Lots Of Candy Melts

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 18 Mar 2005 , 7:09pm by GHOST_USER_NAME

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 20

OK< I know this will sound like a really stupid question but I have lots and lots of candy melts, no molds though, so my next question what can I do with them? I hate to throw them away. I bought them to make a mini size cake of a Christmas cake in a Wiltons yearbook, and didnt use much. I have sealed them with my sealing machine. Any ideas????

19 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 20

Use them in chocolate transfers instead of doing a BCT.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 20

Or buy a food grade mold from this website: http://idealmolds.com/index.html
There are some gorgeous molds on this site.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 20

You can make candy clay with them.

flayvurdfun Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 20

ok what is candy clay? I've heard of it, but have no idea what it is really.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 20

Got a sweet tooth???? You can eat them!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Lisa Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 4:36pm
post #7 of 20

LOL Tina! I nibble a bit on mine. They are just so tasty!

Here's the recipe for candy clay. You can use it to model all sorts of things.

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/candy/candy_clay.cfm

flayvurdfun Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 4:42pm
post #8 of 20

I think the candy melts are very very sweet....sometimes to sweet to eat alot of but thats an idea...
I think I may try candy clay...... is it something that keeps or do you need to make it right before you use it????
I told ya I feel so stupid.... 40 years old and havent heard of alot of this stuff... I must lead a sheltered life......
icon_cry.gifthumbs_up.gif

Lisa Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 4:56pm
post #9 of 20

It keeps a while...several weeks. It's actually better if it sits overnight before you use it. You'll want to store it tightly wrapped at room temp in an air-tight container.

tcturtleshell Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 5:21pm
post #10 of 20

You sound like me Flayvurdfun! I wish I would have gotten into the decorating a long time ago! I only started last Oct!! There's a lot of things I don't know. Heck, I didn't even know what dream whip was until dragon (Joe) told me about it!!!! That's bad!!! We're learning so that's all the matters right!!!!!

flayvurdfun Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 5:35pm
post #11 of 20

TC how in the heck did you get 278 posts in such a short time? I have been watching everyones amounts to see.... wow!

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 5:44pm
post #12 of 20

Are they chocolate or white? If so, melt them (separately) mix in 2 cups of mini pretzels and 1/2 cup of M&Ms per pound of candy melts and pour out onto a parchment-lined sheet pan and spread it evenly with a spatula. Put this in the freezer for about ten minutes (lay it straight across; no tilting!) then let it fully set up (the M&Ms take a while longer than the candy melts to harden) for an hour or so. Break this up into brittle-type pieces. Yummy!!!!

flayvurdfun Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 5:50pm
post #13 of 20

as usual COOKIEMAN you gave another brilliant idea.... I have red, blue, green, brown, white, cocoa, yellow and I think thats it.... so I have almost the whole bag of each color!

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 6:57pm
post #14 of 20

I also used chocolate for writing. I will write my sayings on wax paper and then put them on my cake. You can also use them for strawberries.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 7:26pm
post #15 of 20

cakeconfections i never thought about that! what a great idea!

post #16 of 20

post #17 of 20

tcturtleshell Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 11:36pm
post #18 of 20

Flayvur....
I don't work outside of our home. I had to quit work last year because of a back injury. I can only do so much around the house so when I'm bored I get on here!!! I also have teenagers,. they don't need a lot of attention!! So I have a lot of free time when I'm not cleaning & baking! icon_smile.gif Plus I am a beginner & I have had so many questions!! I am doing my first wedding in April & had NO IDEA how much work this would take! Thanks to everyone on here I am ready for the wedding!!!!!!!! So that's why I have so many posts!!!
icon_lol.gif
OH, yes....... & I'm addicted!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I love all my cakecentral friends!!! Ya'll are the greatest!!!

The place I go & get my cake supplies from is called Cake Creations... well I've been calling it Cake Central!!!!! I just can't get it out of my head!!!! icon_eek.gif

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 1:06am
post #19 of 20

If you have the cocoa flavor you can melt them and then dip oreo cookies in it, I make these all the time, they are super yummy thumbs_up.gif

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 7:09pm
post #20 of 20

I use mine to make dipped Oreos and other cookies. Also pretzels. The uses for these things is endless.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%