Chunky Monkey Weight Loss Support Group

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 14 May 2012 , 2:22pm by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 12:43am
post #151 of 164

Thank you! I found out this week. I'm about 5 weeks so still pretty early in. icon_biggrin.gif

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 12:46am
post #152 of 164

congrats again, very happy for you, a future baker (in the oven)-never thought i'd use that phrase but couldn't resist, lol

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 12:56am
post #153 of 164

I am so excited for you!! For me everything about being pregnant is totally amazing. Not so much the morning sickness, but the rest is really cool! I'm feel very blessed that we get to walk with you as you experience this miracle!

Melissa

TexasSugar Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 2:52pm
post #154 of 164

Thank you very much ladies!

I'm still waiting for it to feel real. My reg doctor confirmed it, and I have an appointment tomorrow to meet the ob/gyn's nurse and do the intial stuff. Maybe it will feel more real then. We will see.

Other than feeling really, really tired and having sore boobs I feel fine. Now to get over the tiredness and start walking on the treadmill again...

TexasSugar Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 6:39pm
post #155 of 164

I never made it to the OB/GYN appt. I woke up Tuesday morning with a sharp pain in my side followed by some bleeding, so I ended up spending my day at the ER. Found out I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have surgery Tuesday night. They also had to remove the tube during the surgery.

While he was in there he looked at my other tube, which he said looks really good. I go back after the first of May for my follow up visit and will find out what my next steps will be. I know that I will have to be monitored closely the next time I get pregnant, since it has a chance of happening again.

Guess this means I have a little more time to improve my eating before I try again.

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 8:22pm
post #156 of 164

I am so sorry. I'm glad that you're (physically) ok. I know that etopic pregnancies can be dangerous. I wish there words to take away your pain. But I'm sure that everything sounds hollow right now.
I've had three miscarriages, if you need to talk I'm here. I'm praying for you.

Melissa

TexasSugar Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 8:57pm
post #157 of 164

We caught it before it ruptured, so it could have been a lot worse.

I was able to take the rest of the week off and stayed with my parents. Returned home last night because I knew I'd have to go back to reality and work today. Unfortunetly it is a long work day for me.

I'm tired, didn't sleep good last night, and that has my emtions raw. But I'll get through both jobs then just go home and snuggle up with my cat. It seems that night time and mornings are the hardest emotionally.

Thank you for the prayers and the open ears!

BizCoCos Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 11:36pm
post #158 of 164

I am so sorry, i'm praying for you!

TexasSugar Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 9:53pm
post #159 of 164

Thank you!

JillyPlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillyPlot Posted 6 May 2012 , 11:14pm
post #160 of 164

Sorry I've been gone so long... Texas, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I have been MIA because school has been really rough this semester, but I'm finally coming to the end of the semester. I've also been sick since January. I started with what I thought was a stomach bug, but it just wouldn't go away. After about a month of being sick, unable to eat, and losing weight like crazy, I decided to see my doctor. I went to see my gastroenterologist about a month ago, and found out 2 1/2 weeks ago that I have Crohn's disease. It's made me lose almost 50 pounds since January, but it wasn't in a way I wanted to lose it. With this, weight won't be an issue anymore, but there are so many new concerns I'm dealing with when it comes to my health and eating. I'm going to have to be on medication and watching certain foods for the rest of my life. Luckily it's not anything too critical, but it is something that cannot be cured. Even though weight's not an issue anymore, I may need to come to you for support anyway, if that's still ok. Hope everyone's doing well on their journeys!

TexasSugar Posted 8 May 2012 , 2:43pm
post #161 of 164

Jilly you are always welcome here for support! Hopefully the medications and diet you can help manage it.

I went do the DR last week. He looked at my incisions and asked a few questions and said all looked good. He gave me the go ahead to start trying again.

I held steady with my weight last month. This morning it was a tiny bit lower. I haven't started exercising yet, but know I need too, especially since I don't have an excuse not to. I need to get stricter with cutting back the fats and sodium, and cutting out fast food.

TexasSugar Posted 11 May 2012 , 3:30pm
post #162 of 164

Okay I'm trying to crack down.

Weight this morning: 186.4
Which is sadly, 3.4 lbs over my highest weight. icon_sad.gif

Last night I did one mile on the treadmill and 4 miles on the exercise bike.

This morning I am having a Starbucks coffee and a petite vanilla bean scone. I just looked up the calorie count on them. Add them to my banana and breakfast was about 500 calories. Could have been better, but could have been worse (such as if I had eaten the other scone I bought.)

My plans for this weekend are to continue exercising, to write down everything I eat, and to work on eating better.

Anyone use any free apps to help track there weight loss? I looked up some last night, but the ones I found want you to follow their meal plans and I'm not really looking for that. I think I just want a place to journal what I eat, no nessarily count calories for me, exercise and weight loss.

How is everyone else doing?

BizCoCos Posted 12 May 2012 , 12:29am
post #163 of 164

so so week, minus half a pound, lol

TexasSugar Posted 14 May 2012 , 2:22pm
post #164 of 164

Minus .5 is better than a .5 gain. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%