Cookie Sheets For Cookie Bouquets

Baking By Juds2323 Updated 18 Feb 2007 , 5:55pm by Juds2323

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 5:49am
post #1 of 17

What type of cookie sheet work best for cookie bouquets (baking with the stick)? With the sticks does it make a difference on how many a sheet will hold? Sorry for the silly questions, gonna try and do a couple bouquets for the first time and if I really like doing them may decide to do more....lol

Thanks,

Judi

16 replies
debrab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debrab Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 5:58am
post #2 of 17

Hi! I use either a regular cookie sheet or my Pampered Chef baking stones. No matter which, I always make sure to use parchment paper so that they are easy to remove, plus it makes for an easy clean up too! I also have some of the Wilton pans that are already shaped and you just add the dough and the sticks in the mold.

I hope you enjoy the cookie bouquets. I really do. For Valentines Day, I took a small slender vase and filled it with Hershey's kisses and stuck one cookie in it and put tissue paper at the top so it kind of looked like the leaves of a flower and they were really cute! I have also made bouquets and added balloons. There is so much you can do with cookie bouquets.

Good luck!!

kris10rae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris10rae Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 6:11am
post #3 of 17

I've only made a couple cookie bouquets, but they're very addictive! I just bake mine on a regular cookie sheet! Good luck!

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 7:25am
post #4 of 17

I usually bake all my cookies on a cookie sheet that has no walls. This is especially(sp?) helpful when making cookies for cookie bouquets because you can easily insert the stick after pulling them out of the oven. thumbs_up.gif

Nikki_B Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nikki_B Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 8:56am
post #5 of 17

Wait. So should you put the stick in before or AFTER you put the cookie in to bake?

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 1:04pm
post #6 of 17

Nikki_B,
I just made my first ever cookie bouquets and I put the stick in before baking. It worked out perfectly for me. I did a lot of research before doing mine, and I found that some do it before, some do it after. What I understand, however, is if you insert the stick after baking you have to be pretty quick about it. Since I have three kids at home I never have a guarentee that I will have the time to do things when need be so that's why I put it in first. Hope that helps!
Jodie

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 1:14pm
post #7 of 17

I only use air bake pans for all my cookies. But we like the lighter softer cookie, if you want them crispier just leave them in a couple minutes more is all. Enjoy!!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 1:29pm
post #8 of 17

whatever kind you use, just get the biggest ones!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 10:13pm
post #9 of 17

I use cookie sheets without sides. Though I have some teflon coated ones with slight up-turned edges, and the cookies came out the same. I always lay the sticks on the pan, then place the cookie on top of the stick. Gently press the dough down around the stick and bake. Never had one come off.

KCotten Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCotten Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 4:45am
post #10 of 17

Ok....you know I always look for the economical way out (when possible). I was at the local "Wally World" and spotted pans without sides. I put them in the basket and then realized what would be the difference of using my regular Nordic ware cookie sheets (that I love) and baking on the back side! Ahhh a brain storm that really made since. I went home and have had great success with it! All of my cookie boquets are made this way! Of course, if you just want to spend the money....knock yourself out! Personally, I just didn't want to have to store more pans and figured I could use that money buying more fun stuff (decorating stuff).

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth!
Kim

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 5:01am
post #11 of 17

I agree with everyone's posts! I recommend backing on the largest "sheets" you can find (the kind without walls), bake on parchment paper and I insert my stick AFTER baking so I can back twice as many cookies at a time....but this is a personal choice! You should try it both ways to see what works best for you!

cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 5:03am
post #12 of 17

For cookies bouquets, I always use cookie sheets with no sides. I've put the sticks in both before baking & after and haven't had a problem. If you put the sticks in after baking you have to do it immediately.

Great idea Kcotton, turning the sheets over!!! thumbs_up.gif

Nikki_B Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nikki_B Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 5:09am
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAE33

Nikki_B,
I just made my first ever and I put the stick in before baking. It worked out perfectly for me. I did a lot of research before doing mine, and I found that some do it before, some do it after. What I understand, however, is if you insert the stick after baking you have to be pretty quick about it. Since I have three kids at home I never have a guarentee that I will have the time to do things when need be so that's why I put it in first. Hope that helps!
Jodie

Thank you for that, I always wondered. I want to make a cookie bouquet for my fiance, I think he'd enjoy a nice little surprise! icon_biggrin.gif

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 5:18am
post #14 of 17

ok i have to jump on this thread...when making a cookie bouquet, do you use cakes as a base for the cookies to stand in or do you use buckets, jars etc?

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 5:54am
post #15 of 17

I've seen bouquets w/a cake baked into the pot and then the sticks stuck into the cake. You could also use jars/pails/etc, and fill it with candy or put styrofoam in it...

Jelligirl, LOVE the avatar icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 6:04am
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayesmama

I've seen bouquets w/a cake baked into the pot and then the sticks stuck into the cake. You could also use jars/pails/etc, and fill it with candy or put styrofoam in it...

Jelligirl, LOVE the avatar icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

thanks tayesmama and yes....i get my drool on everytime i see him icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 5:55pm
post #17 of 17

Thanks everyone for your responses. KCotten I had thought about that too and wasn't sure it would work. I guess my biggest issue is a have a really small built in oven. So can only use the 14x16 sheets. icon_sad.gif

Judi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%