I Just Got Sugarshacks New Buttercrem Dvd!!!!!

Decorating By MommaLlama Updated 5 Nov 2007 , 3:15am by grannys3angels

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:32am
post #91 of 143

I received mine this morning!! Can't wait to watch it!! thumbs_up.gif

zenu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zenu Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:37am
post #92 of 143

I received mine last week and I've watched it like 4 times thumbs_up.gif - I've even taken notes so I can "study" the steps and memorize them.

I've been meaning to pm her to congratulate her. It's truly amazing- genius, pure genius!

Thank you Sharon for creating this DVD and letting us try to emulate your beautiful cakes!

I'm also ready for your fondant DVD icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

God Bless!

MommaLlama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaLlama Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:49am
post #93 of 143

WOW!!!!MissyTex, you did a great job icing that cake!!!! I can't wait to practice.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:49pm
post #94 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannys3angels

icon_lol.gif MommaLlama, that thread has become my second home. Sharon's icing recipe has been a big hit with my family, friends and myself.

I can't wait to see the DVD, so this old dog can learn some new tricks and tips... to help improve on my decorating icon_biggrin.gif .

God Bless,
Sharon

EDIT: Hey there Tirby, we can CHA-CHA even more now icon_lol.gif

question...is here recipe an all shortening one?? i see that her icing is white...i know butter makes your icing a ivory color...just curious.

MommaLlama Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:42pm
post #95 of 143

diane, here is a link to the recipie. It is the best buttercream recipe that I have used. Much easier to decorate with! And it is delicious too!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-19948.html

This thread is full if usefull information, it is no replacement for the DVD since she shows everything in great detail, but it is a great read.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 9:48pm
post #96 of 143

Yes Diane, it is an all hi ratio shortening. I also agree with MommaLlama
it is the bc recipe I have ever used IMO.

Cha Cha Cha Zenu, it's nice to hear you have enjoy your dvd thumbs_up.gif

O.K. just thought I would let everyone on this thread know....in the thread of Sharon's "My buttercream tips & recipe) on page 36, Sharon saids in a post that she is trying to get a class going in early 2008. Here is her e-mail addy that listed if anyone would like to get hold of her about the classes. [email protected] . Wish I could get to one of her classes icon_cry.gif

Ohh...and anyone get those beautiful cutters that on the dvd web site? If so have you used them yet and do you like them? I would like to get as gift from St. Nick DH icon_biggrin.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

wjmonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wjmonte Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 10:38pm
post #97 of 143

Here's the link to the hexagon cake I made last weekend!!! I had issues when I decorated, kept bumping sides with my knuckles and those cts were makin a mess with my hot hands. BUT the naked cake was freakin gorgeous!!! I have NEVER gotten corners on a hex like these!!!

THANKS TO Sharon's dvd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1151923&done=1[/url]

grannys3angels Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:17am
post #98 of 143

wjmonte, I saw your beautiful cake...you did a wonderful job on the hex. It look really really great! I also like your design of the cake, WTG thumbs_up.gif

Again GREAT job !!! you should be very proud of yourself.

God Bless,
Sharon

zenu Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:58am
post #99 of 143

wjmonte: your cake is beautiful! Sooooo smooth! thumbs_up.gif

I can't wait to try this method!

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:14am
post #100 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed

I received mine this morning!! Can't wait to watch it!! thumbs_up.gif

me too! waiting for my baby to go to sleep!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:15am
post #101 of 143

wjmonte. OMG ! Your cake is awesome !! Did you also use Sharons icing recipe ?

wjmonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wjmonte Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:04pm
post #102 of 143

thanks ya'll !! I use similar to sharons icing recipe. except i havea 6 quart so mine has to be tweeked to make more to fill up to the paddle.
its mostly the corners on the hex her dvd helped with. i never took enough time and went slow enough to get the edge

zenu Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:53pm
post #103 of 143

wjmonte: yeah, I noticed ALL your cakes are so smooth!

I need the DVD for everything! icon_smile.gif I haven't even tried a square cake with BC (only with fondant).

MommaLlama Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:33am
post #104 of 143

wjmonte, your cake is fabulous!!!!! What lovely corners!!! You did a great job.

