I've Resorted To Desperate Measures

Lounge By cakesbycathy Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 1:07am by bizatchgirl

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 12:04am
post #91 of 395

Well I've got you all beat! I'm going to Twicon 2009! icon_razz.gif I'll get to meet the actors.

twicon.org

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:14am
post #92 of 395

Ok I got it I got it, we can call ourselves twilight anonymous. TA club. How funny. I too saw the magazine about Rob being kicked to the curb and I thought to myself AWWW how sad, I don't want to see him kicked to the curb that really hurts me LOL.

Gee sh I have got the twilight thing really bad. icon_sad.gif

JulyMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulyMama Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 8:20am
post #93 of 395

They're filming NM right by my house. One of my sister's (I live across the street from my parents and sisters) went to the set and saw the actors. I guess they are filming Jacob's house in the provincial park right down the street.
The first week they were filming here the whole cast went to my other sisters work for lunch. She works at a popular restaurant. Apparently they were all very nice and signed autographs for the staff.
Too bad she didn't get me one icon_sad.gif

thepinklotusstore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thepinklotusstore Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 3:01am
post #94 of 395

Ah man Amia your really lucky!! I would love to be able to go!!! I hope u have an awesome time!!!
And Julymama:
WHAAAAAAATTTTTT????? Omg I feel a surge of absolute jealousy overcome my being!!! HAHAHAHAHA
U really are fortunate!! I mean I would be roaming the streets searching for a glimpse of anything I could see at all!! WOW
Darn I also got it real BAD, I mean it's ridiculous!!
Just joined Twilightmoms.com by the way, I makes me feel better hahahaha

JulyMama Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 6:53am
post #95 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinklotusstore

Ah man Amia your really lucky!! I would love to be able to go!!! I hope u have an awesome time!!!
And Julymama:
WHAAAAAAATTTTTT????? Omg I feel a surge of absolute jealousy overcome my being!!! HAHAHAHAHA
U really are fortunate!! I mean I would be roaming the streets searching for a glimpse of anything I could see at all!! WOW
Darn I also got it real BAD, I mean it's ridiculous!!
Just joined Twilightmoms.com by the way, I makes me feel better hahahaha

LOL, I know, I've got it bad too! I had no time to go to the set to check it out, and when I finally did have some time they left that filming site to go somewhere else in Vancouver icon_sad.gif
Also I guess they go shopping downtown and hang out around there while they're not filming and it's pretty far from my house. Where they were filming to Downtown is probably an hour drive or so.

I was thinking too, either they film the scenes very fast, they're coming back to film more here, or Jacob's house won't be in the movie much because they weren't here very long.
Here's a link to wiki that shows where they filmed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnekhada_Regional_Park
There's a big lodge there and tons of trails. Along the main road through the park there are houses and they filmed in one of them.[/url]

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 7:43pm
post #96 of 395

has anyone seen the new poster of NEW MOON, boy he looks yummier than ever...

you can view it here, enjoy!!
http://popwatch.ew.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/03/31/twilightfanart_l.jpg

Melony Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melony Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 7:56pm
post #97 of 395

Again....He's way too young for me, but good lordy he's hot!! Thanks for posting that!! He looks like he might have buffed up a little bit since 'Twilight".

JulyMama Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:10pm
post #98 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by abruntz

Those aren't the real posters, they are fan made

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:23pm
post #99 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by abruntz

YUMMY!!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:32pm
post #100 of 395

LOL. They are addictive. I read books 2 and 3 in one week. When I was reading the series, my husband would walk over and take his pointer and middle finger (to represent vampire fangs) and poke me in the neck with both of them. LOL.

jer702 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:37pm
post #101 of 395

I bought the 1st one on Sunday but haven't started reading it yet. I'm on the conclusion of another trilogy and I know the minute I start with the Twilight series I won't want to finish my current book. So i'm trying to go really, really fast, but still not fast enough (sigh)

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:40pm
post #102 of 395

i thought the last one was by far the best-absolutely could not put it down-(well, i did when i finished it lol) i can't even begin to imagine how they will accomplish that in a movie (quite frankly i was a tad disappointed in the movie i feel that they glossed over the bella character and their relationship) hopefully the next one is a step up (and you should see my pics of the cookies i just finished today of the books hehe totally loving the twilight thing)

jer702 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 8:43pm
post #103 of 395

Hey, I didn't realized those were your cookies..I almost posted them here for everyone to see icon_lol.gif

thepinklotusstore Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:34pm
post #104 of 395

OMG! Finished new moon at last! (School and kids dont leave me too much time, theyre neglected when I start reading ahahaha) I bawled so much my kids thought there was something really wrong with me...OMG I did get to also Love Jake though awww he's so friggin sweet! (I'm an Edward girl though) Can't wait to have a chance to start Eclipse! WOOT WOOT! I also joined twilightmoms.com It's nice to see all the non-teenybopper fans!!

jer702 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 3:45pm
post #105 of 395

I started the 1st book last night and I finished the first 6 chapters. I will admit that it was very hard to put the book down, but unfortunately I had to sleep for work today. Can't wait to run home and read until my eye balls pop out tonight icon_lol.gif

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 8:12pm
post #106 of 395

What happened? Did our thread die? I know there are more Twilight fanatics out there and many more areas of Twilight we have yet to explore.

