What Are You Known For Beside Cake?

Lounge By midwestmommy Updated 7 Aug 2006 , 3:39am by morg

midwestmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midwestmommy Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 38

Do you have a specialty you are involved in? Is it also food related or something different?

I'm into scrapbooking. Everyone knows I'm always on the hunt for a new place to get supplies!

37 replies
4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 38

I'll join you on the scrapbooking thing! I'm the "official" cakemaker and scrapper for our family! I'm the only person I know that gets excited over Viva paper towels and new stickers! icon_lol.gif

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 38

I'm totally involved in cooking in all ways. I love to try new recipes whether they are for cakes or for meals. Everyone knows to come to me for a recipe or advice on cooking. Have you ever seen the commercial for the cooking school that says "do you own every tool in the world for cooking and you use them?" That's me!

oneprimalscream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneprimalscream Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 38

I've been referred to as the 'amazing artist' my entire life. I don't totally agree, but I LOVE art, so I'm okay with that icon_biggrin.gif

Also, 'that girl that plays guitar' because when I was a bit younger, I was in a lot of local bands and whatnot.

And...people call me that 'goth girl' or the 'pale girl'. I don't mind that because I LOVE pale skin...hehe.

ashlymomx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashlymomx2 Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 5:30am
post #5 of 38

I'm a scrapper too icon_lol.gif And paper crafter (cards, invitations, etc.) I just started cake decorating and my dh thinks I don't need any more hobbies.

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 6:15am
post #6 of 38

I'm also heavily into scrapbooking and last year picked up machine embroidering and quilting. I've been to some competitions where the quilts look like painting, they are soooo incredible. I also knit and crochet.

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 1:20pm
post #7 of 38

My pets - too many of them. icon_eek.gif Anytime someone has an animal that needs a home, they call us!! LOL icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 2:05pm
post #8 of 38

Scrapbooking also!!! But I also buy scrapbooking supplies at wholesalers and sell them back on Ebay. The money I make there pays my own scrapbooking supplies I use, and also cake decorating supplies.
I'm also known for candies. My dad gave the job to pack the candies he sells at his store, since my kitchen is set up for food selling. He buys boxes of candies and I make little bags, the size he wants. He gives me everything for packing them, so no expenses for me and he still pays me for each bag I pack. And it's my company name on the stickers we put on the bags, so I get publicity too!!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 3:20pm
post #9 of 38

I am in to all kinds of cooking. I just love to cook. Everyone seems to enjoy my food icon_smile.gif & to me thats the best part.

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 3:36pm
post #10 of 38

I am learning photography now. I love black and white film and the darkroom. I also am a sign language interpreter for a deaf friend at church. (I'm not certified, and didn't take formal classes for it.) But I never know if something is a passing phase with me. So far the cake thing is sticking. After I learn how to do something, I'm moving on to my next interest. Which will probably be-----learning to play the cello icon_cool.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 4:16pm
post #11 of 38

I'm known for other things in my family, the two biggest ones are:
1) I can crochet like no tomorrow
&
2) I know how to make beer (My husband and I are hobbiest homebrewers)

HannahBeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HannahBeth Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 5:44pm
post #12 of 38

I love to bake, even if it's not cakes!! icon_smile.gif I also am known for knitting and crocheting, and having numerous penpals. icon_biggrin.gif plus a CC addict, among other things....

AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 6:10pm
post #13 of 38

Well I'm know for playing the harp. I also know how to play the piano but my older sister is better than me so she is mainly the one know for that in my family.

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 6:23pm
post #14 of 38

I'm the book worm! I lead a book club (which I am VERY enthusiastic about), and everybody knows if they want to talk about a book or ask for reading suggestions - I probably know which book they are looking for!!! I'm the book geek!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 9:03pm
post #15 of 38

For me it's all kinds of baking and cooking. And scrapbooking, too.

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 10:21pm
post #16 of 38

I AM ALSO KNOWN FOR BEING THE "MOM" OF THE GROUP AT THE FIREHOUSE. I HAVE BEEN TAKING A LOT OF CLASSES AND I AM THE ONE THAT MAKES SURE EVERYBODY HAS WHATEVER THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE: GEAR, FOOD, GIRLFRIEND\\WIFE PROBLEMS AND THE ONE WHO BAKES FOR WHATEVER OCCASION IT IS!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 11:01pm
post #17 of 38

Sarcasim is what I am known for....... icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 11:33pm
post #18 of 38

No, Spotty, say it isn't so!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 11:51pm
post #19 of 38

I think it is baking. I absolutely love to bake bread... I refuse to use a bread machine or a mixer, there isn't anything like making bread with your hands from beginning to end... although I don't have as much time anymore to do it icon_sad.gif

But anything having to do with a desert I am your girl. Christmas Time I am always trying out new things pies, cookies, candies, cakes... etc...

