Greetings

Lounge By NMyers01 Updated 19 Jan 2006 , 11:03pm by Krise

NMyers01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NMyers01 Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 15

I've been lurking for about a week, making only 2 posts. I found it only proper to send my greetings and my introduction.

I'm a 25, almost 26 year old Animal Tech at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. I moved into Baltimore City about a year ago, from Severna Park. I've loved it here for years and I finally get to be a part of it. I love making new friends in the area. I live with my boyfriend, my 5 sugar gliders, and our new kitty Phoebe.

I have always love baking and cooking, but my passion is making candies and cakes. I've done some minor decorating. I am taking a Wilton classat our craft store with a friend of mine. Loving every minute of it. This coming sunday will be the 3rd class. My abilities are getting better and better every day. I can't wait to take more classes with Wilton.

I really enjoy seeing the encouragement you give each other, the advice, and support whether they are new comers or they have been doing it for 30 years!! That is what attracted me to this site. There isn't the snobbery that I have seen else where.

Be well
Namaste
Niki

14 replies
maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 15

A Great Big WECOME to the best place to be!
You're going to love it here.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 15

NMyers You LUCKY girl you!!!! You have my job LOL! I am also a Vet Tech with 13 years behind me. My dream is to work in a Zoo. My second internship was at the Louisville Zoo and at that time I felt I was on the "fast track" to getting the job I wanted. Life has its ups and downs though and the up side is I have a great family I can't live without. The down side is they all live in WV and we don't have a zoo in the entire state!!!! So I work in a 6 doctor small animal practice. I keep hoping someone will build me a zoo in this state though.
O yeah, I was so excited I almost forgot... Welcome to CC you will find a whole community of fine people here to help you.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 15

Welcome to Cakecentral!!! You're gonna love it here! It really is a great place to be! Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing your cake pics!

Small world...I was born & raised in Balto....then lived and worked in Severna Park!!

NMyers01 Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 9:26pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMissey

Welcome to Cakecentral!!! You're gonna love it here! It really is a great place to be! Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing your cake pics!

Small world...I was born & raised in Balto....then lived and worked in Severna Park!!

Really what part, I was in Chartridge and now in Woodberry

NMyers01 Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

NMyers You LUCKY girl you!!!! You have my job LOL! I am also a Vet Tech with 13 years behind me.

Nope not a vet tech. My position as Animal Tech at the Animal Embassy is Maintaining, caring, feeding, enriching, cleaning, the animals used for education. Like if you see the Baltimore Zoo on the News with animals, those are the animals in the animal embassy. But none the less it's 74 animals to care for, so there ya go. I also am very lucky I get to help with training WEEEEEEE.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 9:50pm
post #7 of 15

Welcome To CC!! Can't wait to see more of your cake pics..

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 10:44pm
post #8 of 15

Welcome, welcome, welcome! icon_biggrin.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 11:25pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyers01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMissey

Really what part, I was in Chartridge and now in Woodberry

..huh! Woodberry sounds soo familiar but I can't place it.

Grew up in the Towson area. Then when I got my first apartment, I worked for an insurance agengy in Severna Park, on Ritchie Highway and College Parkway! Don't know if you ever heard of Bay Area Insurance..just a small agency.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 1:00am
post #10 of 15

Welcome to both you and Phoebe, what a pretty cat! Wow, I would love your job, gotta love critters, haha, it is almost a prerequisite for this site, me thinks. Haha, either we are talking about them or once in awhile, behaving like them! See, your training will come in handy.
We look forward to reading your posts and seeing your cakes! I hope you share a bit about the animals you are caring for, always a fascinating topic!
Phoebe is in good company here, lots of cat lovers!
Hugs Squirrelly

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 1:08am
post #11 of 15

Big warm welcome to our CC family.

NMyers01 Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 1:15am
post #12 of 15

I will be sure to have an "Animal Column" LOL. Phoebe will be happy to meet other kitties. THanks for the cake encouragement.

I sure know of Bay Area Insurance. Hop, Skip and a jump from where I lived in Severna Park. I live there for 23 years. So i'm quite familiar with the dirt icon_biggrin.gif

we should talk sometime. nicole dot m dot myers at gmail dot com

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 11:15am
post #13 of 15

Welcome! You'll love it here!

NMyers01 Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 10:36pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Quote:

..huh! Woodberry sounds soo familiar but I can't place it.

Woodberry is a tad north west of Hampden. It is where the Zoo is Located, also known as TV Hill, with the 2 large TV Antennas that blink in the horizon that you can see all over the city

Krise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krise Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 11:03pm
post #15 of 15

Hello and Welcome, I'm new here too but love it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%