A Poem

Lounge By maxiecakes Updated 6 Nov 2005 , 8:58pm by cindy6250

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 12:38am
post #31 of 42

WOW! Thanks everyone for your support! What began as a pretty c____y day turned out to be so nice thanks to all of you. SquirrellyCakes you're
the best!! thank you for the poem it was so flattering. There is nothing like the friends at C.C. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 1:28am
post #32 of 42

Hey President of the Prose and Poetry Club,
Heehee, kiddo, you can actually say crappy on this site, just don't say it on Wilton, haha!
Hugs Squirrelly

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 1:39am
post #33 of 42

O.M.G.Squirrellycakes !! You Totally Kill Me!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 1:45am
post #34 of 42

Love the poems from everyone.

Squirrelly, as usual, you crack me up with your humor...can't wait to see what you will say or do next. thumbs_up.gif

Loved the one about the flying squirrelle that you posted earlier.

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 1:48am
post #35 of 42

icon_biggrin.gif

ShelbysYummys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelbysYummys Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 1:52am
post #36 of 42

Very cute!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 1:57am
post #37 of 42

Great poetry...thanks for sharing. icon_smile.gif

toddsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toddsgirl Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 2:18am
post #38 of 42

That is hilarious and sooooo true!! I am going to hang this on my fridge so I can have a laugh while I am baking!

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 5:03am
post #39 of 42

Hey maybe we should print that one out on the back of our bussiness card???????? icon_lol.gif
That was great!!!
Keep them coming

AShiana

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 8:31pm
post #40 of 42

icon_cry.gif Ohh. Long story but I had to come here and read that poem to make me feel little better...

Long story but I have to write maybe it will make me feel better.I am decorating cakes for one lady . She gets the orders and if she needs some fondant work done,calls me brings me the cakes and i do the decorating or the figures. We talk about the price before i do it and lately I haven't taken the money. kind of left the money, to take it all together. Otherwise it just dissapears immidiately. And I love to get bigger amont once than small but more often. So I went today to get it. Oh my god... everything we talked was half less. icon_mad.gif She said the cake didn't sell with the price we talked about before.etc. etc. I wouldn't have sit up til 4 o clock to finish the makeup bag and the dog. and all the other cakes i made. Especially that most of the stuff i was making was last minute orders. I decorate at night after my 3 kids 1 1/2 ,5 and 7 year olds go to bed. Oh my god I am so dissapointed I don't want to make cakes for her anymore. My husband said stop making the cakes. But I can't! I love it! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
I would love to start something on my own but i am scared. I don't even know from where to start. I would also be totally scared to bake cakes on my own because it may not taste good. icon_sad.gif

ok i stop whining now and will print the poem out and put it on the fridge.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 8:56pm
post #41 of 42

Liis, go out on your own.... make a few cakes for your church group or teachers at school...or whatever you are involved in, tell your family and friends you have your own small business and you would love to take there cake orders.
dont do any more free, or next to free stuff for this lady....take pictures of everything you make and put together a portfolio, or picture book.
good luck!

about the poem.....i am going to put that in my brand new office!!!! i cant wait!!!!! you guys are great!!!!!!!
melody

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 6 Nov 2005 , 8:58pm
post #42 of 42

Liis,

You do beautiful work. Just practice making some cakes, you will do fine. If you continue to do work for that lady, I would be sure to get my money up front....That sucks that she ripped you off....Good luck..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%