This is a really refreshing summertime cake. I love it paired with White Chocolate Buttercream or Coconut Buttercream for a real tropical taste! Hope you like it too.
- 1 (18.25 oz) Box DH Lemon Cake mix
- 1 (3oz) Box Lime Jello
- 1 Cup AP Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/3 Cup Key Lime Juice (can be found @ Krogers)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream (not light or fat free)
- 2 Tbls Veg Oil
- 4 Lrg. Egg Whites
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional, just balances out the tart)
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. In a large mixing bowl place the dry ingredients and whisk to break up any large lumps.
3. Add the remaining Key Lime juice, sour cream, veg oil, egg whites and optional extract.
4. I Like to use a hand held mixer and mix on medium/high speed for 2 minutes or until batter is smooth and no visible lumps remain.
Bake in 3- 8″ pans, 2 -10″ or makes 32 cupcakes