Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 4:08pm
post #31 of 2524

I agree, Merissa. I'm sure we all feel at least slightly embarrassed on the subject, but we are all in the same boat here, whether we want to lose 10 lbs or 100. It feels great to be able to be honest and know you will be supported! I hope embarrassment won't stop anyone from joining the group!! I think everyone can agree, this is something you really can't do alone!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 4:27pm
post #32 of 2524

I am so dorky that I am so excited about our club! I think we should try to also include weekly tips that have helped to help others stay motivated and stay focused. So here is my weekly tip for this week will be about drinking water. I really have to struggle to drink anything (i wish i felt that way about food) icon_lol.gif

So I used to do this in the past. I got a big 64 oz water jug that I fill up each morning and it has to be gone by the end of the day. I see it out on my counter all the time and that helps to remind me to drink enough water.

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 4:48pm
post #33 of 2524

Okay, I'm glad someone else wrote first and cracked the 200 mark but I am now officially the biggest of the group but here I am. I am 33 years old, six feet tall and (brace yourselves) 267 as of this morning. Ouch. I have two beautiful little girls, 4 and 2 and a bunch of left over pregancy weight. I don't care for cake at all so that is not one of my vices, pop however, is.

My goals for this week:

1. Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day
2. Drink only 1 dr. pepper this week (I have to be reasonable)
3. Exercise at least 4 days

We'll start there. I'm sure I will be checking in before next Thursday but for sure, see you ladies next week.

springlakecake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 4:51pm
post #34 of 2524

imtrying: Where do you live in Michigan, I am from michigan too, spring lake (near grand haven)

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 4:52pm
post #35 of 2524

Don't ever feel embarrassed here!!! #1 rule of this thread!!!!!!!!!!
I am 5'3 and have been 235 at my largest. I was as round as I was tall!
We all struggle no matter what the actual # says. I have battled eating dissorders and diet pills, starvation and just plain gorging myself till I literally puked. thumbs_up.gif
We are all in this for health and sharing purposes. This is an honest attempt to help without having to pay for it, special foods or embarrassment of public face to face weigh ins.

I just want to help and be helped. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

notjustanycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustanycake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 4:59pm
post #36 of 2524

I agree with Tuesday & Merrisa we should not feel embarressed here. Everyone has a comfortable place they like to be with their weight and their body. It doesn't matter if we are a size 1 or a size 41!! We all know where we feel good.
My tip for this week is stay positive. We can all do anything we put our minds to. May take a little longer for some of us (me), but we will do it.

2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 5:02pm
post #37 of 2524

Instead of a weekly tip as there so many good ones here already, I will insert some honest humor.

Want a good laugh, jump naked in front of a full length mirror. Next imagine your husband/ significant other doing it naked too!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

springlakecake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 5:06pm
post #38 of 2524

icon_lol.gif ha ha! Even though my husband has a pretty good body, slim, nice a$$, the thought of him jumping naked in front of the mirror makes me cringe a little! All of those man parts flying around....

2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 5:13pm
post #39 of 2524

o.k this is bad of me....but....floppy stuff is funny. And my hubby is slim too, so that cracks me up all the more!

4dollars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4dollars Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 5:24pm
post #40 of 2524

Imtrying, I really think Dr. Pepper runs through my viens!!!

This is so exciting! I don't really have the $ to join anything like WW or buy into special meal things like nutri system of Jenny Craig, but I can get on the net with great people who have the same goal I do, get healthy and loose a little too! And it doesn't hurt that we all understand the calling of cake batter and cupcakes.

2sdae, I'm afraid if I jump like that, I'll have to explain the 2 black eyes!!

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 5:54pm
post #41 of 2524

I drink my fair share of soda - diet because I love aspartame - I know, I know. But any way my tip for you soda lovers is at WalMart (haven't they taken over the world yet?) they sell this Sams Club Clear American sparkling water beverage stuff. It's fizzy and comes in many flavors but has no caffeine or calories. It does have Aspartame, but it's a step down from soda and a start towards water. Another tip for Water drinking, because this is somthing I have actually mastered in my weight struggle, to suck down your 64oz, litterally suck it down - a straw makes everything go faster and isn't as hard as chugging a bottle. OR if your not a straw kind of person, which sometimes I'm not. I keep an 8 oz cup out and everytime I go to the bathroom I simply drink a glass of water after. Rehydrating what you've just lost being the idea. You'll spend a LOT of time peeing the first couple weeks but after a bit your bladder adjusts.

And about the jumping naked in front of the mirror thing, LMAO. merissa and 2sdae, you did not help the picture I'd already painted.