My family also knows me as the photographer too. I love taking pictures and being in pictures... I am always looking for the perfect picture, I love taking scenic pictures with the sunset or sunrise or the bright blue sky... heck give me anytime but a cloudy day and I am happy-My BF got me a digital camera for my birthday and I have been using it to my little hearts content.

Leily

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 31 Jul 2006 , 11:52pm
post #20 of 38

I was also going to say... I love the thought of scrapbooking but am so afraid of how much I might get involved... I am not sure I can handle another high priced hobby LOL

ladyday95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyday95 Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 1:03am
post #21 of 38

Am know for trying almost anything once icon_lol.gif

also crafting, quilling, stained glass and since I am the nurse in our family everyone always come to me with medical problems and questions....

winter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winter Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 5:56am
post #22 of 38

I love to shop and use coupons...I think I'm the Coupon Queen.

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 2:19pm
post #23 of 38

I'm thinking we need a scrapbooking site! icon_lol.gif

RAVUN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RAVUN Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 2:21pm
post #24 of 38

People think I am SUPER WOMAN!
Need a nurse...call Debbie
Need a seamstress...call Debbie
Need some help......call Debbie
Need counciling......Call Debbie

No kidding...I am very busy with my volunteer fire dept. I am a board member, treasurer, fund raiser, cook, and office person. But I love it dearly.
I work as a seamstress and I love to do all kinds of sewing...especially quilting.
I love geneology and scrapbooking....I need to do a scrapbook for the fire department!
I sell Avon and I just love it.
I love to do all kinds of crafts...especially crochet....I crochet layette sets and small blankets for the children at my local hospital.
I love to help people in need and I love to read my bible....greatest book of all time!
I am the book keeper for my husband's trucking business.
And of course I love making cakes and cooking in general.
Geez.....No wonder I am so tired. icon_lol.gif

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 3:14pm
post #25 of 38

I love to cook!! I'm originally from New Orleans, and man do I love that food. It's hard to find good NO food in southside VA!! So people tend to come to me for ideas or recipes. I love arts and crafts - especially painting and small woodworking. Although I haven't gotten into scrapbooking. Not sure why though?!?

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 7:04pm
post #26 of 38

It's sooo cool!! We all have so much in common other then our cakes!!

RAVUN2003~ I didn't know you were involved in the FD!! Me & Kate39 are big FD gals!!! That is sooo neat to know!!

I am more into cooking than I am baking. I would much rather cook then bake any day. I wish I had a friend who could bake all my cakes & then I could decorate them! That would be awesome! KittisKakes I bet you can make some good Etoufe'~ I haven't mastered that yet. I'm not good at making roue' (is that even how to spell it? LOL)~ I guess it's because I'm from North Louisiana~ LOL~

I'm into photography but I don't think I'm that great but love taking pics~ I also take pics for the FD as well as fight fires~ More interested in the EMS side of the FD but I do it all.

I love gardening when it's not toooo hot!! I usually have a wonderful veggie garden every year but didn't do one this year was toooo busy~

I've bought some scrapbooking things but I've never done a book yet! I am like Leily... I'm afraid to get into something else that involves money!

I enjoyed reading this thread! And why does it seem like I always write a book when I make a post?? Maybe I need to add writter to my do's!! icon_smile.gif

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 7:55pm
post #27 of 38

I love to read almost any kind of book. Try not to do too much of it because housework gets behind...lol.

I also sew for myself and my children. Sometimes I sew for my niece and other family members. And do a few crafts.

I love to cook also and am starting to get a reputation for it. I have older family members starting to ask me for recipes.

I am on the computer a lot. CC and other sites.

I am a piano player also. Now this one ocassionally can conflict with my cake decorating. How you say? Well I had a wedding cake to set up on a Friday night that was for my uncle. I had a wedding to play for on a Saturday afternoon. Needless to say I missed the wedding rehearsal so I could set up my cake and stay for that wedding (it was my uncle's). I just asked the who, what, when, where, and why's when I got to the Saturday wedding. Thankfully they just wanted the Bridal March for when the bride walked in and to play some music (my choice) before the wedding started.

I think that is all my hobbies. Not really sure can't remember at the moment any other thing I do...lol.

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 7:59pm
post #28 of 38

Oops should add that I'm a stay at home homeschooling mom. That is something that some don't agree with so I am known for it also.

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 1 Aug 2006 , 9:45pm
post #29 of 38

I'm known for ALOT of crafts such as: flowers for weddings, covering photo albums. I love cooking and baking and EVERYBODY comes to me for recipes and tips.. I take photos (but sooo not professionally) I'm also known for my enthusatic personality and telling how it is!!! AND they all know I have a love for anything remotely related to cops, fireman, ambulances and such..

I guess it's the thrill of it!!!!

funkychica1_2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funkychica1_2004 Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 12:24am
post #30 of 38

I'm known for taking poledancing and striptease classes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%