Alice's Cake Pricing Matrix

Business By alicegop Updated 22 Jun 2016 , 4:13pm by mabv812

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 1:14am
post #91 of 175

Oh, there it is...someone must've deleted a post or something.

nlott425 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nlott425 Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:12pm
post #92 of 175

I don't have excel on my computer. Is there another way I can use this. I have microsoft works that has a spreadsheet area.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:53pm
post #93 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicegop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerladybec

I have tried to download this and my puter won't do anything with it. I have windows xp, (which is junk lol ) and I'd really like to see your price matrix, as I am a new bakery owner and have to quote prices all the time. and figure out the amount of mix to cake and frosting. please help me.....

You definately need Excel. You can go to www.openoffice.com and get a generic version for free...

She's included a link that would help those that don't have excel

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 8:05am
post #94 of 175

I just downloaded the s version and all I have to say is wow!!! I am really excited and happy that you have shared this wonderful assest to all the cake decorators. It will really make my process of having a business easier. Thanks once again!!

noyhoward Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noyhoward Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 9:47am
post #95 of 175

Wow,thank you! Can't wait to try this out.

Biabeke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biabeke Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 5:35pm
post #96 of 175

Alicegop, thanks a million for the Cake pricing matrix. This is a priceless asset. You are very kind. icon_biggrin.gif

anivair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anivair Posted 13 Jan 2009 , 1:52pm
post #97 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlott425

I don't have excel on my computer. Is there another way I can use this. I have microsoft works that has a spreadsheet area.

Late, I know, but yes. Openoffice will work just fine with this file and it's a free office suite. you can download it at www.openoffice.org and install fast. I use it for everything.

babycakes101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babycakes101 Posted 16 Jan 2009 , 5:22pm
post #98 of 175

hey alice, I have a meeting tomarrow with a potintial client and I'm trying to use your price matrix. and I'm a little confused, can you please help me. icon_sad.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 18 Jan 2009 , 8:40pm
post #99 of 175

I'm not sure of the exact link babycakes, but there is a video on youtube that helps

MandaMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandaMama Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:07am
post #100 of 175

has anyone else had problems doing oval cakes with this matrix? any ideas how to fix this?

I'm trying to quote a 10 inch oval, single layer, covered with MMF, and getting a "#DIV/0!" error in every pricing field. I tried tracing the error, but the equations are pretty advanced, and I'm not, especially in excell.

thanks,
Amanda

Irene65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irene65 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:44am
post #101 of 175

Hi Alice, thank you for all your knowlege in this bussiness I love your program, I have a questions, I live in Venezuela how can I change the prices for a local exchange, and other thing how can I see my cost of my cake recipies because I do not use cake mix box, I have my own recipie: flour, butter, eggs, milk, etc.. Hope you understand me my english is a not pretty good. Thanks!!

misscoffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misscoffey Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 9:02pm
post #102 of 175

Well, Alice, it seems we have quite a lot of people here who are wondering (along with myself) how to input information for those of us who do not make cakes from a boxed mix. If there is any information at all on what conversion amounts would work with the amazing matrix that you made, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

DelectabilityCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelectabilityCakes Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 12:29am
post #103 of 175

Btw, the word recipes as each column tab header are misspelled.

WeddingCakeEnchantress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeddingCakeEnchantress Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 12:36pm
post #104 of 175

I was wondering how long it takes to run through your quote process? Do you do it in front of the customer or send them home and email it to them?
Do you do a design sketch as well to show the customer how the cake is going to look? How long does that take?
In what form do you issue the quote ie written by hand in an invoice book or by accounting software emailed/printed from computer?
I am very interested in what you have to say because it is very unusual for a cake decorator to discuss how the prices are put together. Even I am guarded about how I do this and I have only shown my method to two other people.

