Disappearing Thread -- What Happened To The Post???

Decorating By tobycat Updated 23 Feb 2007 , 9:26pm by Lauree

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 41

A thread that I had contributued to has disappeared. I was interested in it, and yes it was someone on the controversial side, but I thought that if that happened a thread would just be locked. Now, I can't find it at all.

What happened? Does CC delete threads????

I realize that if there's profanity then that's one thing -- we wouldn't want that out there for people to view, but there was none of that in this thread....

I'm wondering what the policy is and if it was, as I suspect, deleted.

Sarah

40 replies
mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 41

detective.gif Ahhh yes....the case of the disappearing thread......

I can understand it being locked, but it didn't seem necessary to completely delete it. Trust me...I've read uglier ones than that! icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 41

I'd like to know too. I posted on one that seemed completely harmless. It was just a link to a site and then it was gone.

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 41

it is frustrating....it even removes your comment from the "My Forum Posts" area..............

jcakes17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jcakes17 Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 41

yes they will delet them if someone post something they dont like.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocakes

detective.gif Ahhh yes....the case of the disappearing thread......

I can understand it being locked, but it didn't seem necessary to completely delete it. Trust me...I've read uglier ones than that! icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Sounds like you know the thread to which I'm referring... detective.gif I'm just tickled to see this emoticon! I never looked on the view more and I love this one! (I guess I did give it away with one of my descriptions of it.)

Well, as for the disappearing threads, I'm kinda on the fence about it. Things could get very nasty around here really fast if there weren't moderators....on the other hand, the thread I was talking about had a lot of good points, and I don't think it's a bad thing to let newer cake enthusiasts and CCers know just how serious people are about their cake and their photos.

Just MHO....but thanks for the info.

Sarah

Lauree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lauree Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:04pm
post #7 of 41

Did I miss something? I was watching that thread as well yesterday afternoon to see if clarification would be given and when I went to look for it today-gone....did it get so nasty they had to delete it instead of lock it? It had not moved to the nasty side when I logged off yesterday afternoon....just curious. Why are some just simply removed as opposed to being locked?

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:08pm
post #8 of 41

perhaps some of the main parties involved requested it??? I dont know as when I last checked it, it wasn't too bad (I've seen worse)...but I am wondering if someone specifically requested it to be removed.

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:11pm
post #9 of 41

I was surprised too when I tried to find that post and it said no topic existed, and also that my posts were gone in "my forum post". icon_surprised.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:13pm
post #10 of 41

Which thread are you refering too?...maybe I can answer your question thumbs_up.gif

Janet2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janet2007 Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:14pm
post #11 of 41

I was watching it also. I wanted to see if the lady that posted would ever answer whatever want wanted to know. The last time l saw it she still had not. I would really love to know what really did happen but I guess that will not happen now.

Lauree Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:17pm
post #12 of 41

It was the one that the newer member said someone had pm'd her about pictures that weren't hers or something similar...it really wasn't bad when i got off the computer. just curious.....Thanks.

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:18pm
post #13 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie214

Which thread are you refering too?...maybe I can answer your question thumbs_up.gif

The bashing thread it was like 10 pages long..........

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:21pm
post #14 of 41

The thread was locked as it was beginning to go towards the negative side. This thread actually went for 15 pages ... I was very proud of everyone who made comments that did try to keep it on the positive side of things icon_smile.gif

Janet2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janet2007 Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:24pm
post #15 of 41

Ahhhh...I see...My only question is...Was she posting other peoples pictures? I just really wonder what happen.

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:25pm
post #16 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntertayneme

The thread was locked as it was beginning to go towards the negative side. This thread actually went for 15 pages ... I was very proud of everyone who made comments that did try to keep it on the positive side of things icon_smile.gif

Thanks so much !!
I didnt see it get that far but I also noticed it was staying pretty positive!!

Lauree Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:29pm
post #17 of 41

Thanks for the info....would like to know if it was ever clarified...oh well. icon_smile.gif

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:34pm
post #18 of 41

I looked for it too....

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:37pm
post #19 of 41

I'm surpised, I have seen a lot worse. For as long as it went I thought it went fairly smooth.

When threads go to that many pages, it just means there are a lot of people interested in the subject.

I think that was one I stopped watching, I lost interest myself.

Janette Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:38pm
post #20 of 41

I forgot to ask a question.

Why wasn't it just locked, why was it deleted?

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:48pm
post #21 of 41

As to the question. had she used other peoples pictures, it appears that she did, but removed them prior to her original post. Another cc'er some how found the original version of her website with the pics on ( don't ask me how that is done, I was totally impressed ) The cc member who had pm'd the new member got on and explained what she pm'd and then the new member came back and copied and pasted the email conversation b/t the two. Bashing was a harsh word, as the cc member appeared very diplomatic to me.

Janette Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:52pm
post #22 of 41

I saw where the new member posted the pm's I thought they were decent.

The origional post was mis-leading but it all came into place at the end.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 5:37pm
post #23 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntertayneme

Yes, you all were great...wow, 15 pages icon_biggrin.gif . Your responses were done in a manner such that you were able to get your point across without all the bickering and insults...CC MEMBERS ARE THE BEST thumbs_up.gif

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 7:10pm
post #24 of 41

I could read until page 12 when my DD started with and ear acke thumbsdown.gif .

I couldn't finish it and now is gone icon_cry.gif . Well I just wanted to see if the lady that posted would ever answer again icon_cool.gif . The last time l saw it she still had not. I would like to know what really did happen......to late I guess

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 7:32pm
post #25 of 41

I think several of us are hoping that a moderator can answer why the thread was actually deleted after it was locked??

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 7:39pm
post #26 of 41

Dear Moderators,
Please tell us why it was deleted.

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 8:13pm
post #27 of 41

(crickets chirping)

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 8:21pm
post #28 of 41