This is a really refreshing summertime cake. I love it paired with White Chocolate Buttercream or Coconut Buttercream for a real tropical taste! Hope you like it too.
- 1 (18.25 oz) Box DH Lemon Cake mix
- 1 (3oz) Box Lime Jello
- 1 Cup AP Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/3 Cup Key Lime Juice (can be found @ Krogers)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream (not light or fat free)
- 2 Tbls Veg Oil
- 4 Lrg. Egg Whites
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional, just balances out the tart)
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. In a large mixing bowl place the dry ingredients and whisk to break up any large lumps.
3. Add the remaining Key Lime juice, sour cream, veg oil, egg whites and optional extract.
4. I Like to use a hand held mixer and mix on medium/high speed for 2 minutes or until batter is smooth and no visible lumps remain.
Bake in 3- 8â³ pans, 2 -10â³ or makes 32 cupcakes
The aroma of this cake baking was incredible! It was super tangy (the absolute tangiest cake I have ever eaten!)- maybe it's the brand of key lime juice I used, but I am going to try again with half the amount of lime juice to see. Very very pretty. I made it 4 layers, alternating layers with a scratch white cake and coconut filling.
Yes, it definately has a Key Lime tang to it. I love it though! Love the combo you choose. Sometimes I add crushed graham cracker crumbs to my buttercream to give a more Key lime pie flare. Thanks!
Can I use this cake for a stacked grooms cake?
My favorite bakery makes key lime cupcakes with a graham cracker crust at the bottom. Too die for! I can't wait to try these sometime soon.
this is so good. I made the other keylime version thats on here and this is more like scratch cake. it's the best.
Login To Leave A Comment