post #1 of 46

is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

45 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:36am
post #2 of 46

Delivered a three tier birthday cake + 350 logo cookies for a corporate order this morning.

Have finished a four tier wedding cake for tomorrow late morning delivery.

Still have a simple groom's cake and a three tier wedding cake to do tonight.

And I'm hungry.

Jamielc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jamielc Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:46am
post #3 of 46

Hiya Leah_S!
No cakes here this weekend. However, I'm trying to finalize my list for Christmas cookie baking. 'Tis the season!

Hope all is well!

~ Jamie

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:47am
post #4 of 46

Making 3-tier Sex and the City cake for a bridal shower, plus 48 'Carrie Bradshaw' mini cupcakes. Shower is Sunday.

momto2pottsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momto2pottsy Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:52am
post #5 of 46

I'm a hobby baker and new to the FNCC but I thought I'd let you all know what I'm up to! I'm baking a pull-apart Tinkerbell cake for my daughter's b-day party, a 2 tier Tinkerbell cake for her 2nd party(family) on Sunday and a yule log for a x-mas party. Oh and some princess crown cookies! It's nice to know I won't be the only one up late icon_smile.gif

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 2:53am
post #6 of 46

Oh my gosh, Leah! You do you do it!
I'm up double checking my e-mail.
I thought I had one for tomorrow, but it is for next Saturday.
Delivered one this morning, and I'll be getting geared up for a fondant cake earlier on in the week.
I'm intending to make a cake look like a fishing reel.

glow0369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glow0369 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:01am
post #7 of 46

I just finished my own birthday cake..YEAH..finished some Christmas cakeballs today...will be working on a birthday cake for a lady who is turning 83...don't have a clue what I'm going to do... icon_wink.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:04am
post #8 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamielc

... I'm trying to finalize my list for Christmas cookie baking. 'Tis the season!

~ Jamie

Ditto. Looking for new items for this year's goodie gift baskets.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:04am
post #9 of 46

I have cakes baked & cooled and the BC made for this weekend's cakes but I feel like I am way behind.

I sent my daughter & her friend on a "quick trip" to the grocery store (5min walk from our house) and it took an hour to get my box of Dream Whip for the BC.

So I still need to fill/crumb/settle a 6in cake for my Grandmother's 89th birthday dinner tomorrow, the 8in base cake for a Tinkerbell cake for Sunday and the 4in topper cake for the Tinkerbell cake. Sometime tomorrow, I need to make the cupcakes for the Tinkerbell birthday party.

And I'm hungry too Leah--it's 8pm on the Left Coast and I still haven't had dinner. DH just got home and we still need to eat. At least the kids got fed.

Kristy

leah_s Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:05am
post #10 of 46

momto2, I'll be here for a while!

Had a snack, now have the 6" base iced. On to the 9".

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:09am
post #11 of 46

I'm back on track after wrestling with bubbly fondant earlier, grrr. 3 tier 50th anniversary cake picked up, dress cake finished and doing a figure skating cake at the moment. Still have 2 kids party cakes and a welcome home baby cake to do before Sunday.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:11am
post #12 of 46

Delivered one wedding cake earlier tonight. Just finished up on the 3-tier Sweet Sixteen princess cake and the 4-tier lace and bow wedding cake, both for delivery tomorrow afternoon. I've on my feet since 7:30 a.m. But I'm done! I turned the lights off in my bakery and will clean up in the morning. For now, going to go snuggle with my dogs on the couch and fall asleep. Looking forward to a very slow order week next week! icon_smile.gif

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:30am
post #13 of 46

getting ready to make some pastillage for the first time. I need to finish gumpaste handles for a purse cake to.

leah_s Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:38am
post #14 of 46

Three tier is base iced. Now to decorate!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 4:04am
post #15 of 46

I have a cake on the counter that would be so cute if it were for its various problems. The fondant has developed major fissures and the RKT arm has a piece that decided to break off. I have a 10 page paper due this weekend that I've been working on all day and a cold that has me snorting, coughing, and reaching for the Kleenex.

