Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › things NOT to ask/say to a baker!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things NOT to ask/say to a baker! - Page 61

post #901 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by manddi View Post


This statement is why cc needs a "like" button!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellavanilla View Post

 

Because if she's a friend of a friend then I was afraid of starting something... but you're right.

 

Hun, anyone who does things like this is not your "friend".  A true friend doesn't say or do things to purposely hurt someone they call friend.  Delete her on FB, and out of your life.  You don't need this!  You are very talented.  She is just jealous and I agree with the post by manddi which I think applies to this situation.  You go girl!!  icon_wink.gif

post #902 of 2992
I wonder if she ever says to her other friend, your cake tastes great but I have a friend who focuses more on having them look good...
elsewhere.
Reply
elsewhere.
Reply
post #903 of 2992
I wonder if she ever says to her other friend, your cake tastes great but I have a friend who focuses more on having them look good...
elsewhere.
Reply
elsewhere.
Reply
post #904 of 2992
Can't breathe! Omg! Laughing so hard..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellavanilla View Post

 "you know how you focus on the decorations, I have another friend who bakes for the taste..."




I'm standing here wondering what the "friend's" cakes look like. Is it a cake-looking product, or a giant pile of flour and frosting that would horrify you if other's weren't standing around with wide grins and forks shouting, "but it tastes great!"

I also wonder if she's ever said to this amazeballs friend, "yeah, your cakes really don't look that good. lucky for you, we're able to close our eyes when you bring it into the room."

I always try to remind myself that there is no crime is pausing to think about what you're about to say, before you say it...

jen

www.VeryDeliciousDesserts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delicious-Desserts/207874222593145

 

It's never "just cake!"

 

You may get a cake for $way to little but you won't get this cake!

Animal
(4 photos)
 
Reply

www.VeryDeliciousDesserts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delicious-Desserts/207874222593145

 

It's never "just cake!"

 

You may get a cake for $way to little but you won't get this cake!

Animal
(4 photos)
 
Reply
post #905 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosefinesCakery View Post
but they won't cost much since you can buy them in wholesale.

Where in the word did she get the idea that you would sell them for cheap just because you get your ingredients wholesale?? Wow. icon_confused.gif

Before you ask- I'm licensed, inspected, insured, and all that jazz.
Reply
Before you ask- I'm licensed, inspected, insured, and all that jazz.
Reply
post #906 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeCake615 View Post

Where in the word did she get the idea that you would sell them for cheap just because you get your ingredients wholesale?? Wow. icon_confused.gif

Because she's silly woman who doesn't know what she's talking about!! five minutes after she hung up, one of my lovely brides phoned and we had a lovely chat which cheered me up!

post #907 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by manddi View Post

I brought something a trained monkey can make: green bean casserole! I enjoyed the dinner and the fact that I didn't work my tookus off creating a beautiful cake for the occasion!

Hmm. Never had green bean casserole. Never been able to get green beans past my mouth. And the casseroles I do make (my "famous" chicken casserole, and scalloped potatoes) are way beyond the capabilities of a trained monkey.

 

But I'm glad you let yourself off easy after the spiteful relative stole your fire. Getting off easy and taking the high road; I'd call that a win-win situation for you.

James H. H. Lampert
Professional Dilettante

Web site: http://www.hbquik.com/jamesl

Flickr "baked goods" set http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvZvdTh

Reply

James H. H. Lampert
Professional Dilettante

Web site: http://www.hbquik.com/jamesl

Flickr "baked goods" set http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvZvdTh

Reply
post #908 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbquikcomjamesl View Post

Hmm. Never had green bean casserole. Never been able to get green beans past my mouth. And the casseroles I do make (my "famous" chicken casserole, and scalloped potatoes) are way beyond the capabilities of a trained monkey.

But I'm glad you let yourself off easy after the spiteful relative stole your fire. Getting off easy and taking the high road; I'd call that a win-win situation for you.
It was definitely a win-win! icon_smile.gif
post #909 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeciallyYours View Post

 

That may be (and I know it is), but it sounds totally stupid!

Exactly!

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
post #910 of 2992

I love when people ask me for a sample (which I never ever make) and they finally buy my cake because they could not find anybody else to make the cake they wanted, yes I do it on purpose... And they love the cake...

post #911 of 2992
Oh oh wait, try this one on for size: what about a friend whom you've gifted cupcakes a few times in the past, and now you're doing her wedding for a slashed price, and the first thing out of her mouth is 'can I get a sample?' What.
post #912 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletcupcake View Post

Oh oh wait, try this one on for size: what about a friend whom you've gifted cupcakes a few times in the past, and now you're doing her wedding for a slashed price, and the first thing out of her mouth is 'can I get a sample?' What.

Bwuahahaha! She wants a free cake, but she also doesn't want to miss out on the "total wedding experience" of prancing around to a bunch of shops eating free cake and talking about her big day. I bet she'll make appointments anyway so she gets to do that..

I'd tell her that if she gets samples, she also gets to pay full price.
post #913 of 2992
I had a customer walk in and ask me if my items were fresh
post #914 of 2992
I always get asked how much would a wedding cake be if you didnt stack it and what if we just pick it up.
post #915 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana7 View Post

How about this?: "if your prices were cheaper, you'll have more business" I have more than I can handle, thank you very much!

Ugh...don't get me started!  I have been making cakes for over 25 years and this funny thing recently happened to me.

 

My son recently got married and I made his cake ... of course.... :).  Their wedding coordinator whom I've known 'of' since she was a teenager was just as sweet as could be and began recommending me to her soon to be married couples.  After a few of them had come for tastings and interviews, she sent me a lengthy email detailing some "feedback" from them.  She noted that as a "new baker" they felt I was overpriced and not cheaper than any of the local cake shops. 

 

Ummmm... I've been doing this for over 25 years... gone are the days of freebie cakes...and I'm not trying to undercut anyone. You either want to pay me for the cake or you don't.  Not concerned with bowing down and begging for you business.. run along now... I have a paying customer to attend to. :) lol

 

I'm absolutely not sure if because she had never been in my circle before and didn't know I was a baker she assumed my son's was the first cake I'd ever made???  

~Good Cake Ain't Cheap ... And Cheap Cake Ain't Good~
Reply
~Good Cake Ain't Cheap ... And Cheap Cake Ain't Good~
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › things NOT to ask/say to a baker!