Sheet Cake Help

Decorating By tayesmommy Updated 4 Mar 2007 , 7:38am by 2sdae

tayesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmommy Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 10

How do you cool a sheet cake and get it out of the pan. I have a 12x18 in cake. HELP!

9 replies
2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 10

I recently made a double layer 12x16 and I cooled it on a cooling rack in the pan. Then when I wanted to cool the other side I took the cakeboard I was going to put it on and put that on top of the cake and pan and just flipped it out on it. Because of the heat and condensation from cooling it stuck to that board better than if I cemented it!!!! icon_lol.gif When I needed to cool the other layer I let it cool on 1 side and then put wax paper on a cake board and did the flip trick. Then when cool, I put it on the other layer after I had torted them and filled them both.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 10

Welcome to Cake Central. If you have two smaller cooling racks, you can put the together with a couple of twist ties. invert them over the cake in the pan, put a board on top of the racks, and flip the whole thing over. It might help to have an extra set of hands.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 10

I have the large cooling racks from Michael's. After I have leveled the cake, I put the cooling rack upside down on the cake, hold it tightly (almost squeezing it together), and flip it over.

2sdae Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickitilghman

I have the large cooling racks from Michael's. After I have leveled the cake, I put the cooling rack upside down on the cake, hold it tightly (almost squeezing it together), and flip it over.

I have never seen these large cooling racks. You got it at Michaels you say?

crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 1:20am
post #6 of 10

I just used my 40% at Michaels coupn to get the biggest size cooling rack. It is great even on smaller cakes. I just flip the rack, put it on the cake, flip cak and let it sit. Sometimes I will flip it onto a cake board, then onto the rack if it has a definite top side.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 4 Mar 2007 , 5:05am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickitilghman

I have never seen these large cooling racks. You got it at Michaels you say?

Yeah, I find them at Micheal's. I think they are $7.99. I buy them when I have nothing else to spend a coupon on.

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 4 Mar 2007 , 5:17am
post #8 of 10

I use large cooling racks. I got mine from AC Moore.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Mar 2007 , 5:23am
post #9 of 10

http://www.equippers.com/shop/product-detail.aspx?ret=1&pcid=23&scid=2330&pid=10507

Here's a link to a company where I get a lot of my supplies. Shipping is dirt cheap.

2sdae Posted 4 Mar 2007 , 7:38am
post #10 of 10

Next time I'm in there I need to check those out. Are they with the other cooling racks or with the wilton products?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%