2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 6:13pm
post #42 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dollars

2sdae, I'm afraid if I jump like that, I'll have to explain the 2 black eyes!!

As much weight as I have ever gained, I've never had enough in that department to make much difference jumping. icon_rolleyes.gif I make do with a 32 a/b even at 235! Some people have all the luck!!!!

The jumping thing was told to me by a patient of mine, as before I had my 2 year old I was a nurse at a nursing home. This woman was 90 and asked me out of blue one day..."Want to really laugh...try jumping naked in front of a full length mirror." I almost peed myself trying not to laugh as I gave her medicine for the night.
icon_lol.gif

springlakecake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 7:29pm
post #43 of 2524

So far day one is going pretty good. I managed to come away from my son's preschool party not eating (okay I had about 1/2 bite of the cupcakes I made...does that count!) I have almost completely drank my 64 ounces of water...and i have been on the pot quite a bit. Now it is all quiet in my house, 2 nappers and oldest at kindergarten. This is often when I feel like having a unhealthy snack. So I am jumping on here instead and I ate an apple. The first day is always hard to break habits.

4dollars Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 7:32pm
post #44 of 2524

oops...double post.

4dollars Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 7:32pm
post #45 of 2524

The only good thing about my wieght gain is in my chest. I went from a 34a to a 38d over the last few years. Why can't I pick and choose where the fat falls of, I guess I can at least try, so here goes...
1. I want to keep the boobies, thank you.
2. no more gut
3. fat must leave the face and neck area, immediately.
4. butt, you just have to perk up!

Anyone else want to order thier body around.

4dollars Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 7:36pm
post #46 of 2524

Good for you Merissa! I agree that 1st day is the worst. I have been exercising for 2 1/2 weeks now, almost every weekday, but I thought I was going to die that 1st night afterwards. And it was only for 30minutes.

I'm going to go get my water now...

2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 7:40pm
post #47 of 2524

As far as ordering the bod around.......

1. Boobies...I just want some!
2. Butt kick it up a notch and lift!
3. Tuumy remove all those baby tell tales and flatten that double c section pouch.<we are not a kangaroo relative after all>
4.Legs grow another 2 inches!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Damn tall skinny people! They make me feel really short and round!
More water, less cake. More water, less cake. More water, less cake.<my new mantra.

springlakecake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 7:43pm
post #48 of 2524

You know the sad thing is that I do actually exercise on a fairly regular schedule (about 3 days a week) I actually feel like I am not in that bad of shape, I can run 2 miles pretty easily (i never could have even run 1 mile a year ago) I think I have been just half heartedly doing the diet portion. I just cave really easily when someone suggests pizza or there are cupcakes laying around the house. So this all really means that I am consuming way too many calories...it is that simple.

springlakecake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 7:49pm
post #49 of 2524

Ordering my body around...

I wish I could have firmer boobs, but my 3 boys just sucked the life out of them with nursing...thank goodness for bras.

What I really hate is feeling the ripples of fat on my sides like when I am leaning over. Yuck.

I also really hate when I am walking around in a skirt or pjs (you know without pants) and my thighs are like adhered to eachother! Do You know what I mean?!?!?

This fat just needs to be removed from my body. I have done it before and the feeling I got from feeling good about myself was so worth it. I just need to start seeing some results so that I can keep motivated.

shelbur10 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 7:51pm
post #50 of 2524

I'm pretty proud, I had to run errands on my lunch hour today; usually that means cheeseburger and fries... I got a low fat sub (with no mayo!) and water. And reminded myself that dessert at lunch is not only not mandatory, but not normal!

Orders for my body:
1. Shift some of the belly fat up to the boobs
2. Upper arm flab move to the bicep and pretend you're a muscle
3. For the last time, fat on the back of my thighs, your job is to HOLD UP my butt!!!

2sdae Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 7:56pm
post #51 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbur10

2. Upper arm flab move to the bicep and pretend you're a muscle
3. For the last time, fat on the back of my thighs, your job is to HOLD UP my butt!!!

I almost spit crystal light all over my monitor on that one!

4dollars Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 8:05pm
post #52 of 2524

OOooh, I forgot about growing a few more inches taller!

Shelbur10, That's too funny...

I love this thread!

estherhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
estherhead Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 8:51pm
post #53 of 2524

I can't join your group until Feb. when this baby in me comes out, but do you mind if I lurk & post occasionally in the mean time? I'm ready to start thinking healthy thoughts & start eating like I care if this baby is healthy instead of eating empty calories.

