Superbowl Cookies

Baking By erinlynn22 Updated 9 Feb 2006 , 10:45am by chocolate1

erinlynn22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinlynn22 Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 9

I want to make and decorate some "No Fail Sugar Cookies", i did this for Thanksgiving, and want to try again. I thought the Superbowl would be a good chance to try again, since they are very time consuming. I'm thinking of making them and mailing to my friend who is a HUGE steelers fan. I think her family will enjoy them. I don't feel like going out and buying new cookie cutters, I believe i have one that is Football shaped, but how could i Make a Helmet shaped cookie? Or other football theamed cookies. Thanks!

8 replies
kellyh57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyh57 Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 9

The Wilton 101 cookie cutter set has a football helmet. It also has all the letters and numbers among other popular shapes. If you do a lot of cookies, it's very practical- use a 40% off coupon and it's really cheap! (Hobby Lobby has one this week/Michaels next week) It also has a trophy you could do. You could do jerseys too. Also, what about a ring- the Super Bowl ring? I've never seen one in person, so I have no idea what it looks like icon_smile.gif

Kelly

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 9

Yeah, kellyh57, I hear you. My hometown team is the Detroit Lions--believe me, I have never seen a Superbowl ring in person either.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 9

At least we get to host the Super Bowl this year! Go Steelers!!!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 9

A quarter for the coin toss? icon_razz.gif Whoever gets it right gets to eat it.

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 7:51am
post #6 of 9

Hi There!

I just made some 2 weeks ago for a football game. Really simple. Just made chocolate rolled cookies and iced the stripe and thread on with Royal Icing for Decorated Cookies. It's in my photos.

I also came across another cookie (I think, could have possibly been a cake). It was just a regular circle cookie, with fondant base and those different colored 3 stars? on it (sorry, don't know what it means. I'm thinking the fondant would work, and then you could write the word "Steelers" in place? I made some fondant covered cookies several months back, using watered-down corn syrup as the glue.

In the meantime, if I find that cookie picture, I'll post it icon_smile.gif

HTH!

Mirjana

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 8:23am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftots

Yeah, kellyh57, I hear you. My hometown team is the Detroit Lions--believe me, I have never seen a Superbowl ring in person either.

They are nice and big up close and personal!!!!! LOL

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 8:25am
post #8 of 9

Here's a website with some for the Superbowl. It's not the one I found earlier. Sorry icon_sad.gif But they're really great!

http://www.elenis.com/scripts/WebObjects.dll/Elenis.woa/wa/NavigationAction/displayProduct?name=sports%20department

Mirjana

chocolate1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolate1 Posted 9 Feb 2006 , 10:45am
post #9 of 9

Mirjana, thanks so much for the website..very cute photos of cookies..the love letters are very creative, happy icing, C.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%