Ot.. My Play Is Done!!

Lounge By FerretDeprived Updated 18 Nov 2005 , 11:49pm by FerretDeprived

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:24am
post #1 of 9

Well my play is over. I just finished it tonight.

My part was the insane lady and my lines were bad ,but i had to serisouly fight my stage fright. I was ready to give up and not do it ,but with lots of hugs form friends and support i sucked it up and went through with it.

The play went great. The first lien was forgotten by a guy ,but i thought it was actually great because it made the actual play a little more relax and opened it wiht a little funny note. So i wasn't as scared to mess up.

So went out did my lines alright did what i could ,and sat there tryign to hide my nervousness.

I was SO nervous to. My head was hurting, i had a sotmach ache, and my heart was POUNDING. I would have passed out if it wasn't for the anxiety pill. Thank the heavens for it.

So everyone said the play went great ,and i'm ok with myself. I fought my stage fright and went through weith my part. I did the best i could with my stage fright. But now my head still hurts and i still have a stomach ache.

I have one more play to do for the elementary kids ,but that won't be as big of a deal. I don't care about little kids as much(its not like most of them will undertsand the play anyways).

8 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:31am
post #2 of 9

Well good for you kiddo, took lots of courage and you made it through and proved to yourself that you can do it. Yes, little kids will be an easier audience for you because you won't worry about them being your peer group and hearing comments later.
Hugs Squirrelly

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 5:06am
post #3 of 9

Congratulations. I know how hard that was to do.

There is a saying that I have read that I do not remember who it is from but it something like.....Sing like no one is listening and dance like no one is watching. In other words just go out and enjoy life and what you are doing without worrying so much about what others will think.

Besides, if you were playing an insane lady your nervousness probably just made you look a little crazier! Just kidding. LOL.

C

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 6:00am
post #4 of 9

Congrats..I'm sure you did a great job! Now that it's over you can relax!!

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 1:56pm
post #5 of 9

ohh, i always hated those...but i never went through with them either...you're brave!!

One year I was supposed to be Mother Mary for the Christmad play...I COULD NOT do it...i have major stage frieght...but i was only like 5 or 6...ohhh...the good old days...

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 2:03pm
post #6 of 9

Congratulations!! I am sure you did a great job!!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 2:42pm
post #7 of 9

Good for you!!! thumbs_up.gif I'm so glad the play went well.

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 6:09pm
post #8 of 9

Congratulations.I'm sure you did a great job.

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 11:49pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you everyone! icon_smile.gif

Truthfully i'm happy i went through it ,but i never imagined i had severe stage fright like that. I've always known i've had stage firght ,but i haven't done a play since 4th grade so i could never tell how bad. I wish i could be comfortable in a stage ,but i guess i'll just have to deal.

The kids show today went pretty well. No one forgot their lines. Lol! But the little kids(8,6,5,4th graders) were a stale bunch. They laughed once ,but i guess they didn't get the jokes. I prefer an adult audience hands down.

But yet! now its over ,and i get a whole week break to celebrate!

Thanks everyone for your support! You don't knwo hwo much it helped!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%