Thought I'd Introduce Myself

Lounge By dawnrunner Updated 20 Jan 2006 , 2:14am by Dale

dawnrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnrunner Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 8:41am
post #1 of 14

Hi Ladies icon_smile.gif I joined about a week ago and have really enjoyed seeing all the beautiful cakes everyone has made/posted. I live out in southern CA. desert near Palm Desert area, nice and hot during the summer months.
I don't care much for cooking but have always loved baking and making cookies. I have taken 3 of the Wilton Cake Decorating classes with my sister and really enjoyed them. We get together once a month to practice making flowers and decorating cakes/cookies. My sister is the one who introduced me to this site.
I have already used several of the diabetic cake/icing recipes to make cakes for my hubby. He hasn't eaten any cakes in years, until now, they were a hit with him. I am originally from the Santa Barbara area but
I've lived in this desert for 43 yrs and been married 40 yrs. and I have 2 daughters, 2 grand daughters (2/13) and a wonderful sil. I am a Hospice volunteer, a Grief facilitator for children at a Grief Center, and a pre-school teacher by trade. Children and baking are my passions (hubby too) in life.
I've enjoyed reading your posts and getting a feel for the people here, it has a friendly atmosphere and I hope to visit often.

13 replies
VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 9:47am
post #2 of 14

Welcome to Cake Central! We're glad to have you here. Fair warning, CC is an addiction! icon_biggrin.gif

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 10:49am
post #3 of 14

Welcome dawnrunner!!!
Your introduction was so nice icon_smile.gif I know you'll love it here at CC. You won't find a better group of people any where. I hope you'll be uploading pics of your creations! I love looking at everyone's work. Have fun and remember what VACakelady said... CC is an addiction!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Lazy_Susan icon_wink.gif

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 11:05am
post #4 of 14

Welcome! You'll find yourself referring to CC all the time for inspiration and answers to "How do I....." questions--it's a great site.

dawnrunner Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 12:05pm
post #5 of 14

Thanks you all for your warm welcome. Yes, I am finding out that this site is addicting as I have found myself visiting here at all hours of the day and night. I have been reading a lot of the articles and posts and picking up some pointers and lots of inspiration. This site is so kewl!

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 14

Hi and Welcome dawnrunner! You are really going to love it here. There is an incredible amount of knowledge,and a real love of sharing the art of cakes.

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 2:07pm
post #7 of 14

Welcome, always good to have new people join. You will receive a world of knowledge and encouragement here.

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 8:53pm
post #8 of 14

Welcome, welcome, welcome. I live in Los Angeles and have use of a friend's condo in Palm Springs, so love your part of the world! We visit 4 to 5 times a year love it, and you will love CC. It isaddictive!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 9:00pm
post #9 of 14

Welcome, loved your introduction too! My goodness you have been married a long time, good for you! Sounds like you have had a wonderful and interesting life and make a difference in other people's lives too.
Hugs Squirrelly

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 9:00pm
post #10 of 14

Welcome, loved your introduction too! My goodness you have been married a long time, good for you! Sounds like you have had a wonderful and interesting life and make a difference in other people's lives too.
Hugs Squirrelly

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 9:22pm
post #11 of 14

WELCOME TO CC. HOPE YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE AS MUCH AS I DO!

dawnrunner Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 12:41am
post #12 of 14

BritBB, I've spent most of the first 25 + yrs absolutely hating the desert life, but I finally realized I'd better change my attitude because this is where my hubby has lived all his 60+ yrs and he is never going to move. I am from the Santa Barbara area with lots of sun/surf and mountains. Go figure. My eldest daughter works at CSUN so we visit your neck of the woods too.
SquirrellyCakes, yes, I've been around for a while which makes me a "moldy oldie" for sure. Been married this long only by the grace of God - I believe in miracles because my marriage is one.
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 1:59am
post #13 of 14

dawnrunner- It is nice to meet you. You will find the kindest people on the internet here. I have never met another group of people so willing to share and give. I am glad you found us.

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 20 Jan 2006 , 2:14am
post #14 of 14

Welcome, you'll love it here.

Dale..the funny one...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%