Its Begginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas........

Lounge By SugarCreations Updated 28 Nov 2005 , 4:03am by tcturtleshell

SugarCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCreations Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 10

Well Turkey Day is over. And now that we all have had time to digest our bird, so to speak. Just wanted to know one thing. Is the blasted rush as bad in your neck of the woods as it is in mine. Why do we wait until the last minute to shop?

9 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 10

Last minute, is it Christmas eve already? LOL I am a terrible procrastinator. I never start before Dec. 15th or so. Maybe this year will be different, I always say that! LOL

emi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emi Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 10

In our family, we only buy presents for the kids, and there's only 4. We the adults, really don't need anything. No stress, and very easy on everyone. I already started looking on line for some unique gifts that I can't find in the stores. I purchased something last night for my 2.5 year old, but it's not going to arrive until end of January. Almost didn't buy it, but I know she'll love it when she gets it.
Emi

SugarCreations Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 10

emi, I like your families thinking. Its all about the kids anyway, well almost. There is another child that it is mostly centered around.

mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 10

We're not big on presents, either. My ex-husband and I limit our daughter's list to about 5 things that she really wants and we split the cost. Other than my kid, I only buy for my boyfriend and my best girlfriend's daughter. Everyone else gets homemade gift baskets of cookies and candy or handmade wreaths. I think the whole spirit of the holiday gets lost in the materialism. I'd rather spend money on good food and drink and have friends over for a celebration than open gifts any day!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 10

Bah! Humbug LOL...

SugarCreations Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 7:32pm
post #7 of 10

Now,now.............

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 10:45pm
post #8 of 10

I only buy for my two sons, 4 grandchildren and 4 godchildren.

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:53am
post #9 of 10

I never used to put off shopping this much...but now i enjoy shopping for myself, i have no time to purchase things for other ppl..lol

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 4:03am
post #10 of 10

The rush has started here for sure! People fighting in stores, people fighting over toys & video games. Their crazy!

I went Christmas shopping for the 1st time today. It wasn't bad at all just HOT! 78* & very humid! It's hard to believe that Christmas is coming when it's so warm outside~

We are getting each niece & nephew a gift this year & getting a couples gift for the adults in my family. It's so much easier that way. I think it will work out fine! And cheapier on my pocket book~ icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%