Posted by Jackie
Makes an absolutely delicious cake that has a 'crumb' similar to a pound cake, ideal for decorating and stacking/tiering.
Enhanced Cake Formula
- 1 Cake Mix Box (Duncan Heines®, Betty Crocker®, Pillsbury® etc.)
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 generous dash of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup melted butter (optional, but highly recommended)
InstructionsPreheat Oven to 325°
- Mix flour, sugar, cake mix, and salt together with fork, set aside.
- Into Mixer bowl put eggs, water, sour cream and butter.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well on (about 2 minutes on low speed).
- Bake at 325° for 30 -60 minutes depending on pan size.