What Are You Known For Beside Cake?

Lounge By midwestmommy Updated 7 Aug 2006 , 3:39am by morg

jennifer293 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer293 Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 12:33am
post #31 of 38

Well apparently I am now a caterer even though I have never done it a day in my life my best friend has asked me to cater her sisters wedding. We just finalized the menu yesterday.. icon_biggrin.gif

I am a room mom at my daughter's school

I am an awesome shopper..and can always find a good sale!!

I do love to make cakes though but I don't want to do it as a job because then I think I would hate it!!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 4:29am
post #32 of 38

I love cooking in general and for being a gym rat.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 5:31am
post #33 of 38

Cooking, baking, and dogs. I've been a volunteer at a no-kill rescue shelter for 2 years.

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 5 Aug 2006 , 6:04am
post #34 of 38

I love to cook, and my family loves to eat!

Although we are Indian by birth, we enjoy food from different cultures and countries, as well as our own.

I also paint ... watercolours, acrylics, oils.

But what I think I am most happy to be known for, is , "Aunty Karen's house is the best house to have a play date in!"

My daughters friends enjoy coming over, because we cook together, do craft work and generally make a mess!

Karen

cakemomne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomne Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 1:10am
post #35 of 38

I love to scrapbook and cross stitch. Really like reading but will stay up all night with a good book so I have to limit myself. icon_rolleyes.gif
Someday I want to pick up quilting again. But like most everything else, that will have to wait until my girls are older!

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 2:12am
post #36 of 38

I scrapbook, crochet, knit, quilt (a little), some glass painting and whatever else I can find time to do.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 2:59am
post #37 of 38

Hmmm... I'm like the phantom hobbiest, always changing hobbies.

The ones that stick or keep coming back are baking anything sweet, and now decorating cakes (for real this time I swear!).

I'm known at work as THE chocoholic or chocolate snob, also the candy pusher because I sold candy at the office to raise money for the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk (it's in just over 4 days! Akkk! Getting excited and nervous!)

Love wine. Especially the reds, though recently discovered really great Chardonnays on a recent trip to Napa.

Animals. My mom often says that I like animals more than I like most people. I can't say that's completely false! icon_smile.gif

Sporratic work-out freak. I'll get all into it, go every day for a few months, then completely quit doing anything active for another few months!

And I love to go to Bikram yoga classes to sweat out all the sugar from all the baking I like to do!

This is a great thread, really fun to see what people do besides decorate cakes!

morg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morg Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 3:39am
post #38 of 38

Like others in here I am an artist (mud and pantone mostly), and I love B/W photography. Dark rooms are where the magic happens. *G*

Schutzhund training is a passion, and the police K9 in my profile pic is what got me started loving it.

Hmmm, what do I do best? I guess that would be multi task, lol.

This is fun. We should do a "what do you collect?" thread some time?

(Oh, and "Goth Girl"...Merry Meet?)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%