I Just Got Sugarshacks New Buttercrem Dvd!!!!!

Decorating By MommaLlama Updated 5 Nov 2007 , 3:15am by grannys3angels

Cakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:00pm
post #31 of 143

I would love to get the DVD but can't afford to right now. Can someone direct me to the buttercream thread everyone is talking about? Thanks!

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:01pm
post #32 of 143

I realize that some will go "OH she is just making the bucks" well you know I honestly believe that she made this DVD and took the time away from her family to get it together just to simply be a blessing to all her CC friends..

I for one am grateful. I wish we could find a way to pass a card around for all to sign thanking her.

So here is my signature....

Sharon God bless you for your effort,
Danielle

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:41pm
post #33 of 143

"I realize that some will go "OH she is just making the bucks"
Oh, I don't think so!
And, if she does, she deserves it apparently!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:02pm
post #34 of 143

I just got my DVD & I LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!
Move over David Letterman, Granny's top reasons why I love it!

10. I love how she does it step for step, not just a small part, then jumps to something else. Her words and voice are very clear.

9. It is a very good price and that a portion of all proceeds from the sell of the DVD is being donated. The donation is going to the support of Klinefelter Syndrome.

8. To think that she does all this with just a few simple things, that I have already in my kitchen.

7.That I can do this right along with the dvd.

6. That I don't have to be a master decorator to get a smooth, sharp, crisp looking iced cake....but with these steps I can sure get a iced cake that makes me feel & look like master decorator icon_biggrin.gif .

5. Oh my goodness, seeing how to get sharp corners on a square cake, mind blowing icon_surprised.gif

4. How to prevent bulge & blow outs....again mind blowing icon_biggrin.gif

3. How to get a smooth sharp edge and flat level top on a round cake....and again mind blowing icon_eek.gif

2. The way she did the icing for piping the dam icon_surprised.gif

And The #1 Reason Why
Thank You! Sharon for this DVD, I saved a lot of money....because I now know, I do not have to buy the tools I thought, in order to get the kind of results I wanted.
God Bless,
Sharon

MommaLlama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaLlama Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:22pm
post #35 of 143

grannys3angels, I bet you had a hard time narrowing it down to ony the 10 top reasons, I know I would have.

Another reason that I like the dvd is that she shows tips that I haven't seen or heard of before, but like you said, she used the stuf that we already own.

I am going to have learn this "cha cha" sounds like fun!! Nothing like dancing around the kitchen to keep my family thinking I am a little nuts icon_lol.gif

grannys3angels Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 10:40pm
post #36 of 143

icon_lol.gif , Yes I did MommaLlama, that really just a few things I like about the dvd.

Ohhhh yes, the cha-cha....it is great! and yes the family will think your nuts, but oh what fun you'll have.

Hey, being a little nuts is good for the family, it gives them something to laugh & joke about icon_lol.gif

Cakey here is the link you ask about. http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-19948.html

Tirby, love your priceless post thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:03am
post #37 of 143

Mine came today - absolutely fabulous thumbs_up.gif Sharon - thank you so much icon_lol.gif

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 12:37am
post #38 of 143

I just picked mine up from the mailbox. I'll watch it tomorrow when I can really enjoy it and pay attention.

Thanks, Sharon, for offering this great video!

tirby Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:03am
post #39 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannys3angels

icon_lol.gif , Yes I did MommaLlama, that really just a few things I like about the dvd.

Ohhhh yes, the cha-cha....it is great! and yes the family will think your nuts, but oh what fun you'll have.

Hey, being a little nuts is good for the family, it gives them something to laugh & joke about icon_lol.gif

Cakey here is the link you ask about. http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-19948.html

Tirby, love your priceless post thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Thanks And Cha-Cha!!!!!! I love the DVD.... I think everyone should tell her if they hadent yet.....It's nice to know your appreciated..

Lenore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenore Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:17am
post #40 of 143

Is anyone else having trouble ordering the DVD from her web site or is my computer having a brain cramp?

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 1:40am
post #41 of 143

Thanks for posting the link MommaLlama... I ordered it too...can't wait to get it!

grannys3angels Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:55am
post #42 of 143

Yes Tirby I agree, I sent her a PM thanking her for putting out a wonderful dvd. How I love the way it was done. I had no trouble understanding it or her. I was for sure amazed by her & her dvd.
I was doing the sugarshack cha cha in front of my computer, icon_biggrin.gif
God Bless,
Sharon

MommaLlama Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:32am
post #43 of 143

Anyone made a cake using Sugarshack techniques? I'd like to see them. I'm going to try it this weekend, time permitting, I will post the results.

grannys3angels Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:18am
post #44 of 143

I haven't yet, just got the dvd. I made a cake Wed. but that was before I got the dvd. icon_cry.gif wish the cake would have been for Fri. or Sat. so I could have tried the techniques.

I had some troubles with that cake to. Then my camera wouldn't work, DD took pics with hers. I made a big boo boo and put a black silk back ground, with a black/red/sliver cake and it made it very dark and hard to see the details. Try to fix it the best I could, but it still looks bad. Oh well, live & learn icon_smile.gif

If anyone has or will be doing a cake with her techniques, please let us know how it goes for you. I will be making cc's this weekend, but if I have time I would like to try the square techniques out.

