I don’t remember who I got this simple recipe from, but when I use it, everyone raves over it!! It’s become one of my family’s favorite frostings on a spice cake (Also tastes great on a carrot cake or chocolate).
- 1. Your Fav Cream Cheese Frosting recipe or 1 can store bought cream cheese frosting.
- 2. Folgers Instant Coffee
- 3. Approx. 1 tsp very hot water (Or less!)
- 1. In a small cup or bowl put the tsp of very hot water and mix in about 1 – 2 tsp of the instant coffee and mix til dissolved. You only want enough hot water to dissolve some of the coffee crystals in. (this part is to taste – more coffee gives a stronger flavor, less makes it milder)
2. Take the cream cheese frosting out of the can and put it in a bowl for easy mixing. Now mix in the dissolved instant coffee. Be sure not to “water” down the frosting too much.
* Sometimes for visual affect I don’t completely dissolve the coffee so there are small particles of coffee showing in the frosting.
** Two cans of cream cheese frosting will fill and frost two 9″ layers
*** I’m sure that any instant coffee and any flavor will make a wonderful frosting – I just haven’t tried it because I LOVE the original way too much to change!!
This simple frosting is very rich and decadent!! And people will be asking you what kind of frosting it is. Enjoy!
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment