Wasc .... Please Help!!

Decorating By rmelendrez Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 11:14pm by tirby

rmelendrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmelendrez Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 12

I love the WASC only I'm having a problem... the sides stick when I take the cake out of the pans.

I used a 6in, 3 in deep round Wilton pan which I floured and greased, used a flower nail and Wilton bake strips. This was my third attempt...Please help me! Thanks!

11 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 12

I use a trick that I learned from this site - I make a homemade cake release and it's never let me down. Use equal parts flour, oil and shortening, mix together in a tupperware type container and store at room temp. Whenever I bake I use either a pastry brush or papertowel to apply this cake release onto my pans. It works great and I've never had a problem with any cake, including WASC's , sticking.

HTH

craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 12

That is my favorite cake recipe too. I've never had any problems but I use Cake release and don't use bake strips. Sorry I couldn't help.

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 12

the only time this problem happens to me is if the cake is not quite done. Close but not quite. are the sides of the cake pulled away from the sides of the pan just a bit before you take it out? And do you have an oven thermometer

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 12

not sure what's happening, i make these all the time with no problem. have you ever tried the Wilton Cake release- they work like a charm. I always used to have the problem you're having, but since using it icon_smile.gif

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:34pm
post #6 of 12

Try running a sharp knife around the edges before removing. The cake release recipe SugarPlum lists is terrific.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:40pm
post #7 of 12

Are you greasing & flouring the sides of the pan as well as the bottom?
Have you tried Wilton's or homemade pan release? Either is greaticon_smile.gif
The recipe has nothing to do w/this problem.
If they have not loosed from the pan after 10 minutes of cooling, then run a spatula or knife round the edge before depanning.

gandelmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gandelmom Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:42pm
post #8 of 12

I agree it might be an under done cake problem. Bake a little longer, use a knife around the edges and use cake release.
Let us know if this helps!

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 5:00pm
post #9 of 12

BakersJoy. It never fails me.

rmelendrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmelendrez Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 6:23pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks everyone...

I do grease and flour the sides of the pan and my oven thermometer reads 325. I did notice that the sides of the cake were not pulled away from the sides of the pan so perhaps I do need to bake it a tad longer.

How long do you recommend for baking time at 325???

SugarPlum - thanks for the tip I'll give that try

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 7:00pm
post #11 of 12

thumbs_up.gif Hope it solves your dilema. Let us know.

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 11:14pm
post #12 of 12

time depends on cake size 8' 10' 12' what ever but I always check to see not only toothpick comes out clean but for the sides to be pulled out just a bit. Sometimes 3-5 extra minutes is enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%