Who? Why?

Decorating By leah_s Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 6:08am by Cakechick123

leah_s Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 10:31am
post #1 of 25

Moved the SPS instructions Sticky from the How Do I? Forum to the Cake Decorating Forum?

24 replies
cheatize Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 25

What? Oh no! It seems like you answer tons of questions when the instructions are there. We need that back ASAP or you'll never be able to keep up with the questions!

leah_s Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:24am
post #3 of 25

still wondering.

KathysCC Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:54am
post #4 of 25

Why don't you PM Jan? She may know. There have been a few odd things happening lately on the site, so it may not have been anyone in particular, just a site gremlin. icon_lol.gif

sillywabbitz Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:11am
post #5 of 25

When they moved one of my posts, I was sent a PM stating where it was moved and why. Seems odd they would have moved it and not mentioned it to you first. Especially as busy as that post is.

chellescountrycakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 5:01am
post #6 of 25

Yeah, I get that PM alot!! Finally she told me that just cause I can start the sentence with "how do I" doesnt mean it belongs there.. LOL

And honestly, everytime I DO make a new topic, I really rack my brain trying to decide where to put it. and chances are I always put it in the wrong place.

windemire Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:39am
post #7 of 25

They moved it to the Cake Decorating forum.

leah_s Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 3:34am
post #8 of 25

[quote="windemire"]They moved it to the Cake Decorating forum.[/quote]

Yes I know that. Who is "they"?

Bluehue Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:20am
post #9 of 25

icon_confused.gif Why indeed .... the thread was started in Sept 2008.
I would have thought after 21 Months it was quite settled living under How Do I-

Bluehue.

dm321 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:35am
post #10 of 25

I gotsta know!

This in no way concerns me.. but it is most intriguing (I asked a question about a product once and right away got a pm about it being moved. It was so far removed, that I never did get an answer to my question hmmmm. ) icon_confused.gif

Id think a forum superstar such as yourself would not have as much trouble getting an answer, which is one of the reasons Im so intrigued!

~diem...

redpanda Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 5:32am
post #11 of 25

dm321, I looked for your post that was moved, to see if I could answer it, but I couldn't figure out which one wasn't answered. The one I thought it might be, about Bettercreme/Frostin' Pride was answered.

leah_s Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:36pm
post #12 of 25

As you can see, I've now changed my siggy.

snowboarder Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:55pm
post #13 of 25

It doesn't really matter where it's located because the new people don't read the stickies anyway.

SPCC Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 7:42pm
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboarder

It doesn't really matter where it's located because the new people don't read the stickies anyway.

this is not true! I have read some great stuff from the stickies!!

Herekittykitty Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 7:53pm
post #15 of 25

Absolutely not true. I have read or at least skimmed most of the How Do I and Cake Decorating stickys (But admittedly not this one, I opened and saw it didn't currently apply).

leah_s Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 8:01pm
post #16 of 25

Are you kidding me? You have NO idea how many people I direct to that sticky.

linstead Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 8:07pm
post #17 of 25

Ok I have to ask - what is a sticky???

Meowcakes Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 8:19pm
post #18 of 25

This required a thread, not just a PM to JanH who we all know moves and closes things as she pleases. PM Jan H and just ask.

snowboarder Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 10:06pm
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Are you kidding me? You have NO idea how many people I direct to that sticky.

Right. You direct people to the sticky, so it doesn't matter where it's located. That was my point.

chellescountrycakes Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 12:14am
post #20 of 25

Gotta say as a newbie when I read 'SPS' in a thread, I remembered seeing a sticky about it and went to read about it. instead of asking.

I do glance over stickys, I might not read every word, but I always check them out. Sometimes they dont make sense at first, but as you learn you realize what is in them is valuable.

anasazi17 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 12:29am
post #21 of 25

Oh! I knew I didn't lose my mind! I went looking for the SPS sticky and didn't find it where I knew it to be...I found it but thought I was nuts! HAHA I am so intrigued to find out the end to this saga!!

Leah..I love your signature line..HILARIOUS!
Jen

CakeInfatuation Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 12:43am
post #22 of 25

After my first real disaster I went right for that Sticky!!! But first I went to Leahs signature to find out where it was! I read up on it, bought it, and delivered my first SPS cake without stress! AHHHHH!!! Now I charge an equipment fee for all cakes 3 tiers and above just to include SPS and I wouldn't change it!

Thanks Leah!!!

JaeRodriguez Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:06am
post #23 of 25

Leah- that's awesome! icon_biggrin.gif

kansaslaura Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 2:39am
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowcakes

This required a thread, not just a PM to JanH who we all know moves and closes things as she pleases. PM Jan H and just ask.

Nods in agreement...

Cakechick123 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 6:08am
post #25 of 25

things do get moved around a lot, my thread about my nappy cake tutorial is now in the lounge section
dont know why, its not real nappies, its still a cake!!!!!

Had a hard time locating it when someone pmed me for instructions a week or so ago. Im also still waiting for a reply on why that was moved!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%