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 6:24pm
post #107 of 395

i just read midnight sun 2 days ago.

i really liked it , i hope she finishes it

bizatchgirl Posted 11 Apr 2009 , 10:01pm
post #108 of 395

I convinced a friend to read Midnight Sun and now she thinks it's better than Twilight. I wouldn't say better, but it does add a ton to the story to know what Edward was thinking. Makes you with Twilight maybe had changing points of view.

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:09am
post #109 of 395

What is midnight sun?

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 3:54am
post #110 of 395

The author, Stephanie Meyer, has the first 200 pages of Midnight Sun on her website. It's supposed to be Twilight from Edward's perspective. I haven't read it yet, just finished Eclipse last night. Why was I boohoo crying? lol

jer702 Posted 12 Apr 2009 , 4:45pm
post #111 of 395

So last night I sat down and started on chapter 7 of Twilight and I honestly didn't put that book down until finished the whole thing. Did I mention that I'm in love icon_redface.gif Well my hubby ran out to grab last minute Easter stuff and just brought back 2nd book New Moon and I can't wait to continue reading. I just can't understand why Its so hard to put the book down, I don't want to finish it as fast, but I don't know any other way. Oh, for the record again..i'm in love. LOL.

mackeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mackeymom Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 8:57pm
post #112 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulyMama

They're filming NM right by my house. One of my sister's (I live across the street from my parents and sisters) went to the set and saw the actors. I guess they are filming Jacob's house in the provincial park right down the street.
The first week they were filming here the whole cast went to my other sisters work for lunch. She works at a popular restaurant. Apparently they were all very nice and signed autographs for the staff.

Well take them some cake from all of us!! icon_biggrin.gif

mackeymom Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:04pm
post #113 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulyMama

So are the reports of Rob being hit by a sign and getting hurt, are they true? Some websites are reporting but I thought if it were a big deal, some of the other major networks would be reporting it.

mackeymom Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:06pm
post #114 of 395

Oh and Taylor! YUM! But I feel kinda dirty watching Chearper by the Doaen 2 now! ha ha! icon_twisted.gif
LL

mackeymom Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 9:14pm
post #115 of 395

[quote="janelwaters"]Mackeymom - you are OFFICIALLY the smartest person on the planet!!!!!quote]

Thanks you, thank you! I keep telling my husband that....but you know how men are!

thepinklotusstore Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:02pm
post #116 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer702

So last night I sat down and started on chapter 7 of Twilight and I honestly didn't put that book down until finished the whole thing. Did I mention that I'm in love icon_redface.gif Well my hubby ran out to grab last minute Easter stuff and just brought back 2nd book New Moon and I can't wait to continue reading. I just can't understand why Its so hard to put the book down, I don't want to finish it as fast, but I don't know any other way. Oh, for the record again..i'm in love. LOL.

HAHAHAHA!! That IS the only way!! You've just been Twili-tised!! hahaha just made that word up, maybe it'll catch on ROFL
And OMG how about the crying on new moon??? I'm about 1/3 through Breaking dawn now and can't wait to see what happens!!
And Oh Edward is mine!! HAHAHA He says Bella's too stubborn for him so he'll come with me!!! HAHAHAHA I know I'm losing it LOL

mackeymom Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 7:18pm
post #117 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla1505

i just read midnight sun 2 days ago.

i really liked it , i hope she finishes it

She hasn't siad for sure if she will finish it or not. She was really hurt that somone (she knows who) leaked it out. She has said that she if/when she finishes Midnight Sun it will be after everyone has forgotten about it! Like that will ever happen.

But, she has been inhiding so far this year. She has only done one apperance, and of course her duties on set. So hoepfully she is working on Midnight sun! She said she let Rob Pattinson read the first few chapters while he was filming Twilight.

I was SO mad when it stoped the night before Edward and Bella go into the woods! I can't believe we don't know what he Edward thinking during that day!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 7:45pm
post #118 of 395

I'm so lost. I finished the series last week and don't know what to do. lol

I still have to go read Midnight Sun. Loved Breaking Dawn though! I can't even imagine her not doing a movie for that. Too much that happens.

You guys see the released pic of the "pack"? With Sam, Jared, Embry and Paul?? Yum yum and then some...

David Slade is slated to be the director for Eclipse. He directed 30 Days of Night.

aliciababcock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciababcock Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 8:03pm
post #119 of 395

My bff got me addicted. I read all 4 books back to back and hated the few times I had to put it down to eat, sleep or go to work. Then I felt lost cause I didn't have more to read. Then when I found midnight sun, I was elated. Who know some books that were originally geared at teens could make me so crazy. I told my dh that I loved him, but he could never measure up to Edward. He just laughed at me and called me a silly girl.

bizatchgirl Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 2:20am
post #120 of 395

aliciababcock, you are definitely Twilitized!!!! I saw the movie with several friends. On the way from the theatre back to our cars, she says 'I'm going home to break up with Chris, he'll never be like Edward'. I think she meant it (at the time)!

We've already planned our Eclipse party. Some fancy Twilight themed cake, some faux-blood type drink. We don't want Bloody Mary's, so we are trying to find something else suitably appropriate. We can't wait!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%