Making Cupcakes -- Use This . . .

Decorating By JacsMommy Updated 24 Feb 2007 , 4:01pm by Cake_Princess

JacsMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JacsMommy Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 10

I like using an ice cream scoop -- the kind with the press button that releases the ice cream from the scoop -- to put the batter in the cupcake cups. Uniform cupckaes every time and no messy fingers.

Can you guess what I'm baking right now? icon_smile.gif

9 replies
projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 10

How does the batter not drip from the sides of the scoop when you scoop it out of the bowl and into the cupcake liners? That's the problem I always have. The drips.

JP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JP Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 10

I like the ice cream scoop as well. However, I am having a hard time finding the correct size for the perfect cupcake. Does anyone have a tried and true size?? Thanks!

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 10

Yes it is useful. I am always using this without any doubt.
I think 1/3 size is always right for my cupcakes. I just saw my scoop and because of this is too old I couldn't find out size but I just put 1/3 cup of water in that and it's perfect.

Thanks
Nitu

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP

I like the ice cream scoop as well. However, I am having a hard time finding the correct size for the perfect cupcake. Does anyone have a tried and true size?? Thanks!

I prefer the lg Cookie scoop from Pampered Chef. It holds 3T of batter.

For Mini cupcakes I like the small pampered chef cookie scoop - I have not tested how much it holds yet though.

ninas09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninas09 Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 10:41pm
post #6 of 10

I use the Pampered Chef scoop as well and it works great. However, I do have a problem sometimes with my cupcakes. When I take them out of the oven, they tend to shrink and sink in the middle. Shouyld I use more batter?

JP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JP Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 12:00am
post #7 of 10

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions on the perfect size! I am going to be trying them all out! thumbs_up.gif

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 10

I read earlier this week or maybe last week someone using a candy melt bottle! THat way you squirt and move on to the next cupcale and there is no mess! I havent tried it yet, but I when I do cupcakes I will try this method!

crispyscupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crispyscupcake Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 3:51pm
post #9 of 10

All I do is cupcakes and I use a Farberware ice cream scoop that I bought at Walmart for about $6. It is the type that has the lever on it too. Pampered Chef had good scoops too and their little one is perfect for mini cupcakes!! icon_smile.gif

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 4:01pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP

I use a 50 mL scoop works out for perfect cupcakes. Excellent for making cupcake cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%