Bone-Head Move In The Kitchen

Decorating By CakeNewbie Updated 18 Mar 2005 , 2:44pm by Lisa

CakeNewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeNewbie Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 3:52am
post #1 of 6

Wow! I'm such a nerd! I was mixing up some cake batter for a practice cake this evening. I set down my hand mixer and turned to grab my rubber spatula... and somehow I knocked the switch on my mixer to on. Cake batter flew everywhere! It was all over my counter and backsplash, all over my glasses, my shirt... I somehow also managed to splatter it all over my refrigerator behind me! Please tell me i'm not the only one to comit such an idiotic (yet, admittedly comical- I souldn't stop laughing!!!) blunder in the kitchen! (oh, and I'm REALLY glad my husband wasn't home.. he would have never let me live it down.) icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 3:58am
post #2 of 6

Someone else posted on a different thread that their bag of powdered sugar got caught up in their stand mixer and poof powdered sugar everywhere, now I haven't had something that bad happen yet as far as mixing but I am my time will come.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 4:37am
post #3 of 6

When I'm baking everything that can go wrong does!!!! Thank God I laugh at it instead of cry!! Believe me I've wanted to cry several times. Especially then time when I was baking & the kids came home from school. My daughter came inside & said, "Ohhh Mom's baking" then she said, "It smells so good in here BUT I also smell something burningl!!!" I opened the oven & black smoke came pouring out!!! My cake had cooked over & the batter that cooked over was burning in the back of the oven!! What a mess!!!! I guess I was so busy I didn't even smell it!! Stuff like that happens all the time! I just clean it up & keep on keeping on!!!!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 9:34am
post #4 of 6

that was me mouse! icon_lol.gif this needs to be in the cake disaster section so everyone can get a laugh out of it, like mine!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 10:35am
post #5 of 6

I think we all have the bad days....comical or not!! icon_lol.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 6

Powdered sugar gives me fits in my kitchen. I have all black appliances and the dust from it ends up on everything! I'm beginning to think black kitchens are one of a baker's worst nightmares.

My biggest bone-head move was accidentally dropping my cordless phone onto the top of one of my cakes. I was decorating and holding the phone to my ear with my shoulder when OOPS!--out it slipped icon_cry.gif . The cake survived but it took forever to get the icing out of all those little holes in the phone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%