As for future body goals:
1. Goodbye flabby arms.
2. I would love that line in the outside of my thigh back. Remember that line?
3. I would like the ugliest part of my tummy to be the stretch marks, not the rolls.
4. And mostly I would like to recapture the healthy habits I was modelling for my girls before I let it all go. It is so NOT good when your 6 yr old asks if she can have strawberries instead of Oreos in her lunch. GUILT!!!!

springlakecake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 9:01pm
post #54 of 2524

Absolutely join us! While you cant loose weight yet, you can join us in healthy habits including diet and exercise. I swear I wouldnt be where I am now if I hadnt eaten so many whoppers when I was pregnant with my last son. I swear I am surprised he didnt come out resembling a whopper. I only had gained about 30 or 35 pounds, but it just hasnt come off as easily as it did with my other two kids.

shelbur10 Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 9:05pm
post #55 of 2524

I remember that line, estherhead...had almost forgotten about it. I want it back too!! It would also be nice if my kids didn't feel the urge to pat my behind and sing the 'big fat butt' song. LOL They also sing the "mom is the bomb" song, so I forgive them icon_rolleyes.gif

Ladyofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyofcake Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 10:17pm
post #56 of 2524

"Damn tall skinny people! They make me feel really short and round!
More water, less cake. More water, less cake. More water, less cake.<my new mantra."
LOL... 2sdae, I totally agree with you - I feel exactly the same way!
Ok, weighed in at 180 today. Realistic goal is 140 (dream goal is 120).

My goals this week:
1. Drink more water.
2. Try to keep track of my blood sugar this week.
3. Try to exercise when baby is napping.
4. Try to figure out what else can be cut from my diet without affecting nursing my baby.

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 14 Dec 2006 , 11:53pm
post #57 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

I also really hate when I am walking around in a skirt or pjs (you know without pants) and my thighs are like adhered to eachother! Do You know what I mean?!?!?

If I didn't shave my legs all the way up my thighs I'd be afraid I'd catch fire from the friction. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

The othr thing, when you raise your arm to wave and the fat underneath keeps waving long after your hand has.

Oh and I used to tell myself I'm not fat I'm just short for my weight, so order me up a few more inches and a boob lift, I've got them, but if I'm braless they just droop into my tummy when I'm sitting. ---Ahhh the joys of motherhood.

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 3:28am
post #58 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo

Oh and I used to tell myself I'm not fat I'm just short for my weight, so order me up a few more inches

LOL! Sign me up for that too thumbs_up.gif I'm only 5' and no inches, so that's what makes my weight extra trouble. My husband is 6'3", and while he has gained some over the years, because he's so tall it's hardly noticeable. Not fair!!

I did pretty good today until we got pizza for dinner. That is our Thursday night ritual after the kids swimming classes, so I'm going to have to use that willpower and only eat one slice of plain from now on. I did treadmill and pilates today, so I'm happy about that. I also made 6 batches of frosting for my daughter's b-day cake, and only had one small taste from two batches - a minor miracle. WooWoo!

I also keep a 32 oz. bottle of water in the fridge all the time so I can drink more of that and less soda. I do have to have one diet pepsi when I get up in the morning - I'm not a coffee person, so that is my morning addiction icon_biggrin.gif

-Lisa

springlakecake Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 11:53am
post #59 of 2524

okay I was up early and to the gym at 5:30 to do a short workout. (it wasnt the best workout ever, but at least I was there) I did pretty well yesterday, but I caught myself eating leftovers on my kids plates. So I will need to add that to my list of goals this week. No eating from my kid's plates. Here comes the weekend, the hardest part of the week for me. Give me strength not to eat all of the goodies at my husband's family christmas gathering tomorrow. And I have to eat fast food tonight on our way. I must get a salad or something healthy (i love fries!) Add that to my list of goals too! Good luck today everyone!

2sdae Posted 15 Dec 2006 , 12:07pm
post #60 of 2524

I did o.k., I made my pound cakes and managed only about 1 tbs. of batter to slip through my lips before throwing the bowl, beater,& scraper straight into the sink of soapy hot water! HA! Gotcha little temptations. icon_lol.gif

I got almost all my water in me..... icon_rolleyes.gif
I ate broiled fish for dinner with baby carrots while my family had all that and big buttery, covered with cheddar and sour cream potatoes.
And I only ate a slice of pound cake plain, and the slice was thin enough to see through. While DH and DDS had their with strawberries, raspberries and whipped cream.
thumbs_up.gif

So today I WILL drink all my water.
I will eat healthy, no icing snitches as I will be making MMF and carmel icing from Toba's new book.
I will walk my mile today.

O.K. with this day started off right.....Here we go girls! Let's kick some fat cells in their booty! icon_evil.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%