I Am Just Not Sure...

Decorating By 2sdae Updated 9 Mar 2007 , 9:01pm by rlsaxe

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 12:09pm
post #1 of 13

I got asked at last minute to do a birthdaycake for a friend of a friend. They're only requests were fav colors pink and yellow, white roses and no fondant. I basically had 24 to 36 hours to make, bake and decorate. So here is what I came up with. I charged them 35.00. I am thinking maybe my pricing was off. It's a 9in double layer lemon chiffon filled with raspberry puree and buttercream dream icing and iced in buttercream dream. Then I made R.I. roses and gumpaste leaves and swirls. Now the flowers and leaves I had made previously, luckily too as I wouldn't have had time for anything else to dry that quick. I can't get it to load on here so it's in my photos.
  http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_275723.html

12 replies
fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 13

You did a great job! Maybe next time charge extra for rush jobs. Anyways, I still think you did an excellent job for short notice. Sometimes the best cake design we come up with is a rush cake icon_biggrin.gif

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 13

Here's your picture 2sdae. thumbs_up.gif It looks stunning! What are you worried about? I say, well done and it looks yummy! icon_wink.gif
LL

Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 12:23pm
post #4 of 13

I think the cake is great. Not to worry. I do agree. Last minute orders should have an increased fee.
Good turn out though. Sometimes people work better under pressure.
Claire

AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 12:31pm
post #5 of 13

Very cute cake, yeah i think rush orders should be given a higher price but then again you would think that the customer would realise that.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 12:52pm
post #6 of 13

Really pretty! Is that a ribbon around top and bottom? I like it kind of retro chic

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 12:57pm
post #7 of 13

Yeah I used a ribbon beacuse they wanted no fondant so I thought with the oval shape it kept it classy. This lady is turning 29 and she is very "classy" so to speak and a very modern type. So I went with what I had on hand. icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_redface.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Thanks aine2 I couldn't reduce it for some silly reason! icon_rolleyes.gif

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 8:38pm
post #8 of 13

I think its fabulous! It would have taken me weeks to plan that cake! Hahaha!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 8:46pm
post #9 of 13

That is a beautiful cake. I'm sure she will or did love it.

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 8:51pm
post #10 of 13

Very pretty cake. I had a last minute cake last week and I charged an extra $10. The customer didn't bat an eye.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 8:52pm
post #11 of 13

Very nice idea there, I find for me the most time consuming is the planning on how I'm going to do the layout. icon_redface.gif

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 8:59pm
post #12 of 13

Wow...great job! I love it! I'm 28 and would LOVE to have a cake like that for my birthday! You did an awesome job!

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 9:01pm
post #13 of 13

The cake looks beautiful! I'd pay 35 for it and not blink an eye.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%