Wanna Help Me Shop Please? Fun Fun Fun

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 22 May 2008 , 5:38pm by diane

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 21 May 2008 , 1:37am
post #1 of 11

If someone can point me to a great VERY easy edible image machine AND all the stuff to use with it .. I will trust enough to go ahead and order it tonight!!! I want one so bad and I'm tired of waiting (plus DH gave me the go ahead) I do have a limit though... Now remember I am VERY computer illiterate so it has to be easy to work icon_smile.gif I want to mainly do wording for my little plaques for my cakes and for like graduation diploma's and stuff like that...

HELP... anybody who LOVES to shop icon_smile.gif

10 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 21 May 2008 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 11

KopyKake is a good source for the supplies-food color cartridges and wafer paper/icing sheets.

They list the kinds of printers that accept the cartridges they have available. You don't need their fancy software or setup.

wgoat5 Posted 21 May 2008 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks JoAnn icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 21 May 2008 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 11

I bought my epson all in one off ebay for under $60 and I love it.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 22 May 2008 , 12:16pm
post #6 of 11

Ordering today icon_smile.gif

I COMPLETELY Forgot about that thread.. icon_sad.gif

Thanks my friend!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 22 May 2008 , 1:53pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:

A question about this. Will any printer work? I have two sitting here collecting dust. I would really be icon_biggrin.gif if I didn't have to buy another printer.

Thanks,
Mike

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 May 2008 , 2:44pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

A question about this. Will any printer work? I have two sitting here collecting dust. I would really be icon_biggrin.gif if I didn't have to buy another printer.

Thanks,
Mike

Here's where you will find what printers will work with edible image ink tanks: http://www.kopykake.com/documents/PrinterInks-Xref.pdf

You cannot use a printer that has had regular, non-edible printer ink go through the printhead. You would need to replace the printhead. Regular inks contain heavy metals and other dangerous contaminants that you do not want contaminating your edible images.

Sherri

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:27pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Thanks,
Mike

Here's where you will find what printers will work with edible image ink tanks: http://www.kopykake.com/documents/PrinterInks-Xref.pdf

You cannot use a printer that has had regular, non-edible printer ink go through the printhead. You would need to replace the printhead. Regular inks contain heavy metals and other dangerous contaminants that you do not want contaminating your edible images.

Sherri

Very cool THANK YOU.

Mike

Sorry for the brief hijack icon_redface.gif Think of it as a very poor commercial break icon_surprised.gif

wgoat5 Posted 22 May 2008 , 3:32pm
post #10 of 11

lol!!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 22 May 2008 , 5:38pm
post #11 of 11

just to let you know...i've had two canon printers and they both died on me after the warranty expired.
i now have an epson cx3810 and have had no problems whatsoever. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%