I don’t remember who I got this simple recipe from, but when I use it, everyone raves over it!! It’s become one of my family’s favorite frostings on a spice cake (Also tastes great on a carrot cake or chocolate).
1. Your Fav Cream Cheese Frosting recipe or 1 can store bought cream cheese frosting.
2. Folgers Instant Coffee
3. Approx. 1 tsp very hot water (Or less!)
1. In a small cup or bowl put the tsp of very hot water and mix in about 1 – 2 tsp of the instant coffee and mix til dissolved. You only want enough hot water to dissolve some of the coffee crystals in. (this part is to taste – more coffee gives a stronger flavor, less makes it milder)
2. Take the cream cheese frosting out of the can and put it in a bowl for easy mixing. Now mix in the dissolved instant coffee. Be sure not to “water” down the frosting too much.
* Sometimes for visual affect I don’t completely dissolve the coffee so there are small particles of coffee showing in the frosting.
** Two cans of cream cheese frosting will fill and frost two 9″ layers
*** I’m sure that any instant coffee and any flavor will make a wonderful frosting – I just haven’t tried it because I LOVE the original way too much to change!!
This simple frosting is very rich and decadent!! And people will be asking you what kind of frosting it is. Enjoy!