Beer Falvored Cake And Filling??

Decorating By Erlyns_Treats Updated 9 Jul 2007 , 7:05pm by sandie

Erlyns_Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erlyns_Treats Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 62

Has any one ever heard of this??? ive heard of champagne but beer.... does any one know of any recieps?? i try to search the recipes finder and nothing icon_sad.gif

61 replies
khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 62

Have never heard of a recipe. I hate beer so can't even imagine this as a cake flavor. I'm sure there are guys out there that would love it.... my husband would be at the front of the line!

Erlyns_Treats Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 62

LOl yah me tooo! And it is for a friend who loves beer (yuck) and guniess (double yuck) he wants to know if i can make both filling and cake out of beer ! hmm

val_nutrimetics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
val_nutrimetics Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 62

Would it work to use a white cake, but replace the water with beer? I don't know for the icing. Maybe instead of using an extract (vanilla or other) you could put the beer?

salsera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
salsera Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 62

I found a choc. cake that uses Guinness. Check out "Chocolate Stout Cake" at www.epicurious.com

reese04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reese04 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 62

IMO some flavors just shouldn't be in cake icon_eek.gif , but if you must i think that maybe a whip cream filling with beer stirred in would work!!

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:09pm
post #7 of 62

Oh my!!!! I read this as "beef" flavored cake and thought, YUK!!, so maybe beer flavored doesn't sound that bad.......

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:10pm
post #8 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by val_nutrimetics

Would it work to use a white cake, but replace the water with beer? I don't know for the icing. Maybe instead of using an extract (vanilla or other) you could put the beer?

thats what i would do. i bet you might be surprised at the decent flavor. i cant stand beer, but i love to cook and marinate with wine, and i have heard grilling with beer is great. i think the carbonation would do something interesting for the cake batter....hmmm...

in the buttercream, i would use just butter rather than shortening so that just in case, you've got the good ole butter flavor backin' ya up.

test a small recipe, should be very interesting...please let us know how it turns out. by the way, at first i read "BEEF" not beer, and was thinking this would be for a pet. i was going to suggest beef flavored dog food from a can!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

melysa Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:11pm
post #9 of 62

in the bc, instead of milk or water, use the beer also.

jjbrink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjbrink Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:11pm
post #10 of 62

http://www.sunshinerecipes.com/beercake.shtml
or
http://www.elook.org/recipes/vegetable/47306.html

i found these. not sure how it would taste though. like if it would still have the beer flavor that i think your friend is wanting, being that the alchol will cook out. if you go to ask jeeves.com and type in can i make a cake out of beer it will pull up some links for you.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:12pm
post #11 of 62

~SHUDDER~

LoriGross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriGross Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:14pm
post #12 of 62

Okred-

You just made me crack-up!! Beef flavor would definitely be worse!!! icon_razz.gif

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:17pm
post #13 of 62

okred - LOL
I too read it as ''BEEF''!! I kept wondering what all that 'beer' talk was about until I read your response!
I say YUCK to either of those 'flavors'!!! But if one must have beer, I would replace any liquids with the beer. It's so strong that it should work.
If not, then give him a keg!!!!
Please let us know how it works out!!

bubrsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubrsu Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:20pm
post #14 of 62

I think you would have to let the beer go flat then add it to the mix so it will not foam

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:25pm
post #15 of 62

That has got to be the grossest cake I've ever heard of! That being said, let us know how it turns out. I'm sure my hubby would love it!! icon_eek.gif

Erlyns_Treats Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:27pm
post #16 of 62

Thank you for all the tips and responses.. lets see even if i do make it i dont think i have the courage to taste it! lol but it should be pretty interesting! Thanks again!

(if not i ill try the keg thing maybe they will be to drunk to notice the difference...lol)

tiffanypatton79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffanypatton79 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:28pm
post #17 of 62

not sure if this has anything to do with it but i'll put in my 2c's I make a beer bread well ok i open a box and a bottle (not flat) hehe but it does have a yeast mix does that effect the beer? i love it it's yummmmmy

rstml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rstml Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:30pm
post #18 of 62

I am in Oregon and one of the breweries here does a chocolate beer. I bet if you could find something like that and replace the liquid in the recipe with it, then pair it with a very chocolatey filling, it might actually taste good. Maybe even reducing the beer to a concentrate and then adding it to a chocolate ganache. I would love to try it!

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:40pm
post #19 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by grama_j

~SHUDDER~

OMG sooooo true!!!!!

JasmineRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JasmineRose Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 7:44pm
post #20 of 62

*gag* I can't even imagine how bad that would taste. Then again I hate beer to begin with. But some ingredients should not be in cake.

melysa Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 8:14pm
post #21 of 62

oh yeah, there is a steak house here that makes beer bread and it is awesome! ( I HATE BEER) so i am voting for something buttery, like a butter cake w/ beer buttercream.

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 8:28pm
post #22 of 62

The poor dillusional man. Lets just hope all that beer has affected his taste buds!!
I think the chocolate stout cake would work best. I cannot being to imagine what beer flavoured butter cream would taste like.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 9:02pm
post #23 of 62

" I think you would have to let the beer go flat then add it to the mix so it will not foam"
It wouldn't matter.... I don't wait for the Champagne to go flat before I put it in a cake or icing....

Britton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britton Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 9:16pm
post #24 of 62

Yuck! I think beer is disgusting. If I had to eat beer cake, it would put me off cake for life! icon_eek.gif

melysa Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 9:54pm
post #25 of 62

we might LOSE a few pounds...hows that for a diet? THE BEER CAKE DIET - LOL

jjbrink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjbrink Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 10:20pm
post #26 of 62

erlyns!! i just had an idea! (sorry, i was excited when i thought about it) icon_lol.gif

when you make the cake, you should make it in the shape of a beer can!! or either bake smaller cakes like the talk about using soup cans, and make it into a 6 pack!!!

thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Dawn2467 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawn2467 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 11:02pm
post #27 of 62

It really may not taste too bad...My Dad used to make beer bread, and it was really GOOD! It didn't taste like beer at all.

JasmineRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JasmineRose Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 11:11pm
post #28 of 62

Beer bread though is not intended to be sweet. Most if not all cakes are sweet. Why not just make regular beer bread instead?

cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 12:28am
post #29 of 62

it might not be all that bad...Ben & Jerry's makes an ice cream called "black and tan" which is stout flavored ice cream and chocolate flavored ice cream swirled together. It's really good and doesn't even really taste like beer. The stout ice cream tastes mostly like vanilla...hmm, B&J's ice cream cookbook has a beer ice cream recipe, come to think about it...

anyway, what I'm trying to say is that if you do a white/yellow/ or butter cake with beer as the liquid, it might not be as nasty as everyone thinks it might be...

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 12:37am
post #30 of 62

Um that sounds gross but oddly enough it would probably be my brothers favorite cake ever!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%