God Bless,
Sharon

MommaLlama Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:30pm
post #45 of 143

I sometimes think I should take a photography class, it would do wonders for my cakes! LOL The background color is hard for me too, I only have a black sheet or a white sheet, I am thinking when sheets go on sale somewhere I should but an assortment of colors. It's either that or buy Photo Shop, but I think the sheets would be cheaper.

wjmonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wjmonte Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:25pm
post #46 of 143

I just iced a 12 inch hexagon using sharon's dvd as a guide. I'll post the finished cake in a day or so...I must say....DANG that cake looks awesome!!!!! It actually HAS CORNERS like a HEX is supposed to !!!!

grannys3angels Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:45pm
post #47 of 143

WOW! wjmonte, I can not wait to see your cake....I hope you post the picture soon icon_biggrin.gif

Its nice to hear that your corners came out great thumbs_up.gif . Don't you just love this dvd!

God Bless,
Sharon

MommaLlama Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 4:49pm
post #48 of 143

wjmonte, We would love to see the naked cake and the finished cake, you don't even need to put it in the naughty cake section icon_eek.gif

tirby Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:28pm
post #49 of 143

The only thing I didn't have was the Hot Plate. To keep the water HOT. walmart has them for $18.. so now I'm set. I would like to get bugger piping bags but for now I have a ton so untill then it will do.
And I dont have any cake untill next month so I think I have time to practice!!

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 6:54pm
post #50 of 143

I have to get this! Thanks so much for posting, I didn't know about this DVD before!

MommaLlama Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 8:30pm
post #51 of 143

tirby, I need to get a hot plate too, as slow as I am the stove or whatever just wouldn't work, LOL. But I have everthing else, thankfully, it's all stuf I am used to using, just my technique will change.

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 12:55am
post #52 of 143

I watched the DVD this morning. It is WONDERFUL!

The very first thing I noticed (unlike other videos that demonstrate certain techniques) she didn't skip from one scene to another. For example, the Satin Ice video called "how to cover a cake with fondant" shows the demonstrator smoothing out the fondant. Then suddenly you are taken to the next scene where it's all smooth...no pleats...no cracks...no extra crap to tuck and hide! However, the demonstrator never shows us HOW he did that. Makes me wonder how many people it took to get that look, or how many times it took him to get it right for the camera. Not very helpful to me.

On the other hand, Sharon shows her audience every single painstaking step. Yes, it's a lot of work (she doesn't pretend it isn't), but the end result is gorgeous! The bc finish looks like smooth, perfect porcelain.

Moreover, her direction is for everyone -- novice and professional alike. She takes the mystery out of a perfect bc finish. Also, like someone else said, she uses techniques and tools that we all have access to in our kitchens. I've read the directions but was never inspired enough to do all that work. Now that I see it, and see that it is indeed possible, I'm inspired.

Bottom line:

I love it, I highly recommend it, it's inexpensive, I'll have it as a reference guide forever, and I'm putting on my x-mas list for 2 of my cake girlfriends!

Thanks again, Sharon (I'd rather thank you in a post because I bet your "in box" is swamped right now!)

Oh, and when is your Fondant for Dummies video coming out? icon_wink.gif

tirby Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:25am
post #53 of 143

I will be on the TOP OF THE LIST FOR THE FONDANT FOR REAL PEOPLE DVD. Just tell me when its available!!!!!!!

grannys3angels Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:29am
post #54 of 143

party.gif crazy4sugar, I knew you would love it...I think that is one the best things about the DVD, the way she does everything, she doesn't leave you hanging.

IMHO, I think she put together a wonderful demonstration about icing a cake with bc and great tips on smoothing. I also love the fact that I can put the DVD in and could do a cake right along with her if I wanted to.

Family & friends will tell me, "if you make a cake with fondant we will not touch it" BC Icing only! So for her to make a DVD that will help someone like me, who will be doing all bc cakes with fondant decorations is like winning the lotto for me.

THANKS!! again Sharon for an outstanding DVD! thumbs_up.gif
God Bless,
Sharon

MommaLlama Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:46am
post #55 of 143

I think a fondant dvd should be next too! I really like the way she teaches, i feel like Im really learning something. She's very down to earth.

grannys3angels Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:39am
post #56 of 143

Yes, she has a great bc icing dvd....a fondant dvd should be next icon_biggrin.gif . Heck any dvd she can make that can teach me anything about cake decorating and help me learn new things. icon_biggrin.gif

At this point Sharon is thinking "Oh Lord want have I gotten myself into icon_surprised.gif ....they all ready got me making another dvd icon_lol.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

MommaLlama Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 2:49am
post #57 of 143

Oh there's a whole list of DVD's Sharon could do, lets see, there's gumpaste roses, gumpaste bows, baby booties, scroll work, how to use those fabulous cutters of hers, and of course fondant. Im sure there are many more she could do but these are the ones that come off the top of my head. Now she just has to figure out way to make all those videos and decorate cakes too. LOL

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 6:44am
post #58 of 143

Ok you guys & gals - LadyMike is doing the CHA CHA now too! party.gif I was already using Sugarshack Sharon's recipe from the shhh.gif "other" thread in which she was gracious enough to share it with us all. BUT NOW icon_eek.gif - I just got done ordering her DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo cha cha cha!!! party.gifbirthday.gifparty.gif I can't wait to see it!!! icon_cool.gif I used PayPal, so please send it quick!!!!!!! icon_wink.gif This is almost like Christmas used to be when I was a child! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

grannys3angels Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 7:56am
post #59 of 143

icon_biggrin.gif LadyMike CHA CHA CHA, I'll cha cha cha with ya, yahooo! I can't wait for you to get your dvd....you will LOVE IT! and CHA CHA some more icon_lol.gif Oh be sure to let us what you think about. I love it!

God Bless,
Sharon

DEBBIE157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEBBIE157 Posted 21 Oct 2007 , 1:03am
post #60 of 143

I got the dvd, and I'm maybe 1/4 of the way thru it...but I love it. I learned a lot already!! *** Highly recommended *** icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%