I don't have to fix the cake. I can just chuck it in the trash since it was to be a surprise cake for my daughter and her roomies. With this cold, it's probably best that I pitch it. However, the fondant problem is really bugging me and I'd like to figure out what's going on in general with my fondant lately. I'm considering putting the cake in a box tonight and trying to fix it tomorrow if I have time. I'm fairly sure if I get it covered, the moisture will come forth and soften the fondant so I can take it apart to fix it.

Ugh. In the meantime, anyone want to write a paper for me?

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 4:27am
post #16 of 46

Any ideas on how to texturize fondant to look like a hockey puck?
Working on a sports themed cake and would love to add a hockey puck.
Thought you late night chicas might have a good idea!

leah_s Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 4:38am
post #17 of 46

A hockey puck has texture? I just looked up a picture and it looks smooth . . .

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 4:47am
post #18 of 46

Order for 40 cream puffs..... 30 baked......10 to go fill and deliver in AM......I have a few (not quite big enough) puffs for me.......lol

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 4:48am
post #19 of 46

nothing going on here....looking for ideas for a co-worker's baby shower and trying to plot my holiday baking.....

good night to all!

leah_s Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 4:50am
post #20 of 46

mmmm . . .cream puffs. Can you hold one up to the screen for me?

ellentwn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellentwn Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 4:53am
post #21 of 46

aej6, how bout using running the side of the puck across a mess strainer, just looked at mine and the pattern is similar to the texture of a puck, ps I have a puck here to compare it to. good luck!......Oh and just finished up football shaped cake pops for game day tomorrow.

ellentwn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellentwn Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 4:56am
post #22 of 46

yikes, it's late and I can't type.........I meant to say run the side of the puck against a mesh strainer or fine sieve.

Love2BakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2BakeCakes Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:01am
post #23 of 46

Blessings Everyone ~ Don't know if I should be happy about absolutely nothing to bake this weekend, or going nuts because I have nothing to bake this weekend! icon_biggrin.gif Since these "free" moment are rare, I think I will get some more practice time in there somewhere.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:04am
post #24 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow0369

I just finished my own birthday cake..YEAH..finished some Christmas cakeballs today...will be working on a birthday cake for a lady who is turning 83...don't have a clue what I'm going to do... icon_wink.gif

Happy belated birthday to you!
Sucks that you have to make your own cake, but at least you know it will be really, really good!

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:22am
post #25 of 46

Hi everybody!

Have a baby shower cake for Sunday and am baking the bottom tier....red velvet. It is also going to have a custom converse shoe topper....so I'm gonna get started on that tonight also.

Does anybody have a good cream cheese icing? I am going to try Kathy Finholt icing as I had heard such good reviews....

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:27am
post #26 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

A hockey puck has texture? I just looked up a picture and it looks smooth . . .

The top is smooth but the sides have a bumpy texture sort of like a web.

The texture is almost like super fine quilting. Could you freehand the cross-hatching w/a fondant wheel. It could be pretty rough since pucks are not perfect.

Kristy
(married to an obssessed hockey fan)

Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:27am
post #27 of 46

Hi! I made a cross cake for a baptism tonight, and 3 dozen cupcakes with silver fondant crosses. Have extra peanut butter buttercream, thinking I will try to make cake pops/truffles for the first time to use it up.

momto2pottsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momto2pottsy Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 5:50am
post #28 of 46

Just finished yule log, pull-apart cake(with my first buttercream transfer -quite pleased with the results!) 2-tier cake is crumb-coated and setting and waiting for me to finish tomorrow! I hope everyone has a great night! Happy Birthday glow0369!

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 6:06am
post #29 of 46

Studying, Studying, Studying. So tired!!! icon_cry.gif

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 8:11am
post #30 of 46

I could just die!!

I had torted my final layer of my Red Velvet cake and was brushing the crumbs off over the sink.....I know...I know....I shouldn't have...

Well....the stupid cake slid off the cooling rack and landed straight into the sink which had some water. My entire cake was soaked in water....have to bake a cake another cake tomorrow!! Oh well....sure learned my lesson....will NEVER do that again. I sure feel like a dumb ass!! LOL..

Thankfully, this cake is not due until Sunday morning and I have plenty of time to bake a single layer icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%