Make soft, melt in your mouth, sugar cookies with the ease of a box mix. In less than ten minutes you could be enjoying these cookies.
These are so soft and delicious and very easy!!! I’d always failed at sugar cookies (too hard or crunchy) before this one and they came out perfect the very first time. Delicious alone or iced.
Cake Mix Sugar Cookies
- 1 pkg white cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbs. milk
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, butter, egg and milk. Don’t over mix.
- Shape dough into a ball and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Roll dough on floured surface at least 1/8 inch thick (I like them slightly thicker).
- Cut out with floured cookie cutters.
- Lightly spray cookie sheet and place 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 6-10 mins or until edges are lightly browned (I have found that they are done before the edges look brown. I watch them and after they rise and begin to fall, that’s when they are done and really soft a minute or 2 later and they are lightly brown).
- Cool slightly and place on rack. Decorate. Store in airtight container.
Can't wait to try this recipe. I have the same problem and want to make decorated sugar cookies for the superbowl
I just tried this recipe, and I have to say...I will never use anything else. It is wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this. I never take orders for cookies becaue I hate to make them, but now it is easy-peasy. I'll be adding these to my menu. If the directions are followed, no one should have an issue with these cookies. They taste great too!
Trying this recipe right now will let u know how it turns out :)
Can they be frosted?
Could these be frosted with royal icing? Are they strong enough?
Please, what's this "cake mix"?
It's a kind of cake or a mix ready cake that can buy in the market?
Thank's for your attention.
You can use a Boxed Cake Mix that you can buy in the Market.
I am sure if you do not have one available you can use a homemade recipe.
Yes I am sure these can be frosted sense in the picture above she is frosting them,
I am going to try doing some with Royal Icing.
just wondering if they are based on the old 18.5oz cake mix or the new smaller size? thanks for your help!
Do these cookies spread and loose their shape if cut with a cookie cutter?
Thank's all everyone! I'll make the text.
Hi there! I can't wait to try these. Sounds just up my alley. What size cake mix did you use? Thanks a bunch!
Login To Leave A Comment