Just a quick run down without giving too much away (because i'm still guarded) I calculated a base rate for a square and using a spreadsheet program I linked all my prices to that base so I only ever had to make one adjustment to my base and the rest of the calculations were done. So long as I knew how many serves there were from a cake no matter the shape I could use the base rate per head. From there I put loadings or discounts on as a percentage depending upon what I was doing to decorate it. This was done in a spreadsheet like yours except mine is 3/4 of an A4 page in total with normal size font (12).
Using the prices in the spreadsheet, I put the info. into MYOB Inventory and just pulled up the prices by telling the computer what the shape and size of the cake was and the flavour. The way it was decorated had a discount or loading so MYOB can do that you tell it in the column. Then add tax and bank charges. I did it manually for 2 years, then switched to MYOB which saved me so much stress and time.
I agree that you need a really efficient system to know your charges if you don't have a system you are in the dark and not able to consistently put a price together or understand your profitability.
I had a similar system for batter weights and costing was calculated according to the weight of the batter. I knew how much batter I needed to make a week in kilograms and grams (I'm Australian) for all the wedding cakes I had to make. This made ordering the goods from the supplier much easier as they are quite far away and a mistake is a huge inconvenience. The baker could just get into the baking on Monday morning and she had everything she needed.
I took a deposit slightly higher than the cost of the stands because I got so fed up with loss or damage to my personal property. I said there is no hire fee but I want it back in good order. I made a profit on the stands and always had new ones on hand.
Thanks for putting this issue out there.

metweety6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metweety6 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 3:10am
post #105 of 175

I am making a thomas the train 3d cake for this sunday.
I want to give a fair price to the customer.
I usually make for just the family and not to many outsiders.
Please help me with how much i should charge.
i couldn't down load the price matrix.
I am not very good with the pc.
thanks for any help

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:22pm
post #106 of 175

A very rough way to do it is to assume your costs equal $10 per cake mix (for ingredients, icing, electric etc.), Add to that your hourly rate.

sjmoral Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjmoral Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 5:05pm
post #107 of 175

I am not able to dowload this, anyone having trouble?
Thanks.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 8:13pm
post #108 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmoral

I am not able to dowload this, anyone having trouble?
Thanks.

Yes, i get a page not found message. i sure wanted this.

WeddingCakeEnchantress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeddingCakeEnchantress Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 9:22pm
post #109 of 175

I think you should just cover your costs and a little extra for the effort. You accepted a job without putting a price down so it may be tricky.

sabrosita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabrosita Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 9:47pm
post #110 of 175

I am also having a hard time downloading this. If anybody has a moment to e-mail me the file I'd really appreciate it! [email protected]. Thanks!!

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 12:36am
post #111 of 175

It gives me an error message too.

janice2020 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janice2020 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 9:48pm
post #112 of 175

O.K., I just downloaded "Open Office" to my computer. My computer uses Microsoft XP. I tried to download "Alice Matrix S" and I still get the error message HTTP 404: Cannot find webpage, Cannot open page. What am I doing or not doing wrong. I really want this wonderful matrix that everyone is talking about. my e-mail is (mod edited).

tonia0624 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonia0624 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 10:11pm
post #113 of 175

I cannot download it either I get an error
can someone please email it to me too?? (mod edited)
thanx

scmartin04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scmartin04 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:43pm
post #114 of 175

I tried to download but the link is not working. Can someone post it again so I cam download? I am new here and I want to know how to calculate the cost of my cakes. Please help.

Thanks!!! icon_smile.gif

KaddyGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KaddyGal Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 9:03pm
post #115 of 175

For some reason it won't let me d/load the cake matrix. Says the link is bad. Any ideas?

Specialkcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Specialkcakes Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 12:36am
post #116 of 175

wondering if someone could email me the file? (mod edited.) thanks!

Specialkcakes Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 5:00pm
post #117 of 175

i was hoping that i could get the up-to-date version emailed. (mod edited.) thanks

lozpa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lozpa Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:45pm
post #118 of 175

I Can not download the matrix does anyone have ideas as to where i can get a price matrix sent to my email.

(mod edited.)

lozpa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lozpa Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:50pm
post #119 of 175

I see that there are many request for the downloadable Price matrix file.

Had anyone actually ever received a copy of this. if so can you forward this to me?

(mod edited.)

IF NOT!! then maybe it needs to be removed as a "STICKY"...

Specialkcakes Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 6:13pm
post #120 of 175

Just trying a new link

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%