I really like to see Sharon work, it's one thing to hear the techinques explaned, but it's a whole different thing to see it in action. It really helps me to wrap my mind around the concept.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:14am
post #105 of 143

icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

LovesPekes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovesPekes Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:07pm
post #106 of 143

Fiddlesticks, I'm jealous!!! I ordered my DVD the same time you did and now after 5 days I still do not have it icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif And I'm right next door to her in Texas icon_redface.gif

I hope it isn't lost in the mail!

JoJo40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo40 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:27pm
post #107 of 143

Mine's ordered...have a tracking number...can't wait.

bubbatx657 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubbatx657 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:40pm
post #108 of 143

Juat Ordered It!!!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:17pm
post #109 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesPekes

Fiddlesticks, I'm jealous!!! I ordered my DVD the same time you did and now after 5 days I still do not have it icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif And I'm right next door to her in Texas icon_redface.gif

I hope it isn't lost in the mail!

Same here! I ordered last weekend and today's mail just came....with no DVD. icon_sad.gif

sugarshack Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:30pm
post #110 of 143

I am so sorry it is taking so long guys. I promise it is on the way! thumbs_up.gif

Wandootie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wandootie Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:38pm
post #111 of 143

icon_sad.gif I ordered mine on Oct. 18th and still haven't received it yet. I'm having a panic attack. Hope it hasn't gotten lost in the post. icon_sad.gif

Wanda

LovesPekes Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:44pm
post #112 of 143

Jojo, what kind of tracking number did you get? All I got was the one from the USPS saying a label had been printed but when I check online, it does not show that it has been mailed.

I'm worried icon_cry.gif

sugarshack Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:53pm
post #113 of 143

If you guys email me your transaction numbers to [email protected] I will check the tracking for you.

Dang USPS is so slow! icon_sad.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 10:05pm
post #114 of 143

Ya everybody , Mine ( dvd ) came so fast ,I thought Sharon Lived down the road and just dropped it off ! Guess I was just Lucky! ( 1st time for everything) I will tell you its worth the wait! Hang in there .

MommaLlama Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 10:21pm
post #115 of 143

It is REALLY worth the wait!!!! Too bad it's taking so stinkin long, the post office can be so hit and miss.

I got mine lightning fast, she mist mail them the minute she gets an order.

sugarshack Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:09am
post #116 of 143

we had bad weather and flooding this week; maybe the cause of the delay??

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:46am
post #117 of 143

still haven't gotten mine either icon_sad.gif It was mailed Monday and it is now Friday and I am one state away icon_sad.gif I have been running to the mailbox everyday in anticipation for it and it wasn't there. I guess it is God's way of making it take it's time because He knows I have work to do on all my halloween cookie orders and when I get that CD, NOTHING else will matter and I will put my cookies off icon_smile.gif I can't wait to get it!

robin5568 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robin5568 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 3:19am
post #118 of 143

OK people you just drove me crazy until I couldn't stand it anymore. (deep breath) I just ordered it. You all are merciless. Now I can't sleep. Tap, tap, tap, ...is it here yet?

grannys3angels Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:44am
post #119 of 143

Sorry to hear the mail is being slow about getting your dvd's to you all, but I swear it will be well worth the wait. Sorry also Sharon to hear you all are having bad weather & flooding.

The good old mail, got to get mad at them sometimes and love them other times. I sent a package once to my grandbabies in Ohio, I was icon_eek.gif when the next day my daughter in law called and said she gotten it. Then once they didn't get a package till over a week later.

I have seen 2 cakes so far that were done using the tips Sharon shows in her dvd. They were beautiful, and the decorators were very very happy....I would say IMO they were in buttercream heaven icon_biggrin.gif

Hope everyone gets their dvd's very soon.
God Bless,
Sharon

LovesPekes Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 2:39am
post #120 of 143

I am now a happy camper. icon_biggrin.gif The DVD was waiting for me today when I returned from the volleyball game. I've already watched it once just to get an overview. Tomorrow I will sit down when my mind isn't so tired and really watch for all the details.

Thanks Sharon,
Kim C.
birthday.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%