This was a mix of pourable fondant and buttercream. Only 1 layer necessary, no crumb coat needed! Evens to a perfect smooth surface on it’s own
- 1c Crisco
- 2 lb powdered sugar
- 1- 1 1/2 t flavoring (your choice)
- pinch of salt
- PIPING HOT 1/4 c water and 1/4 c milk
- roughly 4-5 oz giant marshmallows
- Cream Crisco and salt
- Slowly add sugar and liquids, alternating. Frosting should be creamy, not thin, so ajust your liquid as needed. I’ve found mixing water and milk keeps a better consistancy.
- Melt marshmallows in the microwave, about 20 seconds, in a bowl with your flavoring. They should be very soft, but not completely melted.
- STIR IN, do NOT use blender! Add food coloring if necessary. Even with regular vanilla, it makes a perfect shimmery white.