined are no good for buttercream. The worse bags for coming apart at the seams are the Ateco so though they are cheaper than the Wilton Featherweights, they just don't hold up.
I have never had a Featherweight come apart at the seam and I have been using them for close to 30 years but then, I don't ever wash them in the dishwasher so that might be an issue.
Just my experience with the various types.
Hugs Squirrelly

2cakes Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 6:33am
post #13 of 15

Hi dandelion, thanks for your helpful tip. I'll keep this in mind for future referrence. icon_smile.gif

2cakes Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 6:43am
post #14 of 15

Hi SquirrellyCakes, thanks for the tip and reply. I had my experience with the cheaper brand of bags exploded on me, not a fun thing, a mess it leaves when this happens. The disposable ones are not my favorite, but I need to experiment when different types of bags to see which is best for my fingers and hands. Thanks again very helpful. icon_smile.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 6:50am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion

I know this might be a little late, but maybe it'll be helpful for the future.
To cut my parchment paper into triangles I use one of those mail opener things. Works like a charm!
Looks kind of like this: (ignore the logo icon_razz.gif )

Well you know that is a darn good idea, I have one of those and never use it for mail but you are right, this would work really well on the triangles, good idea!
Hugs Squirrelly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%