Wasc Question.....???

Decorating By Baking_Booth Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 5:52pm by Cakepro

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 10

Does lemon extract taste good in the WASC recipe?
I know it says you can use any flavor but I was wondering if anyone has tried the lemon version? I'm thinking of doing that with raspberry filling of course!!! Yum-O

What is your favorite filling for the original WASC recipe?

Thanks!!!

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 10

You can use any flavoring or combination of flavors in any cake or icing recipe. It is completely up to you (or your customer) as to what flavor it will be.
Everyone's tastes differ. What you find tasty (oysters, snails anyone??) I definitely would not! So flavoring, fillings etc are entirely personal.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:08am
post #3 of 10

Just what kakeladi said. icon_smile.gif

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 9:22am
post #4 of 10

I made Lemon WASC cupcakes filled with lemon curd and iced with buttercream with just a hint of lemon extract last weekend .. I took some of them to a friends house for the kids, I stopped by there yesterday and all the kids and her husband came running into the house because they thought I had more cupcakes... Hhahahah Yeah they were good...

calicopurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calicopurr Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 9:26pm
post #5 of 10

Kakeladi...is there supposed to be oil in your WASC recipe?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 7:37am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicopurr

Kakeladi...is there supposed to be oil in your WASC recipe?

kakeladi's Original WASC doesn't use any oil/fat in the recipe (which is what distinguishes it from Rebecca Sutterby's version).

kakeladi's Orginal WASC cake recipe:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-599677-.html

Rebecca Sutterby's WASC cake recipe:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

HTH

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:35pm
post #7 of 10

I tweaked Sutterby's WASC recipe to make a wonderful lemon cake. If you want to try it, here is the link: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7371-2-AMAZING-Lemon-Cake-from-a-Mix.html

It pairs beautifully with strawberry filling, raspberry filling, and lemon curd. I love doing 4 layers of cake separated by strawberry filling, the middle layer lemon curd, and then strawberry filling. YUM-0!

And to make your buttercream lemony, you can add unsweetened Kool-Aid lemonade mix to the buttercream. I LOVE that...it zingy and de-lish. icon_smile.gif

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 10

with the kool-aid do you have to disolve it in water first or do you just toss it straight in? I've used jello before but I disolve it in hot water first because otherwise it's very grainy.

Also someone on here listed a lemonicious cake recipe that subs frozen lemonade for the water in cake recipes. I did this for a lemon cake..used the Cake Dr. Recipe and it was super lemony. I think a lot of lemon cakes just have a subtle taste of lemon. Using the lemonade really made the lemon flavor stand out.

The recipe posted said use 1/2 a can of frozen lemonade for a lemon flavor and a whole can for extra lemony flavor. I used a whole can because I didn't know what I would do with the 1/2 can left over and it was sooo yummy. I did ask at the party if it was too lemony...friends who know they are expected to be honest really loved the extra lemon kick.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:51pm
post #9 of 10

Has anyone made both versions of WASC , with oil and without?
I'm curious what the differences are. 1/4 cup of oil sounds subtle but it doesn't mean it isicon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:52pm
post #10 of 10

On my next lemon cake, I may try using the lemonade concentrate. My version is pretty lemony, though, so it might make it bitter. Sounds like a yummy experiment! icon_smile.gif

You could dissolve the Kool-Aid in the water that you are going to add to your buttercream recipe, but I just put